Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I’m not sure what’s going on but the delete button has been used chronically lately.

I get the emails and messages within them, but when I go to a thread the darn post/thread is gone.

If this is supposed to be an open forum why are post being deleted?

I know some of this stuff is simply ugly, but surely we can all speak our minds without censorship. The only way to combat lies is to address them other wise it makes people suspicious.

It appears since that merchant was run out of the forum DAY ONE after PAYING, the post are reduced and the rest are being deleted. I have not read a serious affiliate question since that day, is everyone afraid there post will be deleted?

Can we not have a good heated discussion anymore?

SandraR

The posts that were deleted were from Perry who signed up a total of 6 times and the last time used the name XXXXX and was kind enough to post (in the message that was deleted)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey, where did my name go?!!

[This message was edited by xxxxx on December 02, 2003 at 05:51 AM.]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As to only imply more bullroar then what he was spreading by libeling P-W once again in his posting.

ABW doesn't need this kind of malarkey, it will be removed.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Haiko owns the content of this board including every post. He can delete it or change as he see fits SandraR.

I am sure if he is deleting posts it is for a good reason. Haiko is born again hard.

ABW Ambassador
    I've seen so many libelous posts on this board posted that stay it isn't funny.

If libelous posts are going to be deleted and ABW / Moderators are going to become the judge for what is / isn't libalous - it surely will get interesting. "Selective deleting" of these kinds of posts which are frequent here does raise a big red flag IMO.

From what I've read of Perrys and Haikos postings I also think it's safe to say that Haiko has no interest in protecting Perry or their alias from any libel suit that may be brought against them. Does that mean the red flag should be raised even higher? It does IMO.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

I couldn't care less what happens to Perry and SJohnson, but I do care about the constant horsehockey they attempted to cause with their postings. If that's a flag then let hoist it up and let it wave!

</font></p>

I think forum owners need to protect themselves. To do so ABW shouldn’t allow harrassing comments to cloud any issues.

Also there must be responsible posts made by members, this forum as well as other forums sometimes gets like the WILD-WILD WEST of the 1800’s.

I didn’t come here to be exposed to this rhetoric.

I joined this forum to learn how to make more money.

Mary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    "Selective deleting" of these kinds of posts which are frequent here<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Selected deleting" - Lets define that a bit more: Negative posts that are being read by both sides in a legal action being posted on a public forum? Hmmmm

Then let's further clarify your use of "frequent" in the context of the postings here ... Two hundred how many thousand posts? and how many deletes? 20, maybe 30 in two and a half years? Geez!

</font></p>

Good work Haiko, keep it going!

That small number is really nothing over two years and 244778 posts Haiko keep up the good work.

PSSST Do you have a page with all the deleted posts on?

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Haiko and the crew do an admirable job. Hell I've gotten through 8230+ rants so far without getting banned! Got me a nifty free Parasiteware T-shirt too!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Well done Mike,

How long before you get your ABW branded Tuxedo?

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Penguin Tux's don't count. Short plumb wannabee birds who can't fly or talk need some love too. So Charlie gives Gordo a hug and wing wave

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Dang! I can't leave you guys alone for a minute to get some work done!!

Now, ya'll be good! We don't need the delete button getting all worn out and broken so it won't work when we really need it most.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Haiko and the crew do an admirable job. Hell I've gotten through 8230+ rants so far without getting banned! Got me a nifty free Parasiteware T-shirt too! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never got my T-Shirt

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Haiko:
    The posts that were deleted were from Perry who signed up a total of 6 times and the last time used the name XXXXX and was kind enough to post [QUOTE]

My boo boo,

I had no idea it was Perry and that SJohnson person probably also.

Sorry but I do not like those 2, they arrived cursing and filling threads with smut. So glad to see those 2 go. Definitely keep blocking and deleting there ass!

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    For a forum to become successful, and to maintain integrity, some posts must be deleted.

Some members must be banned.

If this forum was to become a free for all, then I would stop coming here.

There has to be a line drawn, and if people cross that line, they should be banned from this forum.

In general, people are here to learn about affiliate marketing, that is what this forum is supposed to be about. If they want to post insults and potentially libelous remarks, then they really should go elsewhere

This forum needs to be moderated, and moderated in a way that allows people to express themselves. However, people need to be polite, and not be insulting

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Good move Haiko, i recommended banning them back when Perry was copying ABW posts and pasting them into his forum.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

On a side note...

Although I can't seem to remember where I saw it, wasn't there a recent court decision that basically said a forum host/operator could not be held legally resposibly for posts to that forum?

I know I saw that somewhere.

Erik

There are instances where the owner can be liable.

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Somebody posted something at webmasterworld about this, can't find the link but i think it went something like this:

Forum owners are not liable if someone posts something libelous in your forum. They aren't liable if someone posts material that infringes on copyright.

But if a forum owner is notified that something is libel, infringes on a copyright, and you don't take it down, then you could become liable.

Maybe this was it:
    http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,59424,00.html

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on December 02, 2003 at 04:31 PM.]

Yep, That was it.

Erik

==============================
    The AllPiercings.com Affiliate Program: 20% LIFETIME Commissions, 5% 2nd Tier Commissions, Affiliate Store Builder, Raw Datafeeds, and Advanced Tools.
    http://www.Allpiercings.com

Be mindful of one thing, what one circuit does is not per se followed in all other circuits.

Our legal system you can be sued if if your not the guilty party, Haiko can be named in a suit and then have to hire a lawyer to get him out of the case.

ABW Ambassador
    True, but usually someones who feels they've been libeled somehow on a board would just ask the forum owner to remove the post or thread. They have to hire lawyers too costing them money, and usually they won't win a suit against a message board owner because of someone elses post. They might go after the poster instead.

"But if a forum owner is notified that something is libel, infringes on a copyright, and you don't take it down, then you could become liable."

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

YES, STOP DELETING POSTS.

I don't know about this case, or somebody using different aliases or breaking any rules of ABW. Those posts should be deleted and members must be banned, but according to a set of rules.

But, some legitimate posts, including mine, were deleted from the thread "How do you make money?" http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4926074405

Nothing to do with Perry guy. It was an argument about quality of affiliate pages. No profanity was used. And no ABW rules were broken.

Mods & Haiko didn't like it and the posts were just deleted. That was just ugly and unnecessary.

Sam,

The postings in that thread were hijacked by an attack by another newbie, instead allowing postings uke: in a motivational and positive thread, I decided to delete the malarkey.

Intelligent posts in that thread will remain.

</font></p>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast