Question Suddenly No Sales?
    I've joined a merchant last week and have been averaging 17%-20% conversions everyday. However, today sales have suddenly dropped to 0 even though I've increased traffic to the merchant.

I'm going to do a test purchase to see if it gets tracked.

Has this ever happened to anybody here? This seems to be a reputable merchant.

this happened to me on this sunday and monday.
    in my 5 years as an affiliate this happened 7-8 times, I called them BLACK DAYS )
    tons of traffic and no sales when yesterday you had like 15 sales with the same traffic.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

Could it be a reporting delay? Delays are not uncommon on CJ or LinkShare, maybe more rare on ShareASale?

In my view, it's way too soon to tell.. you really have to be earning steady sales for weeks/months to see an established pattern.

Google rankings can impact sales quickly - when I move on/off the first page, the impact is immediately felt. If you're a new site, you may have received an initial bump from google.

You say you have increased traffic to the merchant, are you certain it's the same quality..? I know there are PPC experts out there, but it wasn't a strategy I could ever figure out - threw away a lot of money in the beginning for traffic that hardly converted.

Overall I think it's too soon for you to be concerned - there is a lot of online shopping going on right now, lots of activity everywhere.

Either the quality of your traffic has changed somehow or you are experiencing a very massive fluctuation - it happens.

Or people have tapered off purchases of the kind of items your sites are showcasing. There is an ebb and flow even in the days just before and after Christmas. If you have checked all the technical aspects and find no trouble, here is hoping sales pick up post Christmas as people spend some of the money and gift cards they were given as presents.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

A drop to no sales -- that is to say, "zero" -- is pretty extreme and if it continues for more than a few days, you'd want to check all the variables.

But a drop OFF in sales may very well be a result of the worst economic conditions in at least 30 years (and perhaps the worst in 80 years). It's impossible to even briefly glance at any news report and not get the sense that things are very bad. That being the case, there's no reason for us to believe that many (if not most) of us will feel the impact, just like bricks & mortar businesses in the real world.

This goes to the reason why I'd like to see some sort of data reporting by SAS as to the overall sales trend from month to month across the entire network -- percentage up or down in sales & commissions, averaged out over ALL merchants & affiliates.

If the admin folks do not want to devulge actual dollar amounts, then fine -- I can understand that. But it would be very useful to many of us to know the general trend from month to month throughout the year, and I have to think that data is already at hand. If so, then it's just a matter of making it available to the rest of us, so we can compare our own sales trajectory to the overall experience. To me and perhaps to many others, the added perspective would be very valuable information, especially if easily accessed via our SAS control panel.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread