ABW Ambassador
    I've started a thread on this subject in the sportsfanfare forum but since it is private and I'm unsure as to what level that impacts view I fugured I'd start one here for general discussion.

Is it ironic for merchants who support a "no forced click rule" from an affiliate web site or a search engine page to support ppc that directly links to the merchants site and unconditionally overwrites cookies?

First - I agree it's totally up to the merchant as their policies and that includes if forced clicks can overwrite cookies, if parasites are allowed to overwrite cookies or if direct linking via ppc is allowed to overwrite cookies.

It is also my right as an affiliate to choose who I provide marketing for and determine my ability as to how much marketing I should provide them when my results can be undermined so easily.

I personally feel that ppc ad's that do direct linking to a merchants site are as damaging as a parasite or a an affiliate who causes a forced clicked to the merchant site.

Am I the only one who feels this way. Even if don't have ppc - I still pay to market a merchant via time and energies invested in developing strategies, time and efforts in building sites and paying for hosting and advertising fees for my site. Should someone who pays ppc be allowed to so easily undermine my efforts and it be deemed "acceptable" any more so than a parasite or a forced click?

I question this so called "accepted standard" and not only find it ironic but unacceptable as well.

What do you think?

===================================
    Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.

ABW Ambassador
    It appears as though I double posted with Akiva who I was discussing this topic with.

If you're interested, please cast a vote and reposnd in his poll

Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread