Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How Do You Get Accepted by EPN
    I have tried twice to get accepted by EPN and both times they rejected me. The first time they took about 3 weeks to reply to say they could not accept my application, and the second time just a few days. However, they never said why they could not accept my application.

I initially bought a turnkey website off Ebay that featured Ebay auctions, but in order to be able to get commissions of course I had to apply to their program. The other affiliates I applied to all accepted me right away, but not Ebay. So I removed their auctions from the website and went on with the other affiliates. Due to the intense competition to get commissions by other people doing the same thing I tried, I still have not received commission from any of the other affiliates due to no sales of their products.

Is there an alternative to EPN whereby I can upload the auctions to a website similar to Ebay auctions? I also applied to Pepperjam and never heard back from them one way or the other as to whether they accepted me or not. One thing I don't understand about EPN is this: If you apply with an Email and get rejected, then try and reapply with that Email they tell you that Email is already registered, therefore you can't apply with that Email again.

Again, does anyone know of any other sites where affiliates are allowed to upload other people's auctions to their website in hopes of attaining affiliate commissions? I don't want to have to create a new Email to apply again to EPN, just to get turned down again.

Wow, I can't believe this post has had at least 41 viewers and no one is willing or able to reply. Why are people so unwilling to help these days? Well, I will find the help I need but don't think it will be here. Goodbye and good luck to you all.

Why are people so unwilling to help these days?
    Most likely because no one knows the answer.

FYI, This is the best affiliate forum out there, adjust the attitude a little and stick around.

Well perhaps I will stick around a while, and sorry for the attitude as I don't mean to be rude. I do appreciate your response in at least saying perhaps people don't know the answer, I don't either. I did email EPN today and telling that I had been rejected twice and was never given a reason as to why. I hope they will respond within a reasonable amount of time.

I'm like everyone else here who is trying to make money with a website, and I'm just looking for answers. Perhaps someday I can help someone else here.

How about posting your website in the site review forum here so we can take a look. Otherwise, with nothing to really go on, you probably won't get much of an answer.

X

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Not enough info. Good luck to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyrose333
    Wow, I can't believe this post has had at least 41 viewers and no one is willing or able to reply. Why are people so unwilling to help these days? Well, I will find the help I need but don't think it will be here. Goodbye and good luck to you all.

It's very easy to get accepted, even nowadays.

First you need a site with content, original content. This is probably the hardest thing to do, but it's what ebay is looking for really. I would find a good niche and setup a wordpress site, and get some articles on it (write them yourself or hire someone).

Make the site look nice. Don't just install the basic look or defaults.

Add Contact Us & Privacy pages to the site. These are really required by the TOS of EPN but most rarely think about it.

If you are using some script like BANS, don't. Unless you are willing to spend lots of time making it NOT to look like a default BANS install. Best to do the word press route first, and then install BANS later.

Here is the question that a lot of people have told others to think about, and it's very true:

If you took away all the auction links and auction stuff what is left?

If you answer nothing, then your site is a thin affiliate site and EPN is no longer allowing them.

The key is to build a showcase site that will get accepted and then worry about ebay feeds, auction listings and the rest. Give the visitors something else besides just the auction listings.

I have followed these rules and just last week opened another EPN account (with US/UK approved) in about 24 hours. I needed a different account for a different business we were setting up. It works.

It's very easy to get accepted, even nowadays.
    No it's not easy to get accepted into ePN. In fact it's so difficult, I'm thinking about accepting sub-publishers first of the year. I put out some feelers and they're lining up. Have to tweak some programming and get my ducks in a row with ePN first though.

I have the same dilemma

ppl have been taking the mickey with the ebay aff programs which is now making it tough on everyone who is trying to get on.

I think I am going to have to put off all my ebay plans for a while and show them a site so good they have to accept it.

Contacting them by phone can help.

I found this info googling around:

Prior to EPN, the eBay affiliate program was hosted by Commission Junction. At that time, acceptance in to the program was pretty much automatic, provided that you had an existing website. Of late, it seems as though it has become tougher and tougher to get accepted into the program. I was not even aware of the problems until recently when a friend of mine applied to the EPN program. After waiting 3 weeks for a response, it turns out that his site was declined. I feel bad for him, as he spent quite a bit of time learning BANS, setting up his website and adding some content to it - and I was the one that talked him into buying BANS in the first place.

From researching the BANS forums and reading messages from people that have been accepted, it sounds as though eBay is looking for quality, content-rich sites before they will consider accepting you into their program. This has pretty much been confirmed by the following forum post by an eBay employee:

"If you are interested in applying, there are a few tips you should keep in mind. Please make sure you fill out the description as completely as possible, and make sure it is descriptive. Fill out the URLs that you plan to send us traffic from and make sure they are valid website addresses that will yield interested buyers. As an extreme example, an affiliate that helps potential buyers find and research sporting goods and then points them to great deals on eBay is going to get higher consideration than an affiliate that wants to put our banners on a ringtone site with limited targeted content and limited relevance to eBay. If your URLs aren’t ready or you don’t know the URLs, you may want to wait until your websites are ready or you have more information before re-applying."

And also this post from the EPN blog:

Lastly, as we have set high standards for the program, we are also taking this into account as we screen new registrations.* We are committed to growing the number of quality affiliates in the program, and we want to make sure our newest partners can meet those expectations.* As a result going forward we are paying close attention to all aspects of applications – especially the descriptions of affiliates’ business models and URLs that affiliates are planning on sending traffic from.* If you are interested in applying, please keep this in mind as you fill out your application.

If I were new to the game, knowing what I now know, I would start my site as a WordPress blog and spend several weeks adding content and driving traffic to my site. I would maybe start off the affiliate process by adding links from cj.com, amazon, and google adsense, just to earn some revenue while I was waiting to apply to EPN. Only when I had a quality site up and running, would I then apply to EPN. Hopefully in the coming day and weeks, I can explain more on how to setup a blog and add useful content to it (I am still learning myself as I go...)

I applaud eBay for their stance. I hope this is a growing trend among merchants as eventually the reputation of affiliate marketing will improve for those serious publishers who've built a business around it.

X

It's extremely easy to get accepted if you follow the simple rules. They want QUALITY sites, and not thin affiliate sites. Follow the guidelines I listed above and you should have no problems get accepted. As I just said I did it last week with no problems and on the first try, and have helped at least 3 people this month alone do it. Not a problem.

The TRUE problem EPN was having in taking so long to get affiliates reviewed was lack of manpower (people power if you will) and that apparently has been resolved.

Also talked to Mandy that helps the PJN program. They are working on applications again and trying to get caught up so expect to see some people getting accepted through PJN here soon and on a regular basis.

If apply to the Ebay program through PJN and are waiting for approval contact Mandy directly via e-mail and you should get the top of the list. Her e-mail is mfoley@pepperjam.com .

It's extremely easy to get accepted if you follow the simple rules.
    I'll say this as delicately as I can. You're wrong. I've talked to dozens in recent months with great sites that have either been rejected or get no response at all. I have been on a campaign to see if I could warrant going the sub-publisher route as good sites are being rejected on a regular basis with no explanation. I have been in contact with a lot of webmasters.

It is difficult at best to get in right now. If you don't believe it, just search here and the eBay boards. It's quite obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    I'll say this as delicately as I can. You're wrong. I've talked to dozens in recent months with great sites that have either been rejected or get no response at all. I have been on a campaign to see if I could warrant going the sub-publisher route as good sites are being rejected on a regular basis with no explanation. I have been in contact with a lot of webmasters.

It is difficult at best to get in right now. If you don't believe it, just search here and the eBay boards. It's quite obvious.
    Actually, you are wrong. EPN has added some staff and has been catching up on their applications. I just stated that last week I was approved in TWO days. That proves people are getting quick responses. Yes, people are getting quick rejections too.

Good sites? I would question your good sites. I have seen the formula we are working with and it works great and gets approvals nearly 100% of the time on the first try.

It's very simple that EPN doesn't want thin affiliate sites anymore. Yes, they will still reject even heavy content sites if that content is not within their guidelines.

You mention months. This isn't months ago. This is now, and in the past two weeks. I have seen more and more approvals, and of course lots of people complaining that their default out-of-the-box BANS site was rejected.

So don't listen to the naysayers. It's not hard to get accepted if you build a good quality content site and follow the simple rules. You should get approved within 2-5 days normally.

Also don't listen to months old gibberish spewed by others or read on google. Months old information and status is just that... OLD. Things change and the response time is much better now and people are easily getting approved. It's not instant, but reasonable.

Everbody's an expert. More falsehoods. Oh well.

People, in the US for the US program, are getting immediate rejections still... as of yesterday. Must be all that new staff. LOL.

And by all means only trust the new spew, it must be more accurate than the old spew... because it's newer right?

LOL, you question my good sites.

I just stated that last week I was approved in TWO days. That proves people are getting quick responses.
    I sure am glad you're not a scientist looking for a cancer cure or something. It only proves YOU got a quick response. Absolutely nothing more.
    Last edited by bobby131313; December 14th, 2008 at 04:18 AM.

Incorrect. I also stated I know 3-4 others this month alone that have gotten approvals (and fast). It is not an isolated incident.

Yes, people are getting quick rejections as well I stated that also. It happens when you apply with sites that do not meet the basic guidelines.

Yes, people are getting quick rejections as well I stated that also. It happens when you apply with sites that do not meet the basic guidelines.
    They don't review sites in 30 seconds.

Who said they did?

Well since some are getting rejections in 30 seconds..... you.

Where did I say exactly 30 seconds?

I for the life of me can't see where I posted that. I said "quick" rejections, but I never said 30 seconds or even minutes. The entire application process still takes about 2-3 days, whether you are rejected or approved. Usually though rejections come quicker than approvals since I guess there is more to setup for an approval.

You're saying that sites are being reviewed. I'm telling you that with some getting rejection emails 30 seconds after application submissions they are not. Sorry, I didn't think I had to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    You're saying that sites are being reviewed. I'm telling you that with some getting rejection emails 30 seconds after application submissions they are not. Sorry, I didn't think I had to explain it.
    Those rejections sound like it has to do with the information submitted in the application and not the website itself. Either by country issue, address verification, phone, etc. Or perhaps the type of business structure, means of advertising and description.

One the most important parts of the EPN application itself is the description field for the website you are apply with. You really need to explain, in less than a small sentence, how your site will use EPN and less about the site itself.

Example:

"Our parenting website will use baby items and listings from ebay"

I misunderstood the 30 seconds, but I fully think that is an automatic filter in place that goes through the basics. I seriously doubt a human could review the applications that quickly.

I know how exactly how it works and how it needs to be filled out, you're not the only expert. Believe what you want and the people here can believe what they want.

I seriously doubt a human could review the applications that quickly.
    LOL, no kidding. That's what I've been trying to tell you. It's not easy to get in.

And I have the opposite opinion on the matter. While it was hard to get in for awhile we have now figured out what basics they want and it's pretty easy once you follow those basics. Perhaps I should write a guide after doing some testing?

Quote Originally Posted by tbkdkc
    well i could give you some pointers to get approved or you can get a fresh account off me, for a fee of course, just shoot me a PM. all the best
    Nobody needs to be charged to get approved by EPN. In addition you don't have PM privileges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast