ABW Ambassador
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/xscan.php

Just scans for spyware, just ran it and i'm clean

Others
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/
    http://www.pestpatrol.com

Are these better/different than stuff like sypbot, adaware and aluria since they don't delete cookies, i think they just scan, don't know if they remove too. I'm looking for something to recommend in my newsletter that won't touch the cookies.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 16, 2003 at 02:56 AM.]

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Careful with these - im not saying they are bad at all - i don't know anything specifically about any of them... just remembering the terrible week i had when purityscan.com added a fineclicks link to a popup program that automatically loaded when purityscan.com was run...

from the outside, purityscan looks like a good thing just like the above listed - but on the inside it was a pest itself...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    From what i checked they looked good. Doxdesk i know is good, spywareinfo looks good from going through there site. Pest Patrol not sure of, i remember some complaints about them awhile back on this board. I'm looking for something to send to my newsletter subscribers to get their computer clean. While surfing around just now i saw this on a non-affiliate site:

"Every week I receive emails from visitors who've ended up with parasites on their PCs.
    Follow this link for hints and tips for dealing with this ever growing problem."

Gotta get webmasters (affiliate and non-affiliate) to starting posting stuff like this. Some kind of movement to get peoples computers clean. I don't count on the networks doing anything, i know better than that. In the past i thought educating the merchant was teh way to go, now i'm thinking educating the average person (our site visitors) is the way to go.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on September 16, 2003 at 03:31 AM.]

founded 2 spyware
    cydoor and gator... but i just blocked their internet access before with norton personal firewall... norton asked me that gator wannna access to internet... i said no... (same for cydoor) hmm my computer seems like a jail

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

Whow TrustNo1®

the http://www.spywareinfo.com/xscan.php is powerful. Love it...

Booger tried to delete my pop up stopper. Other than that I love it!

ABW Ambassador
    If caught whenu on my machine (which I knew about) and it caught remnants of some crap that got on the Mrs machine when she let a kid play on it last week.

I thought I had gotten all of it but I guess not.

I've run adaware and spybot and neither identified what was found or even the crap when it was fully installed and giving the Mrs fits.

Pretty slick!

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I just ran PestPatrol and they flagged my ClubMom affiliate return day cookies as "spyware cookies," alongwith saying the same about the network cookies.

In my opinion, these guys and their ignorance are dangerous to affiliate marketing.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread