15 years and counting
    eLuxury cutting their cost at our expense
    Are'nt they ashamed to write something like that!
    "We are always evaluating our program here at eLUXURY.com, and like everyone, are looking for ways to cut our costs while still rewarding our valued partners for all of your hard work. We will be lowering our return days to 0. Offering lower return days will allow us more room for private offers and affiliate incentives. Because you have been a great partner in the eLUXURY.com Program in the past, we are rewarding you with you a Private Offer. This Private Offer will extend your current commission level at 0 return days and is only being extended to a select group of affiliates. "
    I'm so glad I did good for these idiots these last few years. I decided to drop them after seeing them working with OneCause.
    I understand eLuxury can't pay OneCause and the affiliates really promoting their brand. I'm sure OneCause don't mind the 0 return day. Why do we have to make sales on cookies if OneCause can steal instantly the sale? We're too demanding.

"Another one bites the dust." Such a shame.

I just saw a new program (this morning in the announcements forum) for an auto parts merchant - that could be a great fit for a "car" domain I am developing. But I can't (won't) use them because they are in OneCause and Upromise. Another "such a shame" situation.

I am feeling more and more like the few merchants I have in LS and CJ are no longer worth my time. There are plenty of "safe" merchants with whom to work in SAS, AvantLink and buyat. This might be a good time to "streamline" my efforts. I can make it my "New Years Resolution."
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

15 years and counting
    CJ and LinkShare are moving more and more from "Affiliate Networks" to "Loyalty networks"
    These two activities are not compatible.

They just made dropping them a very easy decision.

AMF

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

15 years and counting
    When you know how critical are return days for luxury items, this is outrageous. Only Loyalty sites using a reminder could be able to convince eLuxury that buying a Louis Vuitton handbag at over $2,000.00 is an impulse buy. I wonder who is advising these merchants. Are they listening to their LinkShare product manager?

Someone needs to send an email to eLuxury with a link to this thread.. I'm quite sure NOONE at Linkshare will tell them this dirty little secret..

15 years and counting
    Bernard Arnault the owner of eLuxury (and part of LVMH) is the 14th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of $26 billion US dollars. He did invest a lot in Miami around 1980 (We were neighbor at that time) and I met him a few times in Manhattan (He lived for a while in New Rochelle, New York) I'll like to see him again to talk about eLuxury.

I run a quality content site that converts really well for luxury merchants .. all EXCEPT eLUXURY.

I tried to raise it with them a number of times, but got nowhere. Since they participate in parasiteware, this move won't impact my bottom line. I'm too busy doing well promoting their competitors.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Bernard Arnault the owner of eLuxury (and part of LVMH) is the 14th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of $26 billion US dollars. He did invest a lot in Miami around 1980 (We were neighbor at that time) and I met him a few times in Manhattan (He lived for a while in New Rochelle, New York) I'll like to see him again to talk about eLuxury.
    Yeah, reducing those return days is going to add so much to his $26 billion

Wow, what a shame. Yes, they should be ashamed of this email, telling some affiliates they will pay them less to pay someone else more.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I'm so glad I did good for these idiots these last few years. I decided to drop them after seeing them working with OneCause.
    Based on this I would drop them if I was with them. The trouble is that 6 months from now I won't remember this thread and could be a dummy and sign up. We need a good index of toolbar buddies.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    Based on this I would drop them if I was with them. The trouble is that 6 months from now I won't remember this thread and could be a dummy and sign up. We need a good index of toolbar buddies.
    I have a do not promote list file saved on my computer. I'm starting to write down the reasons why because there are some merchants that I don't remember why I put them there- but they are staying nonetheless.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread