Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Christmas Spirit" Photo Contest -- Post Pictures Here -- $200.9+ in Prizes

"Christmas Spirit" Photo Contest -- Post Pictures Here -- $200.9+ in Prizes
    This past weekend when we were buying the Christmas tree and all kinds of lights, decorating the tree, and decorating our house for Christmas, I once again experienced this incredible feeling of a grand holiday approaching, and my family being united in a joyous and oh-so-specially-binding exercise of putting up Christmas decorations, garlands, stockings, lights... I felt what we often call "the spirit of Christmas", and, sure enough, a day later, I conceived the idea of this contest.

"Christmas Spirit" Photo Contest

Task:

Post a Christmas picture (or several) to have it entered into a poll that will be held between 26 and 31 December to decide the winners. It may be a picture of your decorated front yard, your Christmas tree, your pet wearing a Christmas costume ...anything that has "the spirit of Christmas" beaming through it. Deadline: Entries accepted until 11:59 pm PST of 12/25/08.

Prizes:

1st place - Parisian Dinner For Two (value $69.98 incl shipping; sponsored by the GourmetStation.com's affiliate program) + a 2009 wall calendar with pictures of magnificent St. Petersburg, Russia + a commission bump* to the highest possible level with all of the programs that I manage.

2nd place - Diamond Support Standard Size Pillow (retail cost $49.99; sponsored by the DownPillows.com's affiliate program) + Personalized Photo Calendar Kit (retail cost $19.95; sponsored by the Happy Kids Personalized affiliate program)

3rd place - $20 cash prize (sponsored by the Funetics Early Reading affiliate program) + Personalized Photo Calendar Kit (retail cost $19.95; sponsored by the Happy Kids Personalized affiliate program)

Let the "Christmas Spirit" contest begin!!

Geno

Last edited by Geno Prussakov; December 16th, 2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: HappyKidsPersonalized sponsorship added

COOL! bookmarked and camera ready

Here's a picture of my girls last week after we decorated Gingerbread trains. Normally we do Gingerbread houses but they wanted to try to do something different this year. We sat and listed to Christmas music and decorated the trains as a family to kick of the season.

--Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Thank you for being the first one to post a picture (and such a beautiful one too), Tricia. Check your PM for a bonus gift (I need your address, please).

Geno

well it looks like helpingmoms has started this off in a family friendly direction, with a very nice picture of lovely young ladies and their fine edible Christmas craft project.

unfortunately superCool was trending a bit more adult…thinking of submitting a picture of one of his many lady friends in a naughty Santa's helper outfit. superCool thinks that would be in poor taste, but he’ll sleep upside down in his inversion boots tonight - hunting for an inspirational dream that will bring home the Christmas bacon.

thank you for offering this contest Geno. superCool looks forward to many super photos to warm to cockles.

your friend, superCool

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Tricia, your girls are adorable!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Not the best quality (in a hurry), but here are the two pictures that I have now:

I am not participating in the contest. Just posting them to bump this thread.

Geno

Well, I realize I'm not eligible for the contest, but Tricia's photo really did put me in the holiday spirit, so I thought I'd post this photo. It's the one we're using on our holiday (e-)card this year with the caption "Here's hoping your holidays are filled with lots of hidden treasures!"

Geno, thanks for coming up with this idea! It's fun! Can't wait to see everyone's holiday pix...

I just can't resist...I love Christmas.

(sorry they are blurry, they are from my phone)

My Christmas Tree -
    My pride and joy is my Waterford Crystal Ornament Collection. My mom gets me a new one every year. This will be the 13th year. Since they are clear and this is a bad pic you can't really see them.

A little Rock Chalk Jayhawk Christmas Cheer - I have this one and a new one this year to celebrate the Basketball National Championship.

Sheri
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about...

...Bill's Toys Under the Tree

Well, they didn't quite fit UNDER the tree.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The tree we chose on our Christmas tree cutting excursion had a resident spider. This web is no larger than two inches across with the needles being only about an inch long.

X

This is my brother's second grandaughter, Rachel, decorated for Christmas

This was my favorite doggy, Tricky, he's no longer with us, but he loved to pose for the camera, a little ham.

Claudia, Sheri, Bill, Ed, 2busy, thank you so much for posting your pictures!!

I can't help but add two more from our today's trip to Richmond (to SantaLand that open at the Children's Museum there now):

As said before, I am not participating in the contest, but am certainly participating in creating the Christmas spirit!

Geno

PS: The bear to the right of Anastasia was called Boris, while the one that can't be seen in the picture (to the left of my daughter) was Natasha. And I am not making this up!

Along with the Christmas spirit: I'm wondering if Anastasia has seen The Nutcracker Ballet yet or has at least heard some of the music?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    ...I'm wondering if Anastasia has seen The Nutcracker Ballet yet or has at least heard some of the music?
    She has never been to the actual ballet, but did hear pieces of the music, and knows the story. It's funny you should ask, as the Moscow Ballet is coming to the U.S. with their 16th annual tour in just a week, and they are going to be performing "The Nutcracker" at the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore, MD. We are seriously contemplating going!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    ... the Moscow Ballet is coming to the U.S. with their 16th annual tour in just a week, and they are going to be performing "The Nutcracker" at the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore, MD. We are seriously contemplating going!
    Geno
    I encourage you and your wife and daughter to go as a family. The first time experiencing "The Nutcracker" is a very magical experience; I think your daughter would be old enough to enjoy it -- it's a wonderful show.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    She has never been to the actual ballet, but did hear pieces of the music, and knows the story. It's funny you should ask, as the Moscow Ballet is coming to the U.S. with their 16th annual tour in just a week, and they are going to be performing "The Nutcracker" at the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore, MD. We are seriously contemplating going!

Geno
    Our niece's two daughters (6th and 3rd graders) will be among a group of ballet students performing with them on Sunday, December 20th. One of those "small world" things. It should be an interesting performance.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

@ Rhia: We'll do our best. It's kind of a long drive up to Baltimore, and we may end up going to a similar one closer to us (in DC)

@ Bill: WOW!! Anastasia is performing with her pre-ballet class at the Candlelight Tour in Fredericksburg, VA tomorrow. It's gonna be fun!

G.

ABW Ambassador
    We just put our Christmas tree up, here is a picture of it. It is a lot bigger than we neeed

That's a huge tree, Julian!!

Thank you for entering the contest too!

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah it is a huge tree. That is a rottweiler laying next to the tree, so you can see the relative size. We didn't realize it was that big when we picked it out.

It is a 7 foot tree, way too big for our living room. We love it though

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    We're in the east through the holidays staying with my folks (near Ithaca, NY), and yesterday we went out to my parent's secret spot to get the tree. Here are a few photos of the adventure, that my wife posted on her blog:

(Danette pulling Ellie on her sled)

(Ellie through the snowy pines)

(me and my Father hauling the tree out of the woods)

Love those pics Gary, I can smell the pine and hear the quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Love those pics Gary, I can smell the pine and hear the quiet.
    Yes!! Me too! Wonderful pictures, Gary!

Happy Kids Personalized have agreed to contribute 2 personalized photo calendar kits to sponsor the 2nd and the 3rd place prizes, and I have just added these into the first post of the thread. My estimate now shows that we have over 200.9 worth of prizes here!!

Share the joy by posting your pictures today -- win a prize to brighten up your holidays even more!!

Geno

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast