Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Top 50 Movers :
    4) Ebates.com
    21) Schoolpop

and others parasites rule ! make me sick !

top 50 parasites

Smart Work and ... Sell Sell Sell

LinkShare should be ashamed of themselves and embarassed for publishing a list like that! Everyone knows that Ebates, Upromise, etc., all feed off of other publisher's traffic and overwrite their cookies!

To flaunt that fact to others is disgraceful! Shame on LinkShare for allowing theft to go on, and endorsing it by showing others how successful this unethical tactic is.

Someday, the networks are going to have to find another business model when this type of activity is deemed ILLEGAL!

And LinkShare was supposed to have a more strict CoC, huh? BULLSHOOT! They're screwing all of their publishers! LIARS!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Like Amazon, Linkshare has no problem with rubbing the noses of their affililates in the scumware crap they encourage.

The networks will do nothing about this until they are forced to pay affiliates for commissions they instead gave to scumware diversion in violation of operating agreements.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    All the proof recently posted here about ebates still overwriting and linkshare wants to feed us some BS that their addendum is being enforced? Give me a break.

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Until LS puts up a average conversion ratio on their pool of merchants you'll see nothing but wasted hijacked traffic from those major brand LS merchants. My stats show 80% lower earnings across the board for my 83 LS merchants this year from last year. Even OS has gone to pot averaging 1 sale per 300 clicks from showcase links.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My stats show 80% lower earnings across the board for my 83 LS merchants this year from last year.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still believe that even though your link was hijacked, Linkshare merchants still owe you the commission as per the operating agreements. Paying scumlords for your lead doesn't let them off the hook.

We need foolproof documentation and a good lawyer. Merchants and the networks will clean up their act quick enough when they're forced to pay up.

Wayne

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Out of their list are those the only two?

Henry
    Affiliate Manager
    <font face=verdana size=1 >Migizzi Inc d/b/a</font> Pets-Warehouse.com

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>10%/90 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    </font>
    Henry@Pets-Warehouse.com<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>
    >< )))º> 631.789.5400 / Pets-Warehouse.com
    </font>

ABW Ambassador
    #24 on that list - 180 SOLUTIONS IS IN FACT WHENU.
    They had the gall to contact me to work with them.

But we shouldn't be surprised. Everything-is-OK-as-long-as-the-bottom-line-grows thinking is self evident. Linkshare.... good thing I never signed up to be a part of their loser network.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pet Dealer:
    Out of their list are those the only two?

Henry
    Affiliate Manager
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henry, actually there are at least 8 in the list. There could be more and I just don't recognize them.

4) Ebates.com
    11) Exact Advertising
    21) Schoolpop
    22) SchoolCash.com
    24) 180solutions
    25) Upromise
    35) ShopAtHomeSelect.com
    47) Xuppa, Inc.

Here's another one:

38) Couponica Inc.
    http://www.safersite.com/PestInfo/c/couponica.asp

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Great for LS to have a drive-by installer and P2P bundler in the running for Christmas rewards.

Summary: The installer for this program is a Nullsoft archive, which installs the program without any prompt. Opens a web browser window every time the computer starts up, and Couponica.exe runs in the background at all times.
    Category: Adware: Software that brings ads to your computer. Such ads may or may not be targeted, but are "injected" and/or popup, and are not merely displayed within the form of an ad-sponsored application.

Browser Helper Object: ((BHO). A component that Internet Explorer will load whenever it starts, shares IE's memory context, can perform any action on the available windows and modules. A BHO can detect events, create windows to display additional information on a viewed page, monitor messages and actions. Microsoft calls it "a spy we send to infiltrate the browser's land." BHOs are not stopped by personal firewalls, because they are seen by the firewall as your browser itself. Some exploits of this technology search all pages you view in IE and replace banner advertisements with other ads. Some monitor and report on your actions. Some change your home page.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Is Schoolcash using a downloadble parasite now? I could not find anything in their site though.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joey:
    Here's another one:

38) Couponica Inc.
    http://www.safersite.com/PestInfo/c/...></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering how can a PR0 site like Couponica can be in fast 50 movers list.

15 years and counting
    I'm in shock after seing their top 50 list. It's a disgrace for Linkshare. How can they list such thieves?
    Affiliate marketing is not about that. At least I hope. I can't have been wrong all these years.
    Come on Linkshare, dont you have anything else to show us. Do you think we are all crooked?

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    So if I found links on those sites to merchants like
    http://www.schoolcash.com/shoppingCa....aspx?catid=10

1-800-PetMeds (9% Rebate)
    $5 OFF EVERY ORDER!
    Use coupon 7170. Plus, free shipping on orders over $49. 1-800-PetMeds is America’s largest pet pharmacy. We deliver prescription and non-prescription pet medications along with health and nutritional supplements at substantial savings, direct to the consumer.
    *Please note, prescriptions are not eligible for a rebate.

PetSmart (4% Rebate)
    Shop Smart - Shop PETsMART!
    PETsMART.com is your online destination for pet supplies & products, health & behavior information and community interaction.

http://shopathomeselect.com/selecthome.asp

Pets
    PETCO 3% Back
    PETsMART 4% Back

That wouldn't be a good thing right?

Henry
    Affiliate Manager
    <font face=verdana size=1 >Migizzi Inc d/b/a</font> Pets-Warehouse.com

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>10%/90 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    </font>
    Henry@Pets-Warehouse.com<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>
    >< )))º> 631.789.5400 / Pets-Warehouse.com
    </font>

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Of course, if everyone whining here devoted part of their site to convincing surfers to use something OTHER THAN IE/Win, the power of the parasites would slowly dwindle.

How about it?

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

ABW Ambassador
    Henry you don't need to do that.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Lets all send our LS checks back in disgust.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Lets all send our LS checks back in disgust. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I wouldn't advise anyone to send their LinkShare checks back in disgust, but as they're depositing them next time, wonder how much bigger they could have been IF YOU'D BEEN CREDITED FOR ALL SALES YOUR SITES INITIATED.

Could they have been DOUBLE? TRIPLE? That's the kicker...

Andy

Affiliate Network Rep
    Ok, just took a break from watching the Yankee's. Its top of the seventh and we are not looking as good as I would have hoped, but what the heck, we beat the sox and thats all that really matters. Now on to your questions about parasites. The players you have listed, to my understanding, signed our addendum and have been tested. I continue to ask you all to demonstrate to me (a testable case) where they are violating the addendum. In the meantime, there are lots on that list that do not have any component of their business remotely connected to downloads. Those people frankly are hitting their stretch goals while you all sit here and try to find fault with an additional revenue opportunity beyond what you normaly can earn.

There has not been and frankly there is no other network that has taken as storng of a stand against parasites as LinkShare has again and again. In addition, no other network went out of its way to get special cash incentives for you all during this forth quarter as LinkShare did. After reading the above postings you are all acting as if the potential for extra cash is an excuse to pay parasites!.....what can I say but for a group that is as smart as I know you all are you seem to be missing the ball...completely. I for one would like to suggest that you all do what the Yankees did in the seventh game against the sox...stay focused on winning and don't get distracted by the noise. On the winners list are some amazing partners who are doing some great things to hit their goals. I for one look forward to paying them big $$$$$. If you prefer to focus on how you won't make the extra cash then all I can do is wish you well, and send you a sox cap. In the end the Yankees will win and I look forward to watching many of you as well win big on LinkShare. Now I need to get back to my other team and cheer them on in the same way I hope you all know I am cheering you all on.

Earn more in Q4 and have a great weekend!

Steve

ABW Ambassador
    You know you can program software that if the traffic comes via an affiliate link, no pops occur. Why don't the networks do this? So with the COC and annendum they just wait to pop off our traffic on the merchant site. So pretty much the same as last year, just popping at a different place. Networks should have had something in place where affilite traffic does not get messed with at all. Network still gets paid, merchant still gets paid and the affiliate that sent the traffic gets paid.

Andy is right. Lets continue promoting LS and moaning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I continue to ask you all to demonstrate to me (a testable case) where they are violating the addendum. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Have you not seen the thread after thread after thread here at ABW with movies of what's going on? What more do you need? If someone videotapes a rock falling off a cliff and killing someone, it's pretty safe to assume that's what actually happened, even if you weren't actually standing there watching it with your own eyes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> After reading the above postings you are all acting as if the potential for extra cash is an excuse to pay parasites!.....what can I say but for a group that is as smart as I know you all are you seem to be missing the ball...completely. I for one would like to suggest that you all do what the Yankees did in the seventh game against the sox...stay focused on winning and don't get distracted by the noise. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I believe you are the one missing the ball, Steve. That's like saying "I'm sorry you're dying of cancer, but we have this great new face cream that works wonders!"

Apparently you don't get it. We want the parasite problem to go away. We don't want to have to work harder to get what should be ours in the first place! We're not asking for a bonus, we're asking for what we've already earned! Stop giving it to some one else!

I created the page that sold the product.

I put the link on the page.

The page is on my site.

My visitor clicked on the link on my page on my site to buy the product from the merchant I have an agreement with.

I'm supposed to be paid for that sale, not another publisher. That's what the agreement says.

So why in the hell am I being cut out of the deal? And why is your network enabling this?

Andy

Smesser -

I didn't realize George Steinbrenner has written a book on business ethics. If he did I'm sure it would be a bible for the parasites (what with his felony conviction for illegal contributions to Nixon, the "questionable" pardon of that conviction by Ronald Reagan, his tax evasion scheme, his temporary ban from baseball...). In other words, I don't think the Yankees are a great example here.

When you use the term "extra cash" you make it sound like it is some sort of bonus. It is not. It is money that we should all be earning, but it being stolen by parasites. That is not something that should be ignored.

I think a search on these boards for these parasites will show examples of their dishonest and unethical behavior.

ABW Ambassador
    Steve, I have never had a problem with linkshare, but your post is just a mock.

Did you see this thread?
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...1&m=4176058624

Your flip response to proof is maddening, but insightful. This isn't going to get better, it is going to get worse, since you not only allow this theft, but encourage it - we are just starting on the downward slide.

But you suggest we just ignore your blatant FU to affiliates and keep fighting for the scraps left on the table. Yay team!!!

You cannot watch those videos and tell me that topmoxie scumware doesn't steal affiliate money. Oh but it only does it under these circumstances... during this time of the year...

If you had an Uncle Bob, and he stole all your silverware every holiday season when he came to visit, would you be happy when the police showed up and told you - big deal you still have plates? When your mother insisted you still invite him over because he is family? Don't ask us to do the same.

This is just common sense, and common sense is something that magically disapears for the networks.

But I feel bad for you Steve, I really do. I hope I never sink so low in my life that I have to make my living by stealing and then to feel good about myself, be flippant with those who are stolen from.

Chet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast