Blogs
    I happened to click on a google ad on my site and was taken to a blog site . Most of the merchants I have on that page are listed on the blog site.
    So what this means is that you don't have to own a domain site just sign up on a blog,list some merhants and buy some google ads.
    If a visitor comes to my site and clicks on this google ad they have all the same merchants,I lose.
    This business is getting very competitive.

ABW Ambassador
    The user clicked on your google ad on your site. You got the click money. So how do you lose. Wasn't that your intent to make money by placing google ads on your site.

If don't want this, remove the google ads from your site and just have the affiliate links.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    The user clicked on your google ad on your site. You got the click money. So how do you lose. Wasn't that your intent to make money by placing google ads on your site.

If don't want this, remove the google ads from your site and just have the affiliate links.
    That's well said. It's the choice you make if you choose to run Adsense on your affiliate site. There are many threads here regarding Adsense v. straight affiliate links on a site. Opinions are pretty much split between running or not running Adsense.
    Generate more fake news.

You can also filter out which sites you don't want displayed in Adsense. This can help eliminate some of the competition.

Sorry.maybe I didn't explain myself. I click on a google ad on my site and go to the blog. There I click on a merchant site one of which I have too. I watched and the ID number was not mine. I then went to my google account and the impressions and the clicks remained the same,no credit for the click. So as I see it if a customer clicks on the google ad,then a merchant link on the blog which gets the commission for a sale. Should the blog site get charged a click thru to me or do I get this only if someone buys something from the blog site.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Google TOS doesn't allow you to click on your own ads. In fact, they might close down your account for doing so.

I understand this lostdeviant I just did this as test, how do you check this otherwise?
    So if I buy an adsense ad at $1.00 per click and this ad ends up on your site per say.
    A vistor on your site clicks on this ad, do you not get a portion of this?

ABW Ambassador
    Clicking on your own ad is called click fraud, if you do it often Google will ban you. No other ad network is as strict as Google.

Also if you use the same pc/laptop to sign on to your google adsense account, google filters out that pc/laptop for any click reporting. That means you can click on your ad 100 times on your pc, Google will know its you who is clicking on the ads. You won't get paid, plus you may get banned.

sam park. I am totally aware of Google's rules as I have been with them since day 1 and have done ok with them.
    Based on my past reports with them I see a drastic decline in click thru's and I am only trying to source out the decline. I never click on ad's on my site and only came across this error by mistake.

http and a telephoto
    Blogs are websites and many people that are new to the web are using them to create sites that are including affiliate ads.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Why is this in the linkshare forum if it is about Google Adsense?
    I don't understand what the error is. What is the error message? Does the adsense ad not display?

Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    sam park. I am totally aware of Google's rules as I have been with them since day 1 and have done ok with them.
    Based on my past reports with them I see a drastic decline in click thru's and I am only trying to source out the decline. I never click on ad's on my site and only came across this error by mistake.

You are right Loxly,they are a website as such. They pick a niche,add some content and then fill them with adsense ads. They then buy an adsense ad them self and it goes out into the system. I have a section on childrens clothing along with some adsense for children's clothing and hopefully it's to sites that are not available thru networks I belong to. This gives vistors some choices and along with this I could make something. Adense ads change daily so one does not know were his traffic is going. Yes I know there are some that will say that I can take off the adsense ads but they have been a good source of income for me in the past.
    In my opinion Blogs have and are cutting into affilate commissions and there are thousands of blog sites. At any rate this is only my opinion and I could be wrong too.

http and a telephoto
    Blogs are the websites of the future. It just makes it easier for people to get online. I have lots of affiliates building beautiful, lucrative sites with blogs either hosted at blogger or on their own servers. It is part of the future of the web. People like buying what other people refer them to. It isn't all about making a blog and using adwords to drive traffic, it is just another way to make a site.

I encourage my affiliates to use wordpress and other blog software to make dynamic and interesting sites that visitors come back too. Arbitrage folks don't just use blogs, they use whatever they can to build sites, whatever they are familiar with.

You are indeed correct that this business is becoming more competitive. It will never get *less* competitive. In this economy more people are out of work and will be looking at how to make money, online *and* off.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I once put AdSense on my site as a short-term test - all it did was cost me time as I had to continuously block these competitor sites.

In my experience, it pays better to get the sale than earn a few pennies from AdSense. You're right that you have lost the visitor, and any potential commission.

Two cents worth only..

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread