Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    If you were suddenly getting a whole ton of money and you wanted to improve your affiliate marketing, what would you do?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    That's really too broad of a question. It all depends on where you want to be at set periods of time and where you are now among a variety of other things.

ABW Ambassador
    What do you consider to be a 'whole ton of money'?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Advertising, Adwords and Ink submissions. I consider both an investment since i get more than i put in.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Advertising, Adwords and Ink submissions. I consider both an investment since i get more than i put in.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much do you tend to spend? As a percentage of what you earn?

ABW Ambassador
    I'd hire some people to build pages 24 hours a day and then invest in Trusted Feeds.

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    SSanf,

OK, I'll bite and answer as if I were an affiliate, even though I don't know how much money we are talking about. I would buy everything I needed to help me do my job better, faster and easier. All these things would be tax write-offs too. If you are expecting a windfall, you may need one.

Get new faster computer if you need one, a laptop to work on the deck or beach, all the new software you have always wanted. Plus if you really have money to spare and have sites that need upgrading, hire a pro designer to give them all a face lift. Then hire someone to help you make more pages with all your re-designed sites. Then build a bunch more new affiliate sites with all your new faster computer gear. Maybe do some PPC ads too.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    I used to spend $300 a month but have increased that to $1000 a month. I try ads out for a month and drop the ones that don't make a profit, stick with the ones that do and move on trying to find some other money making ads. Also my accountant recommended i spend more on advertising, a nice tax write off. Plus the benefit of getting people to my site, they might see something they like and come back, so long term can be very profitable. As far as Ink submissions, i have stepped that up in anticipation of the upcoming switch, i think i have submitted about 30 of my higher producing pages in the last 2-3 months, maybe a few more, will wait and see about the switch. Luckily one of my sites is basically all MSN, all pages in free, so the switch will be great for that site.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    A "whole ton of money" is awfully vague! But here's some ideas...

If a whole ton = $1k windfall, then I'd probably spend it on various forms of advertising.

If a whole ton = $10k windfall, then I would probably hire someone to make me a really kick-*ss database site that'd update itself and include all the bells and whistles I've been thinking up. (As opposed to having to learn how to write the code myself and then do the writing.) And increase advertising. Not PPC either...

If a whole ton = $100k windfall, I would DEFINITELY hire the above done, and definitely could pay for ALL the bells & whistles I've been thinking up. And increase advertising. A lot. Major branding campaign: MySite = Shopping!

If a whole ton = $10 Million I am outta here. That would be plenty enough to retire on, but not enough to buy CJ and Google, so it'd be a nice early retirement to a mansion in Hawaii for me!

If a whole ton = REALLY a whole ton. As in, many many millions, I'd buy CJ and Google. Both! I've always wanted CJ and I'm sure ValueClick would bring themselves to part with it for a sweet enough figure. As for Google, I'd just snap up all the shares (or 51%. Just as long as I got the undisputably controlling interest) when they did their IPO. My sites would then go into a special "algo-proof" category at the top.

Then if all that got dull I'd retire to a really, really huge mansion in Hawaii.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

All extra money is carefully placed in the Karl Smith Retirement Fund, and its subcategories - the Catie Goes To College Fund and the Noah Goes To College Fund.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

ABW Ambassador
    A whole ton of money would have been $100 for me only 12 months ago.
    December 1st 2002 I earned $100 for the day, and I thought that was a whole ton of money. I only earned $700 for the whole month, but even that was a whole ton of money for me back then.

Now, what do I consider to be a whole ton of money? I don't know.

When you start earning a lot more than you have ever done before, then your idea of a lot of money changes.

I'd buy another Parrot.......so I could go deaf in stereo !!!.....wolf whistling menace !!....the bird.....not me !

Malc, if you want to find something in Surrey...

I guess I would like a pro designer and to use data feeds. Problem is that I get really high rankings with my funky old designs and I am afraid to touch them.

I DO need some help, though. But how the heck can I explain to someone what I want done?

I have thought about INK ads but I understand once you pay them, good bye free listings and my free listings aren't all THAT bad. So, I am afraid to use INK.

Has anyone tried print ads? Get results? I have thought about the tabloids.

I guess, I need wordtracker though I haven't a clue what ti does. And, I do need to learn to use webmerge or something like that.

Well, I am getting a whole bunch of money but I want other stuff, too; clothes, furniture, bigger apartment. (No house please! I don't like mowing grass or shoveling snow and don't want to pay for it either! I want a landlord who caters to my every whim.)

Really need to think about all this.

edited to remove amount. I don't need to be telling all that.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 03, 2003 at 03:28 PM.]

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 03, 2003 at 03:31 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> guess I would like a pro designer and to use data feeds. Problem is that I get really high rankings with my funky old designs and I am afraid to touch them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's easy to get by--buy another domain and put the pro design on that one!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

I would hire people to write descriptions for the products that come with the datafeeds I recieve to make my content more unique.

Who are these pros and how do you know who to trust?

Everybody and their brother sells web site design.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Karl wrote: All extra money is carefully placed in the Karl Smith Retirement Fund, and its subcategories - the Catie Goes To College Fund and the Noah Goes To College Fund. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Ummm...I think you forgot something! What about the "Catie Wants a Mercedes Convertible" and "Noah Wants a Porsche" funds???

Andy

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Alex Bet does great work and he's an ABWebber you can trust. I was going to hire him to redo my site, but there were potential programming issues with my host, so went with someone else. He would be my 1st choice though.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Whole lot of money....uuuummmmhh! Buy a real designers effort to gut Ecomcity and buildout the ultimate savvy shopper site. Then bribe Britney Spears to get Ecomcity.com tattoed above her belly button.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Andy:

My kids will get the same response I got when I got my license ...

"You're never driving one of my cars and I'm sure as H*** not going to buy one for you. And when you get a license, I'm sure as H*** not going to pay for your insurance."

Good, early lesson in fiscal responsibility.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Well, here is something I didn't know about before.
    Understanding Trusted Feeds - Facts and Fiction!

I guess they would only make a profit with high ticket items. I am not sure what all that would cost per click.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    Andy:

My kids will get the same response I got when I got my license ...

"You're never driving one of my cars and I'm sure as H*** not going to buy one for you. And when you get a license, I'm sure as H*** not going to pay for your insurance."

Good, early lesson in fiscal responsibility.

Karl Smith

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw, it corrupted your brains so you forgot that j*bs suck!

Give your kids that taste of total freedom, no job, no school, no worries--it'll drive them to the great heights of affiliate marketing! Like an irresistable magnet, Life will call...come out, come out of your cubicles, come out from behind your counters...be self-employed and LIVE!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Who are these pros and how do you know who to trust?

Everybody and their brother sells web site design.~Ssanf<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure how to be sure you can trust one. But I'd look for references--and a good site design on the site that's selling the service! And just like with merchants, check various boards and see if anybody's dissing the prospective designer. There's not much talk about designers at ABW so it may take lurking on some more general webmaster boards to get that last piece of info.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Not sure how to be sure you can trust one. But I'd look for references--and a good site design on the site that's selling the service!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am amazed at how many people that are claiming to be web designers, and are actually going to charge a fee for web design, actually have terrible sites themselves.

I am not a web designer, and would never claim to be one, I would certainly not charge anyone for designing a site. I have trouble designing my own sites. However, my attempts at site design work for affiliate marketing

The best-designed sites are actually very simple.

They are better for the browser and easier and faster to navigate than many of the really fancy-looking sites.

As such, all you need is to be able to arrange objects in a space to give a pleasing effect.

That said, this simple skill is actually quite rare.

Like everything in life, 'simple' is best.

Anyone can make something complicated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am amazed at how many people that are claiming to be web designers, and are actually going to charge a fee for web design, actually have terrible sites themselves.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What amazes me is that people actually hire them. I am also amazed when people call me out of the phone book for web design and when I ask if they have seen my site they say no. Why would anyone hire a web designer without looking at the work they have done for other companies?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast