Corrected Commission Questions
    During the month of November I had several sales through a particular CJ merchant. Some of these sales would be "corrected" after about a day so that the sale amount would increase by a factor of 12, as would the commission. I think it is strange that the corrected sale amount would show up as the same, suspiciously round number for all of these sales, and that is my first issue/question.

Second, regarding the sales that would be corrected after a day or so...not all of these sales were corrected. About half of them stayed at the same uncorrected sale amount and didn't jump by a factor of 12. Given the nature of these transactions, I would assume that the (uncorrected) sale amount that shows up for these is way too low.

What can I do to find out of I'm owed a lot more than what is showing up? Thanks.

Arcadius, I had a similar problem with a merchant on CJ showing my sales as $0.00. I had 8 sales from them in 3 days and they all showed up as $0.00. I contacted CJ and got a typical no help B.S. answer. I contacted the merchant and they were very helpful. They even sent me copies of the emails they sent to CJ and received back. However, several of the corrected amounts were also rounded off and very suspicious. I didn't think a whole lot about it until reading your post. I hope you get some answers and post your solution here. Thanks...

I had 9 sales corrected to $0.00 in November which removed (corrected) $234.75 in commissions. I sent an e-mail to the merchant who had the most corrections and also posted here, but no response as of yet.

It is frustrating when I correlate my web logs to the CJ stats and see a number click-throughs not being accounted, but then to see recorded sales being zeroed makes it even more frustrating!

I just wrote to the merchant to inquire. At least some of the sales made through my site should be for 4-figure transactions, and so I am really interested in getting to the bottom of this. I will try to post once I hear something back.

well i think if it doesnt get sorted you should name them here so we can avoid wasting our time on the merchant

as for what you can do? I dont think you can do much, worst scenario cj kicks them out.. either way your money is bye bye

Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum- but I am an affiliate manager for a merchant on CJ.

I just wanted to shed some light coming from the other side. It is my job to check all commissions and some times I need to "correct" them.

Most of the corrections amount to $0.00 in sales because the order is fraud, the customer's CC declined, or the customer canceled their order.

Maybe you knew this already, but if you didn't I hope it helps!

@ frightcatalog
    you probably could have prevented some of the confusion if yo had emailed the affiliate to let him/her know what was going on prior to adjusting the commission.

just a thought

Hi Renee - Good idea, but to my knowledge the affiliates I had to adjust were not confused. I was just trying to shed some light on why other merchants might zero out the commission.

Quote Originally Posted by frightcatalog
    Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum- but I am an affiliate manager for a merchant on CJ.

I just wanted to shed some light coming from the other side. It is my job to check all commissions and some times I need to "correct" them.

Most of the corrections amount to $0.00 in sales because the order is fraud, the customer's CC declined, or the customer canceled their order.

Maybe you knew this already, but if you didn't I hope it helps!
    Welcome to ABW! :

Thanks for the merchant perspective. With a busy store, I'm not sure it would be viable (i.e. time is money) to email the affiliate each time a sell is canceled. Also, I'm not sure I would want to get an email each time neither...

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delsol
    Thanks for the merchant perspective. With a busy store, I'm not sure it would be viable (i.e. time is money) to email the affiliate each time a sell is canceled. Also, I'm not sure I would want to get an email each time neither...
    That's a good point...as AMs we want to keep you informed so there's no confusion, but also don't want to bog down your inbox with unnecessary emails. A common complaint from a lot of managers is that open rates for the actually information laden newsletters is low, so we don't want to risk inundating you with the small stuff. I think most AMs probably use the "do it now, explain later" method because there's just so much work to be done as well.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread