Sirius vs XM - Satellite Radio
    any opinions on which satellite radio is best? any ideas for a specific receiver? i want to get it for my car... any suggestions from people who have one would be much appreciated!

Does it matter they are 1 in the same? The merged not to long ago.

I have both. Sirius in one car, XM in the other. The channel lineups are not identical, but there is some cross polinating. I used to like Sirius better because I thought they had more music that matched my taste, but recently some of the Sirius music channels have moved to XM. Sirius has some original talk radio personalities that are not yet available on XM, but I expect they will be sometime in the future.

Look at the channel lineups and see which one fits your listening habits best.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

If you call them ask if they have any promotions. Chances are you can get the radio for free. Best part for me is the Led Zeppelin channel! Outside of that the kids like the Disney channel on the way to school in the morning, the comedy channels is great, and you can stream (on the computer) a pretty good selection of channels. We also drive a lot on family vacations...so having the same stations for a 12 or 19 hour drive is nice.
    Thanks,
    Doug

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have had Sirrius for years and really like it. I listen to news primarily and music later in the evening. I used their streaming radio but got tired of the time outs and switched to Pandora.

XM came with the car and I like it. I listen to their comedians a lot. I have never had it go out unless I'm under a bridge.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    I have had Sirrius for years and really like it. I listen to news primarily and music later in the evening. I used their streaming radio but got tired of the time outs and switched to Pandora.
    at home i usually listen to Pandora, iTunes, or my cable music channels.

but...for the car satellite seems like the best option for me right now

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    I have both. Sirius in one car, XM in the other. The channel lineups are not identical, but there is some cross polinating. I used to like Sirius better because I thought they had more music that matched my taste, but recently some of the Sirius music channels have moved to XM. Sirius has some original talk radio personalities that are not yet available on XM, but I expect they will be sometime in the future.

Look at the channel lineups and see which one fits your listening habits best.
    good advice. i suppose channel lineups is probably most important since the technology and prices are very similar...

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread