Question Regarding Amazon Cookies Duration
    I'm wondering - I've heard Amazon cookies last "24 hours." However, is this the case for after they click, anything they purchase through Amazon within 24 hours generates you commission?

I'm not sure as to what the cookie duration pertains to b/c Amazon states the # of clicks, and the # of "other clicks."

Thank you!

Cool
    it lasts 24 hours unless it is overwritten by going to another site. also, if the visitor puts something in the cart it may stay cookied much longer.clicks and other clicks pertains to whether the visitor clicked on a link you made or on an amazon.com link that you didn't, but if it had been an order you would have gotten credit for it.

Thank you for the response

You know, i used to generate a lot of cash using amazon affiliate program...I used to be a wealthy affiliate! It's when they have the 1 month cookie instead of 1 day cookie like they have now. Lost a lot money because of it.

But I still generate decent cash with it...so good luck..

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcfreak
    You know, i used to generate a lot of cash using amazon affiliate program...I used to be a wealthy affiliate! It's when they have the 1 month cookie instead of 1 day cookie like they have now.
    Welcome to ABW!

but that is untrue

I've been with AMZN since late 1996 or early 1997; I was about their 7000th affiliate. I've always seen a 24 hour period.

http and a telephoto
    Herb is correct, Amazon has *never* had a 30 day cookie.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

unfortunately the short cookie life means that even if you practically introduced a visitor to your site with an item, convinced them to purchase it, if they are waiting 2 days for whatever reason, amazon gets the full sale, and you get to keep the existing lint in your pocket.

It's definitely a lopsided deal in Amazon's favor, but until Amazon Associates form their own union to oppose such un-fair practices, we're left to deal with whatever policies they wish to impose.

thnx,
    AmazonDev

Although I am no communist, I have created such a webmasters union site. It is actually a .org and in it's infant stages. Soon, after I get enough posts and clout in here, I will post the link

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread