Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    OK Dude, I'm in rare form today so I've got a challenge for you. As you know, we signed up to give you some coverage on that great suspenders site that everyone loves to give you crap about.

Nova is over their making links like crazy and I said "how many products are there"? She said "a bunch". Hmmmmmmmmm

Well, you know how my mind works

I thought hmmmmm. I ought to challenge my buddy to datafeed enable me so I can spam and flood the search engines with all kinds of suspenders from your merchant. Of course, you get to use me as "a test" on the validity of all those bs claims you make on us datafeed monsters that do all these dasterdly deeds and I'll have a great opportunity to not only make some money but to make you eat some of those previous words - "but in a good ole respectible way" instead of the way some around like to maliciously do with you.

Go ahead and make my day - datafeed enable me "I triple dare ya"

===================================
    Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> happypoon wrote: Go ahead and make my day - datafeed enable me "I triple dare ya" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Mike, you should be glad that he didn't say "I triple dog dare ya!"

Andy

OK, then I triple dog dare him. Mike, make happypoon happy!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Oh no!

Don't tell me Nova is making 'links' on a 'suspenders' website?

Yeah!!! go Nova go!

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

Done, just waiting for the sales to roll in!

got another one to work on and that would be it for today!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    OK Poon I'll cave in and make a custom datafeed to represent their various suspender styles. As soon as I'm done this week making the Sloops designer blue jeans site and testing it for affiliate sales tracking I'll work on the feed.

Need to know the thumb-nail size you prefer and the datafield names -Pipe or comma delimited. No fair uploading to a Yahoo storefront or Froogle and you and Nova can battle it out.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    Don't tell me Nova is making 'links' on a 'suspenders' website?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I make suspenders out of links..

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    As soon as I'm done this week making the Sloops designer blue jeans site...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems like chicks that ain't into the "plumber crack" look might find Sloops cool - would you think instead of ordering an inch bigger in the waist for the guys that it might work for girls by ordering an inch less?

Awesome challenge!

Go for it !

All right

SandraR

If you can make the feed, I will also sign on and deliver customers. I have two sites that are "men" focused (sorry, G-rated folks). That your product will work well with.

Keep us posted.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    ((( pours a scotch and waches as this scenario unfolds over the next few weeks )))

This is going to be good...

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

ABW Ambassador
    Ground Control, Ground Control we seem to have a problem. If you provide prices to me and I show them "which I will" I will have no control over if the products get listed in froogle or not.

If this is an issue you can't ignore than lets just pass and I'll say - I understand.

Otherwise :

Pipe delimited feed!

I did a breif review of the site and I believe the following format will work:

MajorStyle|MinorStlye|SuspType|Finish|retail|product_url|img_url

For example:
    Corporate|Bordeaux|X|Gold|29.95|affiliate_url|img_url|Solid Colors with a fine poly-blend SATIN finish -1 1/2" wide with black leather tabs and matching cross patch in both X or Y back styles selling for $29.95.
    Corporate|Bordeaux|Y|Silver|29.95|affiliate_url|img_url|Solid Colors with a fine poly-blend SATIN finish -1 1/2" wide with black leather tabs and matching cross patch in both X or Y back styles selling for $29.95.

Lines in the feed for a product should not overlap (one product per line). If you like, you can provide two feeds - one with the
    Styles and Descriptions and then another as illustrated above without the descriptions and I'll do a simple merge of the description.

If the products ever go on sale, you'll need to add in field for sales_price somewhere as well. If the product isn't on sale, the price can either be blank zero or it can have the same price as retail - whatever you prefer. Image height and width would be nice as well but not entirely necessary. I like the images that are 220 x 60 and if that size is stuck with well..... it would be pretty dumb to list the image height and width on every one of them wouldn't it.

I can make a product name from the information provided or if you like, you can provide another field for a complete product name.

By the way do you support ppc and can I link directly to your product page on the merchant site? Ahh just kidding .

I really like that name "hold up" as I'm going to completely rob this program of all it's money - LOL. You know I'm just kidding.

It seems we've build a loyal following of people who just love to harass us - wanna bet how long it takes before certain parties that aint here yet show up? LOL OK you have a more loyal following than I do. Boy those coupon lovers love to hate us huh.

Nova's kicking butt and already has you on two sites on three different pages and we'll be flooding the search engines with spam before you can say kaboom. LOL

I'll have her forward the urls to you and if you have any problems we'll adjust as needed. You might not like the dig she did where she said "these suspenders can be stolen at hold up prices that wont drop your pants". LOL

Just let us know if you want it changed .

Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"these suspenders can be stolen at hold up prices that wont drop your pants<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I love that line!

I will also pour myself a glass of juice and will watch the show.

Ian Lee, M.Sc.

Internet Marketing Strategist / Affiliate Manager
    EYI, Inc.
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us
    http://www.eyiproducts.com/affiliate.html
    604-596-9766

Personal Sites: ADS-Links.com | HealthCastle.com

Hey, no fair, I asked for a feed the other day!

Dang happypoon,

You are hanging around Mike way to much...

Hey have you 2 decided on a time line?

I want to hear about all the money you both make and how long it took you to make your first sale! (I am not being snotty) IN EARNEST

SandraR

Poon the 220x60 image size will work fine for showing suspender detail. Call Sal Herman and request a free paper catalog, sample clip so you see how the category names work. No need for X or Y back and clip finish choices in the datafeed as they're required buyer options if available.

Each category series have a unique defining feature. Solids or Patterns, strap widths, material finish and single or dual clip styles.

Pre-sell logic would be to take the common selling features of each category series and seperate each category with a descriptive paragraph. It might be easiest to merge the 12 category series descriptions as the descriptive header with the individual products show below.

Prices are set and the only continuous special will be Free freight on USA shipped orders over 50.00. After last years buildout of 8 new category series the lines will be stable. Matter of fact I'll take the time to build min-showcases for each series where affiliates only have to search and replace the AffID and E-MAIL codes and cut&paste the HTML.

Each series has it's own landing page like www.suspenders.com/formal.htm for immediate ordering or detail page views. so those only wanting the 2" wide camouflage hunting or solid color 2" big men's suspenders can link to those landing pages.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike - can I have a datafeed too?

No joke - I would like to give it a try!

PM on the details on how to sign up.

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    See how fast Mike totally caves when the thought of Google mastery is waved under his nose...never again shall he wonder why merchants give out feeds if that site gets a PANEL in Google--Suspenders.com or no suspenders at all!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hey, no fair, I asked for a feed the other day! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but, YOU didn't triple dog dare him!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    We all need new experiences right. Heck I just figured since I'm a good fisherman I'd give him some of his own "master baiting" and it worked pretty good.

I'll do my best to confirm all of his suspicions regarding us datafeed monsters - heck everyone knows I agree with Mike on most things anyway so I sure aint gonna do nothing to help prove him wrong - right?

LOL - This truely is going to be fun!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hey, no fair, I asked for a feed the other day! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but, YOU didn't triple dog dare him!

_Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!_

__Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way.__ Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    True, but now since he has been, no reason not to give it to me as well. See how my "tricks for clicks" converts for him.

I suspose it will take at least 2 months to see any kind of comparative results.

Don't keep us in suspense too long!
    (sorry, couldn't resist)

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

I will post my first sale when it comes!

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

I'll do some creatives especially for Nova to off-set what Poon figures is his secret weapon to whoop her on earnings.

Mike & Charlie ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast