Ravens/Steelers - Good Call or Bad Call?
    I am not sure if you saw the Ravens-Steelers game yesterday, do you think the TD call was a good a call or a bad call?

I thought it was a horrible especially after it was initially called not a TD, the referee reviews and "conclusively" thinks is a TD.

Dom -

Always good to deflect attention away from your own team, especially when the Redskins put together a magical performance against Cincinnati.
    Gabe Goldstein | Ad Desk
    Phone 703.265.5061
    Email Gabe. Goldstein@teamaol.aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by AM Gabe
    Dom -

Always good to deflect attention away from your own team, especially when the Redskins put together a magical performance against Cincinnati.
    AM Gabe,
    The same magical performance from the Giants against the Cowgirls.

Haha - Yes same magical performance.
    Gabe Goldstein | Ad Desk
    Phone 703.265.5061
    Email Gabe. Goldstein@teamaol.aol.com

The ref made a good call. The ball was caught and both of the receiver's feet were within the end zone.

The "bad" call was the one where the Raven's didn't score even one touchdown. Oh - that's wasn't up to the refs. So, maybe complaining about some ref calls are supposed to excuse (or distract from) a lackluster performance by the team and coaching staff.

The Ravens are a good team and are doing better than anyone expected them to do this year. Flacko is doing surprisingly well for a rookie. If he stays healthy he may evolve into a truly outstanding quarterback, something the Ravens have certainly lacked. Our new head coach has pulled the "former" group of prima-donnas together to form a "team." So, GO RAVENS - this may not the "the" season - but next year just may be.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, he had both feet in the endzone and in this case the ball had to break the plane as well. And looking at the replays on ESPN, it barely did, so it was a TD.

"Flacko is doing surprisingly well for a rookie."

Yeah, he's doing good. Looks like the Ravens are going to have a good, solid QB.

As a die hard Steelers fan, I was sweating bullets during that review. If had been ruled down at the 1 inch line, things would have gotten real interesting....

Do you want to try to plow through a super sick Ravens D on the last play of the game?

Do you kick the FG (preferably making it... ) and then count on a coin toss?

Granted, we had just marched 92 yards in impressive fashion, but we would've needed the ball in OT. And granted, the super sick Steelers D had done a great job of containing Flacco and Co.

But boy, Tomlin woul've been in a real pickle there.

And yes, I think it was a touchdown, by about 4 millimeters.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I was actually surprised that they reversed the call because I wasn't sure that it was "conclusive" evidence. But I was sure happy about it.

My heart was beating like crazy through that whole fourth quarter.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

ABW Ambassador
    You Ravens should be mad, be sure to take it out on the Cowboys next week Romo was saying your defense is soft and that he's been hit harder in Pop Warner games.

Guh... Just noticed all they typos in my post. Only got 3 hours sleep last night, so I'll need some slack

Another Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl, anyone?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Another Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl, anyone?
    Carolina looks like the best NFC team to me right now. I think Dallas has too much drama to go far, assuming they even make the playoffs.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

Ravens <---> Steelers games are tough for me to watch. I live within walking distance of the stadium here in Baltimore. So, by geography, I am (supposed to be) a Ravens fan. But I grew up with the Steelers and the Cowboys being my main teams. Yeah, I grew up in the Terry Bradshaw-->Lynn Swann/Franco Harris days. And, yes, those were the good days of football. Oops, didn't mean to leave out Roger Staubach-->Randy White, et.al. either.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I am a fan of the Ravens, but I grew up in Pgh and have been a Steelers fan forever, so I always want them to win. I have to say that Ben has almost given me a heart attack in the last few games. He is holding the ball too long and making bad decisions!!

I really didn't think the ball crossed the goal line, but who am I to argue with the refs.

On Wednesday, Mike Pereira, the head of NFL Officiating will be on NFL Total Access, and I am sure he will be talking about the call and whether it was correct or not.

Bill (Beachy): Franco Harris is my all-time favorite player! I remember watching him play when I was (very) young

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread