Question A-store - content
    Anyone know if its possible / allowed to embed the A-Store interface into your site?

I have a basic script that needs work but its able to embed the A-store into the site !

And no . this isnt using a iframe !

A-Store Embedding Issues
    Dear Magi,

Yes, you can put a-store content into your site.
    We tried it, and eventually dropped the a-store.
    The reasons:
    1. you get no visibility in the search engines for any content that is in the a-store section
    2. the easiest way to put the content onto the site was with i-frames, as you correctly note, and those have their own problems
    3. Amazon a-store links that were not ASIN specific kept changing, often to inappropriate products (eg adults only videos, even with the screen Amazon offered)
    4. Amazon a-store links that were ASIN specific had the same 'no longer carried' issues that all Amazon links have.

In summary: the a-store sections were really, really easy to build, and looked great! But we got no commissions or visibility. We tried for about 6 months before pulling the plug.

Best Wishes,
    (removed link drops/sig)
    Last edited by Trust; January 4th, 2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: link drops

Quote Originally Posted by dvdtvshows
    Dear Magi,

Yes, you can put a-store content into your site.
    We tried it, and eventually dropped the a-store.
    The reasons:
    1. you get no visibility in the search engines for any content that is in the a-store section
    2. the easiest way to put the content onto the site was with i-frames, as you correctly note, and those have their own problems
    3. Amazon a-store links that were not ASIN specific kept changing, often to inappropriate products (eg adults only videos, even with the screen Amazon offered)
    4. Amazon a-store links that were ASIN specific had the same 'no longer carried' issues that all Amazon links have.

In summary: the a-store sections were really, really easy to build, and looked great! But we got no commissions or visibility. We tried for about 6 months before pulling the plug.

Best Wishes,
    (removed link drops/sig)
    Were you using the A-Store in a "IFRAME"

Or did you embed it?

I can understand not getting visiblty if you were using a Iframe,, but if you figured out how to embed it .. and were able to change the code around a bit.. you should of been able to get something out of it .. for sure ...

I've simply included a link to my AStore.... and it does appear to be indexed by Google. Of course, can't say it's really helpful, but it is possible. Just don't bother embedding it, just add a link.

I am new at this, so please bear with me.
    Is this question pertaining to Amazon only? Are iframes generaly bad? What is the problem with them?

ABW Ambassador
    I used mrrat's free amazon script at mrrat.com/aws, and with a lot of modification
    made it look similar to the astore. Just got it finished yesterday, so time will tell if
    I get any sales with it. No other content on it. It is on a domain I was doing nothing
    with so thought I would give it a shot.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 21st, 2009 at 08:44 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Waybar, I have to give you some props. It takes.. umm not sure... but something to create such an entirely soulless and worthless sites. Most people can't pull the trigger on something that useless and instead they try and add some personality or graphics, but you... you went whole hog. Congrats.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you. I knew I was good at something.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread