Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Best Business Credit Card?
    I'm in the market for a new business credit card. The majority of my expenses go to PPC advertising so I'm wondering if there are any cards out there that offer extra rewards for that type of purchasing. I pay my balance in full each month ... well actually multiple times per month, hence the need for a change to something with a potentially higher limit. If anyone really likes their business credit card, please feel free to pass along the info.

My current card is a pretty basic Capital One rewards card, but I'm thinking I might be able to do better in terms of earning rewards. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

For me it is Amex. Not for customers but for our use in company purchases.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

My favorite is the Starwood American Express. You earn a Starpoint for every $1 spent (2 at any Starwood properties). You have a ton of redemption opportunities for the Starpoints earned.

They allow you to transfer Starpoints to FF miles with a ton of airlines, including AA (which isn't an option with American Express Membership Rewards). The best part, though, is that they give you a 5,000 mile bonus for each 20,000 miles you transfer. That essentially gives you 1.25 airline miles per dollar spent. If you prefer Continental or United, it's not as good of a deal because they recently changed from 1:1 to 2:1 for redemptions with them.

Their hotel redemption options are also appealing, often giving values of $0.03 or more per Starpoint. You can often stay in the lower-end Starwood hotels (often 4 Points and some Sheratons that typically run $100-$150/night) for 2,000 - 4,000 Starpoints per night, nicer ones (Westins, W's, and others that typically run $200+/night) for 7,000 to 10,000 per night, and their ultra-nice hotels for 12,000 to 35,000/night and up. If you redeem 5 nights or more, every 5th night is free. For instance, 5 nights in a Category 3 is 28,000 Starpoints instead of 35,000. Their Nights & Flights option gives you 50,000 airline miles and 5 nights in a Category 3 or 4 for 60,000 or 70,000 Starpoints.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    We run our entire biz on AmExp

As a Dave Ramsey disciple everything is cash only. I don't own a credit card. I know, weird.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

Good info, thanks for sharing!

I like the Advanta Business Card - sponsored by Haiko and ABW - http://www.theaffiliate.cc/. They also have a "points" program; but instead of hotel stays or products, they send me a rebate check four times a year. That way I can get "whatever" I like and not be limited to what some company thinks I will like.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I like the Advanta Business Card - sponsored by Haiko and ABW - http://www.theaffiliate.cc/. They also have a "points" program; but instead of hotel stays or products, they send me a rebate check four times a year. That way I can get "whatever" I like and not be limited to what some company thinks I will like.
    Is it 5% cash back earned on AdWords / YSM / AdCenter?

Also, just as a heads up, the "Sign Up Today" button on that landing page brings up an Invalid Offer error at Advanta.

UPDATE:

I found the Capital One Visa Business Platinum with Preferred No Hassle Miles, that lets you earn triple miles in the category of your choice. You get to choose between:
    * Travel and Lodging
    * Gas and Service Stations
    * Building Supplies and Hardware
    * Computers and Electronics
    * Office Supplies and Furniture
    * Advertising and Shipping

So of course I chose Advertising. I haven't received the card yet, but if it really works for PPC expenses this will be huge for me to be racking up three times the rewards.

Any word on the Advanta Business Card sponsored by ABW? That looks interesting but of course the links aren't working. Is this card still around?
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

affninja, thanks for the tip. I have a CapitalOne Business Platinum card that I use for all my PPC expenses. I have been earning double miles for a year, but this is the first time I've heard about triple miles on advertising. Very, very interesting. Triple miles on adwords and YSM would be awesome.

I've been very happy with the CapitalOne Business Platinum card. Their rewards program is a nice perk.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

No problem! I'll report back once it comes and if the triple miles deal really works on Adwords expenses. It seems legit l but I'm still skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    No problem! I'll report back once it comes and if the triple miles deal really works on Adwords expenses. It seems legit l but I'm still skeptical.
    I think the problem you will have will be how Adwords and YSM expenses are classified in the system? Adwords is classified as "Other" and YSM is classified as "Internet". e.g. no mention of advertising.

If the triple miles don't work, you can always go for "Double No Hassle Miles". Double miles apply to all categories.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Yeah you're probably right. Either way I'll take it for a spin and see what happens.

Advanta killed the program with a day's notice, really ticked me off. Their new business platinum is the same - if not better.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Another card that I've heard heavy PPC advertisers use is the "Plum Card" from American Express. If you spend more than 5k a month and pay your bill within 10 days of the closing date you get 2% cash back on all purchases.

CPA Network Rep
    I actually use my "Business" Costco American Express. Not only does it give you a good amount of cash back for regular purchases, but it gives you 5% cash back on gasoline!

Amex Plat. It has a 450 dollar a year fee but worth it.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Amex Platinum - lots of advantages and extremely customer friendly service policies.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

An update:

It took a while longer than planned, but I received my first Adwords charge on the new Capital One triple miles preferred card and DID earn triple miles on the charge.

I don't have enough miles yet to determine what the cash-back rate of return is, but the miles ARE transferable to my other Capital One account where it 1 mile = $.01.

Good stuff!

An update:
    It took a while longer than planned, but I received my first Adwords charge on the new Capital One triple miles preferred card and DID earn triple miles on the charge.
    Good stuff!
    Ohhh, that is very, very good... Are you running YSM too? Am curious if YSM works too. Dratz, I just upgraded to the double miles for every purchase... Now I'm going to want to switch to the triple miles in a category... How's your credit limit with the new card? I have a high credit limit with my first card, but the second one has a credit limit that is 1/3 my first card.

Yes, I was pleased to see that you can transfer miles between accounts for free... Will have a nice vacation this year..

An update:
    miles yet to determine what the cash-back rate of return is, but the miles ARE transferable to my other Capital One account where it 1 mile = $.01.
    Have you tried a transfer yet? Either their system has a loophole that you can exploit (which would be awesome), or the # of miles will be reduced during a transfer. My double mile accounts have a cashback of 1 mile = $.005 The real gain from double or triple miles seems to be travel (flights, hotels, cars, tours, cruises). When miles are applied to travel, the conversion rate is closer to 1 mile = $.01, although you pay for travel in tiers until you hit costs > $600 dollars.

15,000 > Travel Up to $150.00
    35,000 > $150.01 to $350.00
    60,000 > $350.01 to $600.00
    100x travel cost > More than $600.00
    Last edited by isellstuff; January 17th, 2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: typo

The credit limit on the new card is low - $5000. Will have to pay that off multiple times per month.

Have not switched out my Yahoo spending to the new card to see if it works but will try that this week.

Did not actually make a transfer, just completed the "transfer eligibility" screen, and it did show that the miles were eligible for transfer without mention of any fees, penalties, or reductions in their worth.

I recently got a 3 miles per dollar Capital One Rewards Card. I chose the advertising category as well.

You get 3 miles per dollar in Google Adwords, but only 1 mile per dollar for Yahoo Search Marketing and Microsoft Adcenter. It has something to do with the merchant supplied categorization of the charges. So I'm running YSM and Adcenter on my 2 miles per dollar card and Adwords on my 3 miles per dollar card.

I also figured out something significant with redeeming the rewards. Never use their travel agency. Instead charge travel expenses to your Capital One card and ask for a credit card reimbursement. The exchange rate for miles -> dollars is the same as if you used their travel agency, but you have no restrictions on where you can stay. It took me awhile to figure out the reimbursement trick. I had wrongly assumed that the exchange rate would be the same as requesting cash.

Note that credit card reimbursement is done in tiers so you really have to think about how your charges will be applied. We ended up having a lot of room service to maximize our dollars spend. You get into weird situations where it may be practical to empty half of the mini-bar into your suitcase :-)

Also, BTW you need to have charges grouped. So if a hotel charges you half of the cost during reservation, then that will force you to ask for two reimbursements, both with tiers.

We spent 10 days in New England in October, watching the fall leaves change, and didn't spend hardly any of our own money. Very memorable...
    Last edited by isellstuff; January 24th, 2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: clarity

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast