Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    get out of my way...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pled_shopper_2

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Jeeeeze, think she'd makea good add for shopping online???? Poor thing.

- - - - - - - - -
    A page a day keeps the creditor away!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Wal-Mart officials called later Friday to
    >ask about her sister, and the store
    >apologized and offered to put a DVD player
    >on hold for her.

Put it on hold???

Put it ON HOLD???

GIVE her the damn $29 item, you cheap bastards!!!!!

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    >Wal-Mart officials called later Friday to
    >ask about her sister, and the store
    >apologized and offered to put a DVD player
    >on hold for her.

Put it on hold???

Put it ON HOLD???

GIVE her the damn $29 item, you cheap bastards!!!!!

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly! Hell, they should give her a whole entertainment system!

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Affiliate Manager
    And it begins...
    Defensive shopping is paramount!

It was a mob scene at our local Walmart too.

Are they maming money on the $29 DVD players or is it a loss leader ?

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

I say this is worth $100k in a settlement with Walmart. They better hope she bites on that DVD player instead.

ABW Ambassador
    I love this little bit:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ellzey said some shoppers tried to help VanLester, and one employee helped Ellzey reach her sister, but most people just continued their rush for deals.

"All they cared about was a stupid DVD player," she said Saturday.

Paramedics called to the store found VanLester unconscious on top of a DVD player, surrounded by shoppers seemingly oblivious to her <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All they cared about were the DVD players, including her sister I guess since her unconscious body was still clinging to the one she grabbed...

Chet

My god, what a pack of animals

Hey, I GOT a DVD player!!! You talking to ME!

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

What do these stores expect to happen, anyway? They advertise specials starting at ungodly hours, for a limited time only, and encourage people to camp out to get the best deal. A local store had people waiting in line at 7:00 on Thanksgiving night, waiting for the store to open at 6 AM!

I hate retailers that do this. What about their overworked and underpaid employees, who have to get up at 2 AM to be at work to open up at 6 AM?

The police should have been called, and the shoppers who were in too big of a hurry to help a defenseless woman up off the ground should have been detained and questioned. That would have got them off to a late start on their holiday shopping!

And Wal-Mart is going to hold a DVD player for the trampled woman because they want her to be a Wal-Mart shopper again. How nice, I hope she sues the out of Wal-Mart!

It just proves that people really are pigs!

Andy

This sounds like the boxing day madness up here.
    In the places I've worked we have gone as far as having the police and rented security in place from the night before.
    As people came through the door (only certain numbers at a time) they were given a chit with the item(s) they were looking for. We did this with all specials that were "limited quantity."
    No more chits, no more items.
    No mad dashes to get them and no more damaged vcrs, dvds, tvs, etc from people knocking displays over as they ran.
    We had people patrolling the store (in and out) for a good 24 hours prior to when the door opened for boxing day or "crazy" sale days.
    And yeah, nothing better than tagging specials until midnight and being back at the store at 4am to finish prepping for sales that we would make 0 commission on. Try and upsell or add on a warranty on these days and you may as well sit in a corner and beat yourself over the head with a broom. It's as effective and a heck of a lot more fun

Education is Key
    Parasiteware.com

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    All they cared about were the DVD players, including her sister I guess since her unconscious body was still clinging to the one she grabbed...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hard to believe the pack missed that one! Someone probably grabbed it as soon as the paramedics lifted her...

What are you watching on DVD, Ssanf

(Apart from 'Wicker Man'....)

"we want her to come back as a shopper" -

that's REAL caring.

Are they talking about re-incarnation?

Gotta admit I really do get an uplifted feeling every time I watch The Wicker Man. Hey, we have to win some times.

I think I will go watch it.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Just don't get any ideas...

Very sad story indeed. All the more reason to shop online.

In the local Wal-Mart all the "goodies" were sold out to the store employees. Someone I know went there at 5am to buy a game box ($20 cheaper than everywhere), well everything was already gone. Funny to say, he had the same game box on hold, but Wal-Mart wouldn't sell it to him for the "one day only" price.
    One good thing I can say about Walmart: unlimited returns. LOL. I've returned god knows how many cordless phones. Well, they all really sucked, and I want a phone. 2.4GHz. Their money back policy is unbeatable.

Make sure you don't loose your receipt. I bought a digi cam from them and lost the receipt, had problems and they were zero help. The very small walmart probably only sells one cam a year and the guy that helped me with my purchase only a month before said "I don't know when he bought it or even if he bought it here". I found this to be strange considering this was a close out model and it was the last one they had. I am convinced the guy did remember selling it to me especially since he personally recommended it and it was a long 20 minute conversation. The worst part is that I know the bar codes of each product are registered into their computers. They can scan my box and know when it was sold.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Make sure you don't loose your receipt. I bought a digi cam from them and lost the receipt, had problems and they were zero help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Your credit card statement (or duplicate receipt requested from the bank) should be equal proof of purchase, right?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >you may as well sit in a corner and beat yourself over the head with a broom

GIF! GIF!

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

ABW Ambassador
    Didnt see this post until it was to late. I posted my comments here

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    Why do some affiliate networks continue to enable parasitic technology providers to STEAL my hard earned revenue?

ABW Ambassador
    When you create a stampede to your website, no one gets hurt. All the more reason for people to shop online!

ABW Ambassador
    Report: Woman Has Filed 16 Previous Claims, 9 At Wal-Mart Stores

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

Yeah, I heard that on the news today - and she used to work at walmart and has claimed several workman's comp claims. Unreal!

Still, the idea of someone getting trampled while (or "whilst" for you cross-pond-ers) shopping is still real and still insane.

-patrice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast