Question Post Affiliate Pro - Feedback?
    Has anyone here used Post Affiliate Pro?

I am seriously considering using this self-hosted solution to build an in-house affiliate program, and would highly appreciate people's feedback on it.

Many thanks in advance.

Geno

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Running 10 programs using Post Affiliate Pro on: MoolaMoola.com

We skin the affiliate pitch pages. Version 3.0 could not carry the volume but Version 4.0 is doing well in tests. We migrated from an early version of MyAP. They have two truly unique features: direct links which give SEO benefits to affiliates and merchants and triple redundant tracking. Third party cookies, then flash cookies and finally session cookies (1st party). If you need custom programming its about $40/hr but we did most of the customization. Hit me up next week and I can give you a tour via GoToMeeting.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; March 24th, 2010 at 01:44 AM.

You are DA MAN, Chuck! Thank you so much for this feedback.

I'll definitely be in touch with you re this later.

Geno

Chuck, I know you were looking into turnkey program management platforms last month. I'm assuming you end up going with Post Affiliate Pro?

Yes, we evaluated several white label solutions and network options. The PAP Version 4 came as a surprise as they have been developing that version for 18 months. We are not done testing but the cost of the software is negligible so it comes down to manpower. Let's just say the alternatives on the network level were more than my salary and the white labels were not significant enough from what we will have to justify the migration and additional cost.

wow! that price point is peanuts compared to the monthly cost of other solutions out there. i'd be interested in your assessment of the direct linking functionality after a few months of use.

hope it serves your purposes well.
    Last edited by bs0101; December 19th, 2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: *sp*

I tried post affiliate pro and had trouble with the volume and then setup my network with osiaffiliate.com and it has worked out.

Post Affiliate Pro has a new version that has huge wow factor and we are upgrading nine programs shortly. osiaffiliate.com does look intriguing, who is running it so I can take a look?

hey Chuck -

How did you find the installation / setup for PAP4? We're looking into it and I'm trying to find a 'realistic' time frame for installation. From their site it looks like it would only take a few minutes. Was that your experience?

Thanks,

Nadia
    [B][COLOR=Navy]Nadia Levine (van Rooyen)[/COLOR][/B]
    Senior Manager, Affiliate Practice at Vantage Media
    nlevine(at)VantageMedia.com

We have been using PAP for several years so its been a while since we updated. Plus, we did a lot to skin the affiliate sign-up pages as well as some custom code on the admin side. Our CTO is heading up the version 4 upgrade and had installed it a month ago on a development server. He copied the database and ran through the system to check functionality. We are waiting on a bug fix to reporting for the affiliates and delayed the roll-over for that. Not being a php guy I understand the install is not a big deal. We can blow over the admin settings and affiliate accounts from version 3.

Thanks Chuck,

Appreciate the feedback. It's helpful to get some 'real' insight on the setup. It doesn't seem difficult at all, but wanted to check.

Thanks!!
    [B][COLOR=Navy]Nadia Levine (van Rooyen)[/COLOR][/B]
    Senior Manager, Affiliate Practice at Vantage Media
    nlevine(at)VantageMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Running 10 programs on it: MoolaMoola.com
    I browsed their website and it seems like they only offer a single merchant program solution, not a network version? How did you get it to act like a network? Custom programming?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by La_Valette
    I browsed their website and it seems like they only offer a single merchant program solution, not a network version? How did you get it to act like a network? Custom programming?
    We use it as a platform for the Forbes.com affiliate program (where we have several campaigns with different payouts), so I'll take this one.

With the Professional version you can run unlimited campaigns. Each "campaign" can have it's own terms (payout and cookies duration) and selection of creatives. This is the version that one can use for an "affiliate network".

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    We use it as a platform for the Forbes.com affiliate program (where we have several campaigns with different payouts), so I'll take this one.

With the Professional version you can run unlimited campaigns. Each "campaign" can have it's own terms (payout and cookies duration) and selection of creatives. This is the version that one can use for an "affiliate network".

Geno
    Geno,

Thanks. So if I'm understanding you correctly, you can set it up to track multiple online stores by setting each merchant up as a separate campaign? And would affiliates then be automatically approved for all campaigns, or do you have the ability to only grant them access to specific campaigns (merchants).

Alex.

ps. The Xpress version seems to offer unlimited campaigns too - any reason you're using the Pro.
    Last edited by La_Valette; February 28th, 2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: addition
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Alex, I am not sure that you can approve affiliates by individual campaign (I think that once they are approved into your bigger system, they get access to all active campaigns), but when it comes to the overall system/network - you can set it up yourself, and either approve everyone who applies, or have it set up on manual approval.

As for why we're using the Pro: it's only a $100 more than the XPress one, but gives you more advanced options (like private commissions, bonus campaigns, etc) that we may want to use in the future.

Geno

PS: My main criticisms of this software to date: (i) slows the server quite a bit, and sometimes takes forever to load, and (ii) the people that put it together should've hired a proofreader for the texts they've put into the templates and instructions.

Geno,

Contacted PAP today, and they said that it is not possible to set up different cookies and payouts for different online stores (merchants). You seem to indicate that you succeeded in doing this - can you confirm? Maybe they misunderstood me?

I can see the concern about the proofreading aspect, by the way, judging from their website. Is this something which can be fixed by customization?

Alex.
    Last edited by La_Valette; March 2nd, 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: addition

Contacted PAP today, and they said that it is not possible to set up different cookies and payouts for different online stores (merchants). You seem to indicate that you succeeded in doing this - can you confirm?
    Not sure about cookies now, but as far as different payouts go, this is doable. You go to "Campaigns" > "Campaigns Manager" and edit each "campaign" the way you want. Attaching two screenshots that show both the "Campaigns Manager" interface, and the individual campaign's management window (we're not paying for clicks, but there is an option where you can enable it, should you want to).

It would be really interesting to hear from Chuck on how they've customized it into a "network" (which seems to be more applicable to your situation than what we've been doing with the software - to manage just different campaigns of the same program).

I can see the concern about the proofreading aspect, by the way, judging from their website. Is this something which can be fixed by customization?
    Definitely.

Geno
    Attached Images Attached Images

From what I know, as a jv partner with the pap/quality unit guys, pap 4 was totally rewritten from the ground up and has ajax and plugin api for future expansion from 3rd parties.

It's NOT meant to be a n/w solution however. I think you'll see limits in logins, data sharing etc. so be careful with that line of thinking

From what I know about their platform and subtle hints they've made, there is a plan for a future full blown aff n/w script based on the new engine.

I agree the English is a bit sketchy but technically these Slovakian guys are very good.

Oh and one more feature in pap4 that rocks for affiliates is channel and subid tracking - so savvy merchants will appreciate that they can now finally recruit some heavy hitter affs that demand that sort of thing (e.g. ppc affs who want to track down to each kw).

PAP4's main competitor is idevaffiliate and they also recently came out w/ a new version. Same platform but also now have subid tracking.

The affiliate script niche is heating up nicely.
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

I'm digging up this old thread because I am thinking about using PAP4 to handle a small handful of affiliates on some super niche traffic across multiple similar sites. Can anyone post an update on performance/pros/cons they have had so far with the product? Thanks in advance.

Moved all of our in-house programs (12) over to PAP version 4 in the last month and am impressed with the speed improvements. There are several new features that are trend setters like 4 levels of tracking redundancy. Very happy with the product.

Thanks Chuck. The real world input is appreciated.

Can you please confirm/comment on my understanding of how this product works. Each site of mine has one subscription product. So I setup a campaign (or more) for each site (product) and set the payout level for each campaign. Say it's $10 PPS. All active affiliates have access to see all these campaigns and promote any of them (I cannot crate specific campaigns for an affiliate). However, in the case I need to bump the payouts to $12 for a whale, I would just use the private commission feature to facilitate this and not have everyone else see the special payout. Am I close? lol Sorry, I'm trying to translate functionality that I'm used to in other AMSs.

New here to the forums and affiliate marketing(as a merchant)...came across the shareware for this program the other night to find out it has been discontinued because of the development of pro.

Nice info here...was wondering if this program is really working out for folks considering the work they claim to have done to fix security/bugs.

Will be looking more seriously into this one.

Thanks.

23. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread