Thread: Ticketmaster API?

Ticketmaster API?
    I want to be able to perform a function like so:

Input:
    Artist Name

Output:
    XML with venues, (coordinates would be nice), links with my affiliateid to buy tickets at that particular venue.

Is this possible?

They offer Flash or HTML widgets that do that, ask one of the AMs about xml.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Is your goal to list all venues for the particular artist?

c3

Here is my goal:

Given an artist name, I want to list the dates, venues, city, country of their concerts. I would also need coordinates for the venues.

Then when I click on buttons (next to each list item), it directs user to the ticketmaster page to buy tickets at that venue for that artist.

Affiliate Network Rep
    My apologies for the delay...I wanted to get confirm a few points before responding.

At present there is not an easy way to do what you are asking. The closest tool for what you are looking for is the EventEngine Widget but it will not address what you are looking for specifically.

Rather than just saying you can't do that, allow me to explain why and what we are doing to resolve that issue.

At the most basic level...Ticketmaster doesn't really own its own data. Technically their data is owned by the venues, promoters and artists. They essentially sign contracts with lots of different venues and promoters and then aggregate that data into a single point. Trouble is that these contracts don't allow for syndication of the data.

buy.at has been working with Ticketmaster on a large number of ongoing projects to provide our affiliate partners with more data and more feeds. For example, based on requests we have added sports feeds to the TM program:

Ticketmaster MLS
    Ticketmaster Motorsports
    Ticketmaster NBA
    Ticketmaster NFL
    Ticketmaster NHL

Additionally we have proposed a public facing API for Ticketmaster to offer to its affiliate partners, which would offer a much broader set of capabilities to end users. Nothing definite has been decided on this public API but we are fighting the good fight and working to make this happen.

The most important thing to buy.at is that our affiliate partners feel their voices are heard. If you have suggestions or needs from the TM program please email us at

Ticketmaster[at]buy.at OR
    Affiliates[at]ticketmaster.com

Thanks for your patience and I hope to see you all at Affiliate Summit West. If you are going to be there please swing by booth #216 and say hello.

c3

Hello,

Does anyone know if this information is now available? I also would like to get that information based on an artist, for my website.

This thread is 2 years old, fresh information is available here:
    does ticketmaster close the affiliate program? - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Hello,

I know the post is two years old, and also I did read through that other post, but I didn't see any mention of an API, though I did notice that the Ticketmaster Affiliate program is private now and have already requested to be an affiliate.

Also I saw another post :

API is done for - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Which makes it look like there was an API?, but it was killed off?

Just trying to figure out if there is an API, how to get access to it, and if it still exists.

I do appreciate your response!

9. Newsletter Signup