ABW Ambassador
    Shutterfly $200 Bonus, Has anybody got it
    Shutterfly ran a $200 bonus campaign during September08. Though I did generate the required number of sales I haven't received any bonus.

Has anybody received the bonus from shutterfly.

Here is the email from shutterfly about the bonus

Last Chance: Receive a $200 Bonus Cash Reward

Dear xxxx,
    This is your last chance to take advantage of the Special offer from Shutterfly. Generate at least 5 orders from 8/20/08 -10/15/08 and earn a $200 bonus cash reward on top of the commission you will earn by generating orders to Shutterfly.

Hurry - this offer is only valid through October 15.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Unnecessary post. Not helpful or funny.

No, I didn't receive it. Even worse, I cannot see my Shutterfly commission in SynergyAnalytics(Commission Analysis), although it is still in Member Field ID report. Does other people have the same issue?

Didn't get it. They were supposed to pay it with the November commissions and it looks like the Nov. commissions just paid out and it wasn't in mine. Anyone else?

Nope! I rec'd Sept commission payment in Nov. The Oct payment section displays "awaiting payment". The site shows the November payment as "issued" on January 30th. However, the payment amount does not include the bonus.

I sent a payment inquiry, and I understand they do usually reply directly, but I didn't even get an e-mail confirmation. I assume my message went through.

Oops! I meant to say I understand they do NOT reply to inquiries.

I got an reply from shutterfly. According to the reply, the $200 bonus was for these affiliates who never made any sales before.

But I received at least three e-mails regarding this offer, none of them mentioned the offer was for new affiliates only.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    Unnecessary post. Not helpful or funny.
    I see that Shutterfly is a Onecause merchant as shown at http://www.onecause.com/merchants?qu...rfly&commit=Go If an affiliate's site visitor has the OneCause toolbar installed, do they still get their commission?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by dzshopping
    I got an reply from shutterfly. According to the reply, the $200 bonus was for these affiliates who never made any sales before.

But I received at least three e-mails regarding this offer, none of them mentioned the offer was for new affiliates only.
    It was not in any of the emails I received either and I'd certainly made plenty of sales from them before. I'm not happy about this.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear
    It was not in any of the emails I received either and I'd certainly made plenty of sales from them before. I'm not happy about this.
    That's true, they sent out many emails promoting this contest. There was nothing that said its only for those who are inactive.

I communicated with them constantly. Their story changed everytime about the non payment of the bonus.

1st response - There was a glitch in their system. There will be a delay.
    2nd Response - The reporting glitch has been fixed. We will see if you "still" qualify for the bonus or not.
    My reaction - I sent them my linkshare report showing clearly I qualified for the bonus per their contest rules.

3rd Response - They sent me a screen shot of the bonus payment that will be posted to my account soon. That never happennned.

After this I have sent two emails to them, but the AM Asahm Kaur will not respond.

I think they aren't going to pay. They are cheating their affiliates.

I just checked and it is not in the emails that I got about it. Trying to track down a link I once saw to a description of it at LS but I think it's gone.

All Shutterfly went off my sites a few weeks ago when I started smelling a rat. I'm suspicious of what else they haven't paid me for.

It's the nature of the beast though

Daisy

I'm not a pro at this, I was just trying to make a little passive income. I chose to display ads from companies I shopped with and liked. I contacted them directly and they said they are verifying when payments will go out. Um, wasn't that already planned? I'll wait until next week and contact them again in hopes of getting $$ or a real answer. I would like to cash out and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_park
    After this I have sent two emails to them, but the AM Asahm Kaur will not respond.

I think they aren't going to pay. They are cheating their affiliates.
    Asham left the company and they are looking for a new AM. I'm not taking any sides here, but that's why she hasn't responded (and likely won't).

I'd guess that until they get someone in to pick up the pieces, you'll continue to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoskey
    Asham left the company and they are looking for a new AM. I'm not taking any sides here, but that's why she hasn't responded (and likely won't).

I'd guess that until they get someone in to pick up the pieces, you'll continue to wait.
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to shoot off an email anyway. At the time I thought $200 was a huge amount, but what the heck...I swapped some Snapfish links for Shutterfly, and I think they really need to do something to make this right. $200 isn't going to kill me either way, but it is the principal of the whole thing. If you make a promise, you should keep it.

Here is the text of the email. There's absolutely NO mention that this is for inactive/new members only.

This is your last chance to take advantage of the Special offer from Shutterfly. Generate at least 5 orders from 8/20/08 -10/15/08 and earn a $200 bonus cash reward on top of the commission you will earn by generating orders to Shutterfly.

Hurry - this offer is only valid through October 15.

*At the end of the promotional period, affiliates that have generated at least 5 orders during 8/20/08 - 10/15/08 will earn a bonus of $200 which will be paid in your November commission check.

Featured Creative
    To help you get started, post our best converting creative to generate orders and sales.

Best practices
    We would like to help you with best practices targeted to significantly increase your commission earnings. You will find a variety of selling tips and ideas that will help drive greater traffic, increased sales activities, and boost your business. Click here for additional best practices. We hope you reference this page and put our best practices to use.

Good luck and Happy Selling!

The Shutterfly Publisher Team

ABW Ambassador
    Asham or not, the emails from Shutterfly still are comng from Asham's email id.

A quick check at Craigslist shows that Shutterfly is advertising to hire an Online Marketing Manager (whose job description includes "manage affiliate program") as well as a Search Marketing Manager.

Hi,
    I decided to join this forum because I am really unhappy with Shutterfly not paying out on the $200 bonus. I am in the same boat as most of you, have had the same responses from A. Kaur at Shuuterfly, etc. I am still waiting. I think that Shutterfly should be legally held responsible to pay its affiliates but I am having a hard time finding any corporate level employees email addresses. Has anyone called thei headquarters? Any responses?

Hi there, I just found this site by doing a search for the Shutterfly bonus. I too have tried to communicate with Shuttefly and getting the run around, and now no reply at all from them.

I did just log into my Linkshare account and it says that I was sent a check from Shutterfly for $205.32 on February 27. I haven't received it yet, but hopefully they are FINALLY on their way. I am not a new affiliate of them, and I have generated sales for them in the past. It was my understanding that this promotion was for all affiliates.

Good luck and I will KUP when I finally receive this!

Thumbs down
    Finally got an answer saying the offer was accidentally sent out and was for members that joined Q3. Too bad. I will contact Shutterfly again and detail the previous times I contacted. If they do not pay this, I will make sure anyone and everyone knows it about it.

Shutterfly can send the latest promos to my inbox 2 and 3 times each, but they couldn't update anyone on this or respond to the questions I sent in a timely fashion!? That is bad business for Shutterfly and a tipping point to use other services such as ArtCow, PhotoWorks, KodakGallery, etc.
    Last edited by pc299; March 7th, 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: clarity

I have been a shutterfly affiliate since 2007 and I just got my check in the mail today. $200 for the bonus, and $5.32 for the sales commission. So, keep checking!

Quote Originally Posted by pc299
    Finally got an answer saying the offer was accidentally sent out and was for members that joined Q3. Too bad. I will contact Shutterfly again and detail the previous times I contacted. If they do not pay this, I will make sure anyone and everyone knows it about it.

Shutterfly can send the latest promos to my inbox 2 and 3 times each, but they couldn't update anyone on this or respond to the questions I sent in a timely fashion!? That is bad business for Shutterfly and a tipping point to use other services such as ArtCow, PhotoWorks, KodakGallery, etc.
    Does Artscow have an affiliate program? I haven't seen one.

Also, what email are you using? I got no response to the email I sent.No way was an email sent out at least three different times about this accidentally.

To clarify, I mentioned the other brands from a word of mouth standpoint. Affiliate or not, I refuse to recommend a shady company when there are tons of alternatives. Once people take the time to upload their pics, they usually stick w/ the same site to save time.

I received the bonus offer in my linkshare message box and e-mail account monthly from the time the offer began until the bonus period ended. I never deleted them.

I used the linkshare publisher support form. I got an answer by explaining the issue and asking if they had any info. Linkshare gave me an answer from shutterfly. They said it was an "accident" and as a gesture of good faith they paid those who "reached out to us" before the cut off date.

ABW Ambassador
    I got the bonus too. I kept writing to them since I reached the number much before the promotion ended. Every time I got a different response till the point Asham, the AM, left.

I think it was a big screw up on their part or may be on the AM's part, which may be the reason she had to leave. They kept on sending the email numerous times and never mentioned it was for new affs only. The number of sales needed to qualify was low by any standard.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread