http and a telephoto
    Posted with permission: About Scott Campbell's Wife Julie
    Some of you knew and some didn't, Scott told me I could post this so you would all know:

To let you all know, my wife Julie passed away on Friday Dec 12 after two long years of fighting cancer. She was the love of my life and I will remember forever all the great times we had. She fought harder than I ever could have imagined. I will not fill this with details, but I know many of you have inquired over the past months and I thank you for that and wanted you all to know.
    Scott is one of the "good guys" and I want to extend my sincere condolences to him and his family. I never met Julie, but we talked about her through the years and I even had the pleasure of hearing her in Skype once or twice.

In case you were wondering, that was what my last bump of the "Life's Too Short" thread was about.....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Very sad news Condolences to Scott and his family.

Truly sorry for your loss Scott.

So sorry to hear this. Our condolences, Scott.

Bill & Nancy
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Scott. My deepest condolences.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Condolences to you and your family Scott, wish there were better words.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I am very sorry, Scott.

I am sorry to hear this tonight, Scott. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be.

-sfcom

As posted elsewhere, my sincere condolences, Scott.

Geno

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Scott,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and I grieve along with you for it. When you think of how large the world is, and how many people there are in it, to know you were able to find the one person who completes you is a pretty amazing gift.

If I can do anything, please reach out.

Hugs, strength and prayers,

Kim
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I am sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Very sorry to hear about this, my condolences on your deep loss.

Scott,
    I am so very sorry for your loss.
    She will always be with you.
    dyan
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

"Scott is one of the "good guys""
    I have read that several times online. Unfortunately, I don't really know who he is other than what I've read.

Scott - please accept my condolences to both you and your family. I'm really very sorry that your wife had this terrible disease and that you and your family had to live thru it with her. I realize no words can help to ease any of your pain but please try to hold onto the thought that she won't be suffering anymore from it.

I'm very happy for you that you did find her and for all the special times you had together. Please try to always think of those times, all those happy times you spent together instead of letting any of the sad from the last two years creep into your thoughts and try to take some comfort remembering all those good times The love of your life definitely wouldn't want to see you sad, so please remember that. Anytime you feel that way, please try to just think of those special times you had together.

Again, am very sorry and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Scott,

You are so loved in this community because of the person you are. My heart is breaking for you even though I know you're gonna be fine through your current battle.

Sending you loving energy and strength to get through this difficult time.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    "Scott is one of the "good guys""
    I have read that several times online. Unfortunately, I don't really know who he is other than what I've read.
    He is a soft-spoken, but very eloquent and compassionate man that you would like if you met him. We need to get you to an Affiliate Summit so you *can* meet him He hasn't been around here much the past year or so because of caring for his wife while working from home. Again, it goes to show why some of us love our "jobs" and why some of us *need* to work from home. Scott can attest to the fact that due to working from home he was able to do more with Julie in the last year than if he had a "day job".

He promises to be around more once the dust settles.
    Deborah Carney

My deepest condolences Scott.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Sorry to hear. My condolences, Scott.

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. I am sorry I have not been by sooner to say thanks. I feel bad having people read bad news like this, geez, who wants to read about this stuff, especially people who really don't know me or Julie. But, at the same time I know many of you want to know as there are those of you also know the ups and downs we've been through the last 2 years.

I know when I spoke to Donuts on the phone, he said that some people are not sure what to say, or if to say, or whatever, but please say whatever you want. I am ok with it and Julie would have been as well. Nothing with us was ever a big secret and this should not be either. This business certainly lends itself to keeping secrets and I hope you all can take a step aside and say this does not always need to be, certainly not here. People are much more important than business.

The last few days have been all about family flying in and out of town, but the company will be nice now, hearing from you all. It's been a long time since I have been alone around here and I expect that to be the toughest part.

I will leave you all a few details here and if anyone wants to know more, I have actually been keeping a diary on a blog for her friends and family that I can give you a link to if you want to know more. I started it nearly 2 years ago in the hopes that one day, it might give someone hope or even just some solace knowing that someone else had been through what they were going through. The last two months are not written up yet, but I will complete it soon.

Julie was the love of my life, the girl of my dreams and while she is in a much better place now, I will miss her for a long, long time to come. I am so lucky to have spent the last 17 years married to her. She brought joy to everyone we knew, especially me, and there were about 300 people that showed up for the funeral monday, even though if she had her way, we all would have met for ten minutes and headed to the bar to have fun.

She never wanted things to be about her. Certainly, even this would have been something she would have thought was over the top.

She fought so hard to beat the cancer over the last two years and the doctors that took such good care of her gave us an extra year together that we never would have had without them. Every day this last year has been extra special. It is so hard to know that just 7 months ago, the cancer was gone, she was full of life. When it came back, it came with a vengeance that just couldn't be stopped.

After starting the chemo and radiation the first time a year ago in October, the cancer was in remission the whole spring and we were given time together that I never could have had without the treatments. The second round of treatments in August and September were a big test, and this time, she was better for a much shorter time.

Still, she fought and fought. It was only 2 weeks ago monday when she said to me that she knew she would not be able to beat it and I am so glad that once that happened, it was so quick.

As Loxly said, it was huge being in a business like this where I could be by her side every single day to hold her hand and cheer her on.

My brother put together a dvd of pictures we had giving us many happy memories to talk about at the funeral Monday and he is going to put that on you tube since so many people wanted a copy of it. I will let you all know when that is up. That will give you all a taste of what I got to see.

So many of you guys never got to meet her because the one thing she did not like to do was fly, so did not come to conventions with me since they were so far away, but she knew all about you guys and often would read things posted here.

Thanks again for the kind words, and to let you know, I am doing just fine. One plus in having that extra year is that we got to talk about a lot of things that might have gone unsaid without that time. I cannot tell you how important that is right now.

You'll be seeing more of me round here since my time is not filled with the care I have been giving over the last few months. See you soon! Thanks again for all the kind words.

Scott, don't feel bad that you have bad news. That is just the facts of life. It is that fact that grounds us and reminds us that we too are mortals. I don't know you but I sure feel your pain and I know others do too. Take time to heal. You may be still in shock and disbelief right now, but soon grief will come. You are lucky you had the time you did with her and were able to say good bye and record your memories in a blog. The benefits of the internet! Cherish those moments and take care.

Ladidah - Thanks for the kind words. Part of that came from even having a friend, loxly, needing to put "posted with permission" :-) Shock, disbelief, grief, loneliness and many more emotions have been with me this week. The toughest one is the loneliness, for sure.

Rexanne thanks for the hug and thanks for the thoughts. Now we will have to play more wheel of fortune, that was her favorite game.

Purplebear, you are so right! The last thing she ever would have wanted was for me to be saddened.

Loxly, thanks for posting this, you know I wasn't sure either how to jump into a thread about such an event.

There are no words, but any word at all is a wonderful touch from each of you for just taking the time to say anything at all. I certainly wouldn't know what to say to someone. Nor, quite sure how to respond, ha, ha.

So Haiko, Angel, Kim, Geno, Gary, Eric, guinness618, 2busy, sfcom, msladybug, Bill, calebtheredwood, 1stAngel thanks so much. Some of you I know, some of you I have never met, but this is the kind of thing that makes it better just knowing you all could take the time to say something. Thanks.

http and a telephoto
    You'll be fine, but as a person I hardly knew told me after Dan died, it *will* get worse before it gets better.... but it *will* get better. She had lost a son as well and she told me this 20 years after her loss. Trust me Scott, she was right. Rely on yourself AND your friends during the "worse" part, please. It's what got me through.
    Deborah Carney

http and a telephoto
    I put "posted with permission" because I would never share such private info in public without being sure the person it was about was ok with it. When Chris died I had my daughter to be my "messenger" and make sure the people that needed to know, knew and knew in a way that they could respond and let me know they were thinking of me, without me feeling the pressure of needing to communicate myself when I was not in a mood, or able to do so very coherently.

Deborah Carney

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread