Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Nazis in America, oh, and Walmart is part of it
    If you haven't heard this story in the news today, get ready for this: Holland Township man names son after Adolf Hitler
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    This is not a surprise. It's not shocking, either. There are crackpots of every stripe supporting extreme causes across the entire spectrum of political and social thought and belief. These people are generally uneducated, unsophisticated and socially or mentally impaired. I suppose I'm resigned to accepting that I have to coexist with people like this but there are no laws against being a wacko. If there were we would all be in jeopardy.

15 years and counting
    I read the story, seems like the site is down, now. It's so sad for the kids.

Adolf (without the Hitler) is such a cool name, itís damn a shame how a single person gave it a bad reputation.

Was doin my exercising other day while watching the View and heard em talkin bout that. Reaaaaaalllly makes me mad that there are people like that but this is reaaaalllly a disgrace cos of what they've done to both their children (didn't click link cos was supposed to be down) but the sister has a name, too that those poor children are gonna have to pay the price for their parent's ignorance. Wrong, wrong, wrong... absolutely no exucse for naming a child that. Just hope despite the name he doesn't grow up to be filled with so much hate

15 years and counting
    The site is back. Maybe they were overload.

ooooooh they did it to 3 of their children. That is soooooo unfair to do to a child Agree with the psychologist, they have really messed with their poor kids minds by doin that.

ABW Ambassador
    Those parents are messed up and those kids are going to have a hard life. Thinking about school, getting a job with that name, all kinds of problems. Hopefully those kids survive their bad parents, somehow escape that ignorance and get a name change as soon as they're able and break the cycle and don't to the same dumb **** if they ever have kids.

ABW Ambassador
    It is one thing having your own views, but to force something like that onto a child is unforgivable.

Imagine a child called Adolf Hitler learning about Germany in history lessons at school. Those lessons are not exactly going to paint a favorable picture of his namesake

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    This is not a surprise. It's not shocking, either. There are crackpots of every stripe supporting extreme causes across the entire spectrum of political and social thought and belief.
    And if we all remember that we're only as strong as our weakest links, we'll be better off.

This is a horrible story. Yes, the children will be messed up, not just because their names will cause problems for them in their lives (and they will) but because their parents are filled with nasty energy and ignorance that their children will absorb by default.

I think making a judgment call on anyone exercising free will is a mistake and I'm also fine with a store refusing or not to add the kid's name to a birthday cake.

Being able to stand strong on our ethical and moral beliefs is what makes America the country it is. Being able to refuse a customer request without fear of the ACLU coming after you would be a step in the right direction.

In the long run, we all have the right to stand for what we believe and if Mr and Mrs Nazi-lovers want to name their kids what they did, they, too, are allowed that right. The freaking ACLU and other activists that claim a business "must offer service" are propagating exactly what they are supposedly fighting against.

I applaud a business that doesn't accept money from a customer whose request they deem offensive. And if a business doesn't find adding that name to a birthday cake offensive, fine, too. It will all be washed through publicity and people will support the companies they feel an alignment with and shun those they don't.

As much as many of us might find these children's names offensive and ignorant, there are probably as many who think they're just dandy.

Tolerance is amazingly difficult but vital to our well-being as a nation and overall humanity. Education is key. Eventually, we might all see things the same way or not but with such vast differences in thinking and cultures, we all best learn to "get along" and accept that we have some pretty weak links in the chain of humanity, which means the stronger links need to help those weaker links along or we'll all collapse.

And remembering that "everyone thinks they're right" is another key to accepting this crap. "Judge less, love more" is probably the only reasonable conclusion.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rexanne you should run for president, that was very well put and a remarkably well adjusted view.....

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stAngel
    Rexanne you should run for president, that was very well put and a remarkably well adjusted view.....

You should read some of her other posts. Well worth reading

Awesome view of the world and one I heartily agree with.. I will go look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAngel
    Thank you FirstAngel (and Julian) - It's easy to "talk" - not quite as easy to walk the walk - I'm a mom so spouting off comes naturally ... LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Imagine a child called Adolf Hitler learning about Germany in history lessons at school. Those lessons are not exactly going to paint a favorable picture of his namesake
    Just a guess but I'd imagine these kids are probably homeschooled to keep them away from learning too much. If not then history lessons would probably be the least of their worries to say the least.
    [B]Kier Marston[/B] - Account Manager
    Email/AIM/MSN: Kier@webgains.com
    [URL=http://us.webgains.com/affiliates.html]Join Webgains[/URL] , Read [URL=http://usablog.webgains.com/]our blog[/URL]

Damn no they haven't started school yet:

"Despite the cake refusal, the Campbells said they don't expect the names to cause problems later, such as when the children start school. "

I feel sorry for those kids. They are gonna get such a beatdown.
    [B]Kier Marston[/B] - Account Manager
    Email/AIM/MSN: Kier@webgains.com
    [URL=http://us.webgains.com/affiliates.html]Join Webgains[/URL] , Read [URL=http://usablog.webgains.com/]our blog[/URL]

Generally uneducated, unsophisticated and socially or mentally impaired people do homeschooling of their children and make a great effort to buffer them from the real world. They call it a "close family" or whatever to make it sound good. They avoid anyone who is more educated, sophisticated or more intelligent than themselves. They praise their children when they act, speak and think as they do. That way they won't be considered the only wackos in the family. They tell their children they are what they are because it's just a family trait, something to be proud of. And it continues to go on from generation to generation.
    ~Ernie

I loved this quote from their mum "I just figured that they're just names, They're just kids. They're not going to hurt anybody."

And I'll bet Walmart have a Christmas cake with Rudolph on it. Just not Rudolph Hess.

Quote Originally Posted by erninator
    Generally uneducated, unsophisticated and socially or mentally impaired people do homeschooling of their children and make a great effort to buffer them from the real world. They call it a "close family" or whatever to make it sound good. They avoid anyone who is more educated, sophisticated or more intelligent than themselves. They praise their children when they act, speak and think as they do. That way they won't be considered the only wackos in the family. They tell their children they are what they are because it's just a family trait, something to be proud of. And it continues to go on from generation to generation.
    I am holding myself back from going on my famous "universal education" rant but well said, Ern!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    Update -

Parents lose custody of Nazi-named children
    Agency removes 3-year-old named Adolf Hitler, 2 sisters from N.J. home

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28655143/?GT1=43001

hmm didn't give specific reasons but hope they're ok. ( that they didn't suffer any kinda physical abuse or anything) The little girl pictured is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Update -

Parents lose custody of Nazi-named children
    Agency removes 3-year-old named Adolf Hitler, 2 sisters from N.J. home

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28655143/?GT1=43001
    Sure wish there was a reason given - As appalling as their names are to me, I still would be horrified if the kids were taken away from their parents just because of their names.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

They would have to show some sort of abuse in order to confiscate the kids.
    They don't have a legal basis for yanking kids away based upon their names. Unfortunately, you can name your kid Lucifer or Dwebo and you are not breaking any laws.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Evangelist
    They would have to show some sort of abuse in order to confiscate the kids.
    They don't have a legal basis for yanking kids away based upon their names. Unfortunately, you can name your kid Lucifer or Dwebo and you are not breaking any laws.
    The should show some sort of abuse but if the people at the agency deem the names in and of themselves are abusive, what then? The parents are sure to get the children back and if they get the right lawyer they will get a lot of money besides. It would have been better to call the parents in for counseling, even shorten the names to protect the children from ridicule once they start going to school.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

I may be wrong, but my many years of worldly experience tells me that white supremacists are not going to be receptive to counseling.

The kids will likely be screwed up no matter what happens. This is no different that the indoctrination of children that is so common in the Middle East. When the seeds of hatred are planted at an early age, the roots grow very deep.
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread