Thumbs up Starting Second SAS Program...Need Help
    Ok, well in October I joined up to promote my long time business via an affiliate program. I have a very niche product and so far results are luke warm.

Well im going to try one more time for the new year with another business I have that is a bit more broad. What im looking for though is a bit more guidance to promote and make it very successful.

The product I will be dealing with is domain names. These will be used for anyone to purchase to build new websites, blogs, ecommerce sites etc. There is a HUGE audience within the domain community but looking to expand it more to those who will put the domain name to use ie; webdesigners, affiliate marketers, seo hounds, bloggers etc.

What is the BEST way (besides word of mouth) to get the correct type of people to join and promote the program? I heard a lot of talk on Affiliate Managers but it sounds very expensive LOL.

What ideas do you have to promote your own business no matter how specific it may be. What do you consider a good marketing budget? Is the $75 post here to post about your new program worth it? I want to hear from those who are both making money and not making a dime.

anyone with ideas???

I thought by this time that someone might have directed you to the "Becoming a Merchant" forum here. These topics have been discussed many many times and you can get much more info there.
    At the top of the page where it says:
    Nav: ABW > Forum > Shareasale > Shareasale Affiliate Forum , just click on Forum and scroll down to the section.

BTW Many of the OPMs will be happy to offer a free consultation to help you decide whether their services are right for your program.
    Good luck

Also wanted to mention that even a very mainstream program can take months to show results and niche programs even more. In October affiliates are ramping up and fine tuning long term projects, not so much seeking new programs to start. After the New Year you may see more interest as the "reconstruction" begins. IMHO an announcement is an excellent investment because it allows you to present your program to the full spectrum of active affiliates on ABW, allows for feedback on any issues and lets everyone think about how they might promote your program if it is something no one's doing much with. Niche is a good thing generally and needs to find the right interested parties.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread