New York may tax even more online...

The best way to kill an economic recovery is heavy taxation, especially on things that remain affordable and popular in hard times like movie tickets,
    One person seems to understand how things work over there.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Who's gonna be the first one to throw a shoe at NYS law makers?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Who's gonna be the first one to throw a shoe at NYS law makers?
    Maybe SNL will do a skit where a reporter throws a shoe at the Governor, hitting him of course because he wouldn't be able to see it coming.

I think their making fun of his blindness was very tasteless.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

Affiliate Manager
    No one likes more taxes, but NY has to raise the revenue some how. Some of the taxes make sense, and some of them don't. But while movie tickets are more "affordable" than a Broadway show or a Yankees game, I wouldn't call $12 for a movie ticket cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant
    No one likes more taxes, but NY has to raise the revenue some how. Some of the taxes make sense, and some of them don't. But while movie tickets are more "affordable" than a Broadway show or a Yankees game, I wouldn't call $12 for a movie ticket cheap.
    They could always cut spending. Or cut taxes to make NY more business friendly. More businesses = more jobs. More jobs = more revenue.

Raising taxes doesn't always result in the revenue increase expected because human activity adjusts.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    They could always cut spending. Or cut taxes to make NY more business friendly. More businesses = more jobs. More jobs = more revenue.

Raising taxes doesn't always result in the revenue increase expected because human activity adjusts.
    Amen
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Yesterday I took a walk and opened my front door and took a deep breath and a tax guy came up to me and wanted to charge me a tax on clean air use.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Yesterday I took a walk and opened my front door and took a deep breath and a tax guy came up to me and wanted to charge me a tax on clean air use.
    and I bet you exhaled Carbon Dioxide. Didn't you know CO2 is a nasty, polluting, greenhouse gas. How dare you breath! Next thing you know we'll be paying a carbon tax to exhale. Inhaling will still be free.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The budget would tax digital downloads such as iTunes movies, TV shows and music...
    They tried this in California early this year, and it never got out of committee because wiser politicians realized they would be cutting their own throats to impose new taxes on the vital but struggling entertainment and music industries in California.
    ... and would end sales-tax exemptions on movie tickets, cable TV, satellite TV and radio, and entertainment and sporting events. All have been exempt from the state's sales tax.
    Sales taxes have traditionally been imposed ONLY on the purchase of actual, tangible products. Attempts to impose "sales" taxes on intangible items, such as services and signals have gained favor in recent years, but few such taxes has won enough support to pass, and the legalities are yet to reach a final determination. Sales taxes on the transitory use of seats by virtue of a two-or-three-hour license, are imposed in many states.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread