Issue in reporting
    Program 1 shows that a sale happened today at 5am. My Able Commerce reports show that it happened on the 11th a 9 pm

Program2 the same sale has come through for the same affiliate two days in a row. the order # on the sale is about 1000 orders ahead of where we are as of today.

I have put in a ticket with SAS.

Is anyone else seeing anything like this?
    Last edited by ReneeM; December 18th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    ReneeM,

Do you have any ShareASale tracking code on any other page besides your order confirmation... such as the "Reciept" that a customer could go look at at a later date? If so, it is possible to send sale data to us on multiple occasions, thus causing things similar to this.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

We have our tracking on the order confirmation page. I talked to our tech guy here and he said that if the customer went to that order confirmation page again on the order it may have shown up as a second sale. apparently if they log in in they can get back to that page. I am going to have that changed.

So i am thinking that may explain the 2 sales, but I have not figured our why the tracking # on that is so far off from our current order #'s.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    The old number could come from an old sale where a customer revisited the page at a later date.

It is important that the tracking information only display on the action of a completed sale... with most commerce systems this should be possible.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thank you, I have my IT department looking into it. It is strange that I haven't seen duplicate order before. But I will have them figure it out. the order number that was out of order is actual from an order that hasn't happened yet. In fact according to our pace we won't hit that order #till the middle of January.

What is more concerning to me is the order that did not track for over a week. I have passed that info on to your IT dept. I am waiting to hear back from them.

thank you for your quick response

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeM
    We have our tracking on the order confirmation page. I talked to our tech guy here and he said that if the customer went to that order confirmation page again on the order it may have shown up as a second sale. apparently if they log in in they can get back to that page. I

So i am thinking that may explain the 2 sales, but I have not figured our why the tracking # on that is so far off from our current order #'s.
    This has happened to me a few times and I had to do reversals!!! I hate this because it makes my EPC look crappy... ( I 99.9% of the time do not chargeback) unless it's been one of these duplicates.

" am going to have that changed." Let me know how you do it

Stuck between a tuna and a cheeburger in paradise.

El Poopie Nubert
    "The Great One"
    One notch below having my own logo, coin, flag, presidency and power Muhaaaaa!!!

Merry Christmas
    I'll bring you back a cold one
    Broken down and fat in Laughlin, NV.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread