Question affilistore
    Has anyone heard of affilistore ? (UK Based) They provide a free website but you data feed from your aff merchants and I dont think Amazon or ebay provide it ?
    any clue if this can be used ? or any other sites that are US based that provide this type of site ?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    The last time I checked they don't give you a website. It is software the you install on your host for showing datafeeds as catalogs.

Affilistore uses CSV datafeeds for importing affiliate products. It doesn't matter who provides the feeds, but Amazon for example does not provide you with a feed in this format. I remember stumbling on a third party application that allowed you to create such a feed though. I can't remember the URL on top of my head, but if you're interested I'll try to look it up again.

Affilistore seems to be mostly suited towards making a price comparison site. I briefly tested it about six months ago but found it a little bit difficult to work with, as the instructions provided weren't all that clear.

Visiting the site now however, it seems they have a new version out - so perhaps it has gotten a little bit better.

As it is free it is certainly worth checking out, if you are looking to create a comparison shopping/review site.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MicHawk

Affilistore seems to be mostly suited towards making a price comparison site. I briefly tested it about six months ago but found it a little bit difficult to work with, as the instructions provided weren't all that clear.
    well not exactly, its not like for example pricetapestry script but it looks more or less like a price comparison site at the end...

although from my experience its more efficient if its used to build a niche site around a particular line of products ie watches, baby products, furniture and so forth...

at the end its free with a good "support" via its forum so i believe it worths a try

Quote Originally Posted by KGP
    well not exactly, its not like for example pricetapestry script but it looks more or less like a price comparison site at the end...
    Well, price comparison site is what they call it...

But I agree with you that it is probably much easier to use it as niche site, as formatting the feeds and updating prices for a real price comparison site would quickly become a chore with this software (the version I tested, anyway).

On a side note, the competition in the price comparison market is pretty tough - but if you can find a smaller niche and somehow do it better than the big sites I think you may still have a real shot.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread