The Great Wait of 08 is FINALLY OVER!!! Sundin signs with Canucks!
    I know many of you who follow hockey are probably really bored with this subject, but for those of you who do care, Sundin finally made a decision to sign with the Canucks!!!

Being from Vancouver, I have some mixed emotions about this. On one hand, our team technically does get better with a veteran whose shown he can perform at a high level, but on the other hand, I dont know if that skill is worth $10 (prorated). Also, now, our youngens who've worked really hard to make the team and be an impact player (like raymond, hansen, and to a lesser extend, grabner and/or hodgson) now have to take a back seat and wait at least one more year. Having said that, I'm glad this long, drawn out tale is finally over, and I hope that my concerns are all dumbfounded and that the Canucks really do become a better team.

Now if Luongo can get back from injury

I didn't know Canada still had any NHL teams

Just kidding. Thanks for sending us Gretzky. He's doing a great job coaching a young Coyote team.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

haha, hope your not being sarcastic. although turris is looking like he's going to be a great impact player one day. Speed, skill, and great hands, can be up there with the likes of kane or toews (chicago)

I'm not being sarcastic about Gretzky. Coaching is not the same as playing, so when he started it was a toss up as to wether or not he could make the transition. After watching for a few years, I think he's doing well. The Coyotes are taking the approach of building from within through the draft, as opposed to signing veterans. They have a bunch of good young players, who at times look brilliant, and other times make rookie mistakes. Hopefully it will work.

Turris is coming along; picked up his first 2 goal game last night.

I wish Phoenix supported the team more. We're heading up to see them on the 27th. Should be fun.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

Outsourced Program Manager RogerSnow's Avatar
    It's interesting that they won't stick him with the Sedins. They are going with Demitra and Wellwood. I hope they go for the Team Sweden power play unit.

Sedin - Sundin - Sedin - Ohlund - Edler
    Roger Snow | Team Manager | Snow Consulting, Inc.
    email: info AT snow-consulting.com | View Our Clients & Affiliate Blogs | MSN: ramschamps@hotmail.com | AIM: RogerColorGuy | GoogleTalk: snowconsulting9 | Skype: snowconsulting

haha, that's great to hear greywolf. always good to hear that there are still some out there willing to give hockey a chance in the US. I really hope that it can really pick up down there and that teams start filling out some of their arenas....scary in places like florida and nasville.

and yes, sundin will play with the sedins on the PP for sure! in terms of regular line ups, you just never know with vinegualt, he switches things up every period, lol

Sundin or otherwise, without Luongo, I feel the Nucks season is pointless. What's his current status?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

he had a slight setback a couple of weeks ago in practice and is back to week-to-week.

however, there are reports he's getting better and should be back with the team some time in january.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread