Anyone use Herman Miller chairs?
    My office chair won't stop squeaking , so I'm gonna buy a new one, but I can't decide if I should buy a normal $200 one or get out the big bucks for one of those $1000 Herman Miller Aeron Chairs. Does anyone use one, are they worth it?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't use one, but I can't imagine them being worth the money.

Although, if you sit down all day, you need a very good chair. So maybe they are worth it?

I bought the Herman Miller Mirra about a year ago. I love it. Very comfortable.

On Tuesday for the first time ever, I sat in the top of the line Aeron chair with headrest and lumbar -- Holy Fudge, that chair is Comfy! Expensive, but worth it. usedaeronchair.com opened on GAN, sign up and use your link
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Best investment I've ever made plus it's a tax deduction (Ergohuman)
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

what leeann said. ^^+1

Cool, sounds like I'm going to buy one

My biggest issue with sitting all day is, I think, because of the seat part of the chair. My legs ache and, from crossing my feet to keep changing positions, my feet ache as well. One chair I've been looking at is well padded in the seat http://www.csnchairs.com/Global-Tota...BK-GB1857.html.

The chair I use now was a gift from my wife and is the best chair I ever had but doesn't solve my restless legs. Perhaps the Global Concorde will fix that.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    You know I used a $300 Global Chair and liked it a lot. I got it at Office Max. It was just like this one:
    http://www.csnchairs.com/Global-Tota...17-GB2231.html

It was much easier to swing than an Aeron. Add a good ergo arm rest / mouse pad combo and you are in AM heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    My biggest issue with sitting all day is, I think, because of the seat part of the chair. My legs ache and, from crossing my feet to keep changing positions, my feet ache as well.
    Greg, Not sure any chair will fix your aches. Have you considered short exercise breaks?
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

I have the $60.00 office chair from Costco and didn't install the armrests (I don't do the whole armrest thing).

Cheap, Comfortable, and it sits better than the Herman Miller one I used to have..

ABW Ambassador
    Worth it. And as Haiko points out, get the extras with the extra adjustments. Your back, legs, ass, etc will love you for getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    Greg, Not sure any chair will fix your aches. Have you considered short exercise breaks?
    Yes, I try to get up every hour or so when you sit in the same chair from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM, there's only so much relief I can expect so adjust the height every now and then.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I used to sell ergonomic chairs in a showroom. Herman Miller is over-priced and over-rated. It is really more of a status thing because it appears in movies.

Check out Global Chair in Marlton NJ - I chose their Obus Form chair. Most comfortable working chair I've ever owned.

You might also want to look at Hag Chairs. They are the original designer of those kneeling chairs, but they have some excellent executive chairs too. Another good manufacturer is Bodyform.

Good Luck!
    -Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adamf
    Check out Global Chair in Marlton NJ - I chose their Obus Form chair. Most comfortable working chair I've ever owned.
    Ummmm flying over to Marlton NJ to try a chair would be a little hard for me to do

I'll look up the ones you recommended, I haven't seen those brands yet. Thanks

I sat in one at a hotel once and loved it. Right now I am using one of our dining room chairs. Not very comfy for more than a few minutes. In my office upstairs, I have a Costco cheapie. A lot more comfortable than what I'm in now, but I would love a HM.

I have been know to scan Craigslist for them in the past. Kinda the same way most people drool over the BMW M class cars. Look but can't buy. I mean, it is just kinda hard to justify that purchase to the *boss*. Maybe I'll add it to my bucket list.

Post pics if you get one. I can imagine you will have a huge smile on your face. When I sat in one, I had the feeling that you get when you are out mattress shopping and finally come across the right one. You don't care then if that mattress has a 10 or 20 year warranty or if it isn't on sale. All you can think of is that one.

-sfcom

I sat on Herman Miller back in elementry school, cracked his ribs. He screamed... a squeek would have been welcome.

Red Bottomed for life,

Poopie Nubert
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

My wife bought me a Grahl chair for my birthday.

At the same time she bought one of those ergonomic arm rests and the Evoluent Mouse which is like an upright mouse.

It all takes some getting used to, but when you consider how much time we all must spend sat on our backsides clicking away it's got to be a good invesment!

Shimmy,

It isn't necessary to fly to Marlton NJ. Global is the forth largest chair manufacturer in the world. I believe they are based in Canada and their wholesale distribution point is out of Marlton NJ. But just about every office furniture retailer does business with Global. Unlike Steelcase and Herman Miller which are contract lines, Global is more like Hon - they have a broad line that covers many price points. Just call your local dealer and ask them if they carry the Global Obus form chair. Or better still, call Marlton NJ information, get Global's number and ask them if they know a dealership near you that has the Obus form chair on the showroom floor. If you can find a showroom that has both the Herman Miller and the Obus form on the same floor, you can try them both and you'll see - the Obus form blows everything else away.

Take Care,
    Adam

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread