Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Newbie Here that Needs Some Advice
    Ok, I won't post my URL or Link, but I need some more experience and successful Bloggers in Affiliate marketing to lend my a hand here. I started my blog about a month ago. The subject matter is totally related specifically to helping men figure out how to better their opportunities and chances in getting girlfriends and wives. The content that I am using to draw people to my site is only my articles. I have an intense interest in this area so I don't mind doing an article ever 2nd day for my blog. Usually, at the end of the article I recommend a set of self-development products that I belive will assist the reader, and, that is totally connected to the content of the article.
    The problem is of course that I don't know how to get people to my site, ie., traffic. I think i'm doing the actual product linking the right way, but I just can't seem to get people to my site to read and buy anything. How do I do this?
    If I give the name of my site is that alright here on ABestWeb? I hope so.

The site's name is: Masucline Advice Now

I don't want anyone here to buy anything whatsoever, but I do want some really good advice on how to get people to my site. I do not have any money to spend on paid advertising. Also, I have joined MyBlogLog and am in the process of joining a lot of other people's sites just to get my site some exposure. But that's going to take a long time forsure.
    Thus far I haven't made one sale from my site and personally, I think that the articles that I have written are very good.
    I got this site address from Amazon because they sent me an email noting that I haven't made any sales, therefore, they evidently believe that I could get some good advice here on how to get traffic to my site.
    It's very much appreciated people.

Formulaone

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of info here. Take a look around, read lots and lots, then come back and ask some questions

Really slow opening Took quite a while and I am on broadband.. your permalinks are in place so you will get noticed pretty quickly. Took me a week to start getting good hits. Just keep your keywords appropriate to the content of that post and thats a great start. Dont like the theme... but thats personal taste.

Good luck!

Hi 1stAngel, I appreciate the reply that you made. You say that it took you a week to start getting some good hit counts. Ok, what did you do to get your site known? I have been at this for a month now and I'm not getting appreciable hits yet. Also, how many hits are you getting per day at your site?
    I'll think of more questions later. Now, can you give me the address of your site so I can have a look at it for comparison. I would appreciate that. I'm sure the admins wouldn't mind if I'm asking for the address.
    Imagine that, I hardly even know you and I'm already asking for your address. I didn't even get your phone number first.
    Anyways, thanks.

Formulaone

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by formulaone
    Hi 1stAngel, I appreciate the reply that you made. You say that it took you a week to start getting some good hit counts. Ok, what did you do to get your site known? I have been at this for a month now and I'm not getting appreciable hits yet. Also, how many hits are you getting per day at your site?
    I'll think of more questions later. Now, can you give me the address of your site so I can have a look at it for comparison. I would appreciate that. I'm sure the admins wouldn't mind if I'm asking for the address.
    Imagine that, I hardly even know you and I'm already asking for your address. I didn't even get your phone number first.
    Anyways, thanks.

Formulaone
    Excuse me while I gag!

LOL I facebook, I twitter, I do LOADS of things to make sure people know me LOL (Sorry bit giddy tonight so wont make much sense) er I better not give you the link coz I havent got permission, but I used my permalinks, facebooked, went around loads of sites and put it in my profile you always get.... erm... what else... er not thinking straight, its 3:04a, and I am tired.. will come back later after sleep and chat more LOL Sorry

1stAngel...How many hits per day are you getting using those methods?
    Are you ever going to use PPC advertising when you make enough sales?
    Do you make any sales? Do you make any money from your site?
    It is a blog?

Later

formulaone

Dude! Slow down! Affiliate marketing is a very competitive arena. People aren't just gonna go handing out their URL's and pertinent info about hits, money, etc. You need to walk before you can run. Sit back with a cold drink in hand and read everything you can on this forum. The search feature is your friend. THAT'S how you learn the business....

Thus far I haven't made one sale from my site and personally, I think that the articles that I have written are very good.
    I got this site address from Amazon because they sent me an email noting that I haven't made any sales ...
    I took a look at your site.
    • You could make your title byline shorter & snappier.
    • Your paragraphs of your article could improve with structure.
    • Your writing is a little "too drawn out." Your writing style could be improved.
    • Focus more on copywriting in order to sell products.

You could find tips here:
    http://www.marketingprofs.com/

Here's a good tip:
    Your Marketing Inspiration: "Rather than pushing marketing messages out ..." says Handley, "[engage] with your customers on an entirely different level." Use the tools and social platforms they use; start a dialogue, not a monologue; and produce content they want to consume.
    http://www.marketingprofs.com/news/m...=726&cd=dmo121
    Last edited by Rhia7; December 18th, 2008 at 11:08 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Ok.... is it a dot com, because I wanted to look before my first response to see if I could give a few suggestions, but every time I've tried to go to it, it comes back empty....

Wow, is my writing really that bad?? I have unstructured paragraphs, poor sentence structure, and poor copywriting.
    I was being careful about the copywriting because I didn't want to come across too much of a salesman. I wanted to concentrate on the content and then at the end of each article just let my reader know about some products that were pertinent to the problem discussed in the article.
    So you are saying that I should spend more space in each article actually selling the actual products and demonstrating their worth for my reader?
    Thanks for the feedback

Actually, it's a *.blogspot.com

Formulaone

Your title & acronym are a great combination but then your immediate byline detracts from the initial attraction.

You don't need:
    The Stated Function of [i.e. My Site] is to ...
    Just create a short & snappy byline to go with your very good title & acronym. State it, don't say you will state it; you are not writing an introductory thesis to a scientific article.

Wow, is my writing really that bad?? I have unstructured paragraphs, poor sentence structure, and poor copywriting.
    While it's not that bad you still could use some improvement and remember that you are writing blog entries for readers with limited attention spans. I don't intend that as an insult: every viewer's attention span on the Internet is brief.
    You need to keep things interesting, to the point and "punchy."

As quoted above in my other post you need to "engage" the viewer; listing a bunch of products at the end isn't engaging the reader.
    You'd do better to incorporate a product & review within your blog entry [try it via text].
    I was being careful about the copywriting because I didn't want to come across too much of a salesman.
    I'm not saying that.
    I wanted to concentrate on the content and then at the end of each article just let my reader know about some products that were pertinent to the problem discussed in the article.
    You can still do that, but blend the product link with your content. You can still place the group of picture product links at the end but always keep in mind the connection.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Moreoever, If I have a *.com as opposed to a free site and have a *.blogspot.com address, with this affect my traffic numbers and the popularity of my site? Maybe the fact that I have a free site and not a *.com, is affecting my site's popularity.
    How much is it to buy a *.com blog site?

Thanks

Formulaone

Moreoever, If I have a *.com as opposed to a free site and have a *.blogspot.com address, with this affect my traffic numbers and the popularity of my site? Maybe the fact that I have a free site and not a *.com, is affecting my site's popularity.
    How much is it to buy a *.com blog site?
    You can put your blogger blog on your paid hosting [you wouldn't call it blogspot].
    I pay $10 a month hosting with 1 & 1.
    You might want to perform a search for other hosting options.
    Last edited by Rhia7; December 19th, 2008 at 12:05 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia7...How about if I also decreased the length of the articles as well. I notice that a lot of the blog articles on popular sites are about 150-250 words long. Is that about the right number of words for the average article?
    Ok, the byline. I'll get rid of the redundancy and make it shorter.
    The basic formula then it seems to be, is to keep things short, concise, punchy, and interesting, with no non-essential words or sentences?
    Right?
    I do appreciate your help on this.

Formulaone

You can get a domain name for about 10 bucks.... you would also need hosting.... that's reasonably priced as well....

The formula is: Keep it Sweet & Simple and you'll get a KISS (you'll make a sale).

Off the top of my head a blog that appeals to many people is PerezHilton. Notice that their entries are relatively short.
    It is possible to vary the length to make the entries interesting [i.e. create a rhythm].
    You want the reader to come back

Back in 1923 the Kiplinger Letters became famous and part of their formula was their conciseness.

Don't chop an entry short if the length has a purpose but on the other hand the reader's attention span is important.
    Read Jacob Nielsen's writings on usability. Start with this:
    http://www.useit.com/alertbox/teenagers.html
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Excellent advice. I checked out Perezhilton.com and you are totally right. Their articles are about 100-150 words long. That's it. People don't want essays, they want quick little bites of useful interesing information. I see that now.
    And weaving my product text links into the actual articles is how I will most promote my products from now on.
    Thanks a lot for the great advice. I truly do appreciate it.

Formulaone

There now, that was all under 150 words. Not bad eh. I'm learning already.

Moreoever, If I have a *.com as opposed to a free site ... How much is it to buy a *.com blog site?
    1&1 was my registrar and is my host.
    The $10 package I signed for includes the registration/maintenance [privately in my name] of 3 domains.

I found the 1&1 deal convenient but there has been lots of discussion [and exploration of the pros & cons] about domains & hosting in the ABW forum [so search].
    Last edited by Rhia7; December 19th, 2008 at 12:27 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Listen to Rhia... lots of good advice....

A couple of things... IF you decide that you need a longer post, use a bit more white space.... it's easier to read if you hit the Enter key more often... it looks less intimidating....

And the font could be enlarged some...

Also.... when you display products, I'm seeing like 6 images stacked on top of 2.... if you're going to keep them, I'd ditch the bottom ones.... just keep it to one line.... when I see uneven images like that, it makes me feel like it's not finished for some reason.... if you totally have to do the entire 8 products, make 2 rows of 4 products each to keep them even.... looks less messy....

Take out some of the information currently found in the byline after your title and place it it the "About Me" section of your Blogger blog.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Bigger Font, More Spaces Between Paragraphs, More Even Product Display. More excellent advice, I'll implement your suggestions tonight and tomorrow. This is rather exciting because I am in a sense free from writing such involved articles and can now concentrate on shorter but equally interesting pieces, and weave my product text links in the article text. It makes it so much easier for me. Basically, it's like writing short letters to the editor twice daily.
    Oh, how many articles per day do you all think is best to attract readers?

Thanks

Formulaone

Oh, how many articles per day do you all think is best to attract readers?
    My advice would be stick to the formula of quality not quantity.
    I pay attention to the "inspiration factor"
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Format
    Blogger now lets you utilize labels, you might want to use that to your advantage.

Place your Article Archive above your recommended Necessary Study Guides.

Giving the Necessary Study Guides such an important placement in your navigation is a "turn-off."
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Understood. I'll implement that as well. But why do you think it's such a turn-off?

Formulaone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast