Angry A lot of Missing Commission Sales
    Hi,

I have a lot of missing commission sales recently with a merchant, about 1/3 of my orders were not tracked successfully. I did two test orders by myself, and both orders were tracked successfully. All my visitors click on the same link to place their orders. So, I just don't understand why some orders are tracked successfully, while many of other orders cannot be tracked.

Do you think it is related to users shopping behavior and computer configuration? Or there is other problems?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dzshopping
    Hi,

I have a lot of missing commission sales recently with a merchant, about 1/3 of my orders were not tracked successfully. I did two test orders by myself, and both orders were tracked successfully. All my visitors click on the same link to place their orders. So, I just don't understand why some orders are tracked successfully, while many of other orders cannot be tracked.
    If you're 100% sure your visitors bought something after clicking through from you site then you need documentation (their order numbers, confirmation numbers, copy of the confirmation of sale or whatever they can provide) to back you up.

Do you think it is related to users shopping behavior and computer configuration? Or there is other problems?
    Could be a number of things.

If your visitors had their cookies turned off, the sale would not track.

If they have a "toolbar" on their site from another affiliate (parasite) the sale would divert to them at the last minute if your visitor gave them permission to steal the sale from you.

If you're using an editor that screws with your code, the sale might not track.

You need more information to make a conclusive assessment of why those sales didn't track. There are too many ways a sale can be lost to an affiliate.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

15 years and counting
    about 1/3 of my orders were not tracked successfully
    With a network like LinkShare, you're in the norm. I believe an average of 30% of all sales generated by affiliates are not reported (in the right account). It could be more or less depending of your vertical and your targeted market. 30% being the average.

It would be too long to list all the reasons but Rexanne gave you an idea.
    Just ask you a few questions?
    Why are some merchants so generous with their commissions (Not all, some merchants try to get it both ways)
    Because a network like LinkShare is telling them, all sales are not reported.
    Why so many top brands are accepting so easily to have their sales stolen by parasites?
    Because they know, even if the parasites are costing them 10% of their sales, at least 20% are not reported, so they still win.
    Merchants on LinkShare only report the commissioned sales they wish to attribute to affiliates. You have NO transparency. You're obliged to trust them. And neither LinkShare nor their merchants are trusted third parties.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread