Why should I promote LinkShare programs
    Seems theres more negative information on this forum then good advice on how actually achieve our goals.

The general consensus I'm getting from reading such threads, is that linkshare and its merchants abuse affiliates ?

15 years and counting
    What would be a good advice to achieve your goals? Play audio ads on our sites?

I do very well with a few Linkshare merchants who specifically don't allow incentive sites in their programs. They are niche specific, and look for sites that provide content...

Personally (and for my niche), I can't boycott an entire network, but I have been able to minimize my losses from cookie-stuffing toolbars by avoiding the promotion of those same merchants.

This is the benefit of choosing a niche - the stores I support are a managed group (as opposed to coupon sites, for example, who cover all retail).

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    It varies from case to case.

I used to manage the Wyndham Vacation Resorts programs on Linkshare. I ran a clean program, paid on time and ensured that Linkshare, Wyndham worked together to ensure that affiliates are treated well like a strategic partner. Linkshare's technology in tracking is pretty advance.

If you have a merchant who is out to take you for a ride, there is nothing much you can do. Things to watch out for:
    -15 minute cookie / return duration
    -Non payment or late payment
    -Does not answer to email

Linkshare does pull in lots of big name merchants too

Yes, despite all the negatives, there is still money to be made at LinkShare. But like others have said, you just have to be selective regarding who you choose to work with and promote.

@teezone, yes I read some post on that toolbar thingy, I have to read into that further and see what its about

@Eric Ewe
    '-15 minute cookie / return duration
    '

Hmm I see, but would LinkShare not be responsible to retract such merchants ?

@affninja
    'you just have to be selective'

So its not all doom and gloom... thanks for the comments thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by keyaudioads
    Seems theres more negative information on this forum then good advice on how actually achieve our goals.

The general consensus I'm getting from reading such threads, is that linkshare and its merchants abuse affiliates ?
    I'd say the OP hasn't done their homework as indicated by the perceived ratio of "negative information" to "good advice". AND, there have been vast amounts of "good advice" here within the "negative" threads that they may be referring to. ABW is an authoritative source of information about the good AND the bad. And the bad is as informative and pertinent to our business as the good. But, we will not hold your hand...

Linkshare harbors HBO affiliates (One Cause, as well as others) who are clearly in violation of Linkshare's own TOS. And to add insult to injury, the affiliate in question is Linkshare's sister company. This damages merchant AND affiliate profits. Any lessons of benefit to your business that can be learned here?

X

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    I'd say the OP hasn't done their homework
    You are probable correct, I looked at this forum, I saw negative comments, that for me was enough to raise the question, to which I'm receiving answers too.. so far I'm been told I should be weary of who I might select to promote, which I'm assuming is honest advice.

I'm saying to myself, why should I bother, I shouldn't have to worry about these things... hope you see my point.

Quote Originally Posted by keyaudioads
    @Eric Ewe
    '-15 minute cookie / return duration
    '

Hmm I see, but would LinkShare not be responsible to retract such merchants ?
    Based on my understanding, Linkshare is like the market place where Aff and merchants meet. So they have a neutral standing on it.

IMHO, those merchants are just scre*ing with their own program and killing it in the long run.

With aff marketing, I think there is no loyalty and affiliates will switch you out for another merchant (for either better commission, higher conversion..which is totally understandable) unless you have a good 1-1 relationship with the account manger at the program.

Do you research and eventhough some people hate linkshare, there are lots of good merchants on there.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    So they have a neutral standing on it.
    Neutral standing on WHAT?
    All the speeches of these thieves to their merchants regarding technology affiliates are neutral?
    I'll like LinkShare to be NEUTRAL. They are not? Taking over parasites is neutral?
    Come on. Don't waste your time. This guy is not looking for an AM.

http and a telephoto
    There are 2 separate entities, the network and the merchants. Some merchants are naive and do whatever the network tells them, those are the merchants to stay away from. Merchants that are smart and run clean programs are on Linkshare and CJ, but it is up to you to find them and investigate (using the search here for posts and threads about whether they are clean or reliable is a good start) them. There are lots of things that make a merchant bad.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Neutral standing on WHAT?
    All the speeches of these thieves to their merchants regarding technology affiliates are neutral?
    I'll like LinkShare to be NEUTRAL. They are not? Taking over parasites is neutral?
    Come on. Don't waste your time. This guy is not looking for an AM.
    As in they create a market place. If you are picking and selecting sentences, then you are OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    This guy is not looking for an AM.
    It's like me going off on you...saying that WHEN in the world did I say I am promoting myself as an AM or offering my service as an OPM. How in the world are you coming to that conclusion? Why am I wasting my time helping an affiliate? Or should I not even waste my time on you replying? Come on...

I don't agree with parasites and to each, you have the right to your to your opinion.

Just do your research about the merchant before joining.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread