IWearYourShirt.com
    Every once in a while, something comes along that's makes me laugh so hard I spend money. Then I wish I'd thought of it first...

Basically this guy is wearing a sponsored shirt a day for 2009. Each day he's posting pics and blogging about the shirt. January 1st sold for one dollar, January 2nd was two dollars, etc. I just bought the cheapest day I could get, May, 19th. He's already sold out through most of May!

Sometimes all it takes is a really silly concept to get people to break out their wallets.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

He's on a live stream right this minute saying he's been on for three hours so far...
    at iwearyourshirt.com home page.

X

Starting to babble a bit too. Man, I'd be hard pressed to talk to a webcam for three hours straight, let alone several hours a day for a year.
    Eathan Mertz

I did a little calculating...

Assume he sells all 365 days, that equals $66,795
    Also, he's selling sponsored ads on the calendar for $1500 a month. So one ad each month will make him $18,000

X

Not a bad little payday if he can keep it down to a minimal time suck.
    Eathan Mertz

plus he gets all those free t-shirts!
    I see an Ebay auction...
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by guinness618
    plus he gets all those free t-shirts!
    I see an Ebay auction...
    I watched his live stream for a bit. He mentioned donating the shirts each month. Somebody should buy up cyber monday though and slap that on ebay. Might do okay...
    Eathan Mertz

Isn't there a blogger/affiliate that does something likes this... Krukal or Jangro? Each week one day they wear a shirt that was sent to them and blog about it. Seems like this guy took that idea and supersized it for an entire year. Neat twist on the million dollar page concept also with the banners on the calendar.

Just goes to show a little out of the box thinking with something that is simple can make an impact.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

OK , it is a cute idea. Wonder how many non-sponsors will visit his blog?
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by TerriFalcone
    OK , it is a cute idea. Wonder how many non-sponsors will visit his blog?
    I'm thinking it's one of those things with the potential to get talked about, linked to, covered by the media, etc. Enough buzz, at the right time of the year, and it could pay off.

Then again, it could also flop. It's about as un-targeted as traffic gets, appeals to a demographic way outside of our target market and does nothing to actually reach for the wallet. It's a pretty inexpensive gamble though and he's out there in media we don't currently touch, so has the potential to reach markets we're currently missing.
    Eathan Mertz

15 years and counting
    Neat idea to do it for a full year. It should work. He got many sponsors already. Nice twist of an old idea. I saw that before on Shoe Money blog. He's doing it again for the Summit. Your Logo On My Chest At Affiliate Summit West - For Charity!

I think it will work. It takes a certain personality and appeal. He definitely does have that and that's why he has been selling out already Jan-Mar. How creative!

GirlInYourShirt.com picked up the idea and started posting videos already. She is also planning on building a video network around the concept - inYourShirt.TV.

GuyInYourPants.com is another competition. Worth checking out. If he posts more videos, he may actually end up getting more traffic (and cash).

G.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eathan

Sometimes all it takes is a really silly concept to get people to break out their wallets.
    It's brilliant. Good for him. Now we start seeing all the rippers who take his idea and run with it and they'll make money, too.

The beautiful part is he can probably come up with a creative idea a minute and he'll never be hungry. Hope he makes way more than he anticipated. He deserves it for jumping on a great idea and running with it in a big way.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    ...Now we start seeing all the rippers who take his idea and run with it...
    Kind of like what happened with the Million Dollar Homepage, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    He deserves it for jumping on a great idea and running with it in a big way.
    100%

Geno

Banned
    This guy is thinking way out of the box. He is a good example for us affiliates. Not literally in that we should blog about wearing someone's shirt. He is an example of creative thinking...someting affiliates should always try for.

I am sure that many of you have had someone steal your idea and maybe even your exact content and create a site that is a total knock-off of yours. This is not affiliate marketing, this is copying! The people who do this cannot and should not call themselves affiliate marketers.

Many affiliates make sites that are related in concept to one another, but these sites are not exact copies of another site.

As affiliates we should always try to be creative. We should try to sell our goods with an angle that is totally different. This guy took something everyone else was doing but instead of just putting up some Adsense and content and calling it quits, he took it to a whole nother level. He put a totally different spin on it.

There have been unique takes on blogging and other media in the past and there will continue to be in the future. Some will fail; some will make a living; some will make a fortune. One thing is for certain: these things will not come about without creativity.

Some say "Content is king". Looking at this fellow and others like him, I think some might say that creativity is!

Pretty Cool Use Of The Little Grey Cells. Maybe Haiko should adapt it to the OneCause/Linkshare problem. Have one for everyday of the week.

A 7 Day T-shirt series that says something like:

It's Monday & Linkshare Still Sucks.

Or how about something like:

It's The Affiliate Summit. How Much Has Linkshare STOLEN From You?

One Cause Has One Cause: To STEAL Your Money.

Let the creativity begin.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Isn't there a blogger/affiliate that does something likes this... Krukal or Jangro? Each week one day they wear a shirt that was sent to them and blog about it. Seems like this guy took that idea and supersized it for an entire year. Neat twist on the million dollar page concept also with the banners on the calendar.

Just goes to show a little out of the box thinking with something that is simple can make an impact.
    I've never seen Kukral do it, but Jangro has a couple times with a chin pose. You're probably thinking of Shoemoney and Kim Rowly - they both do a t-shirt Friday thing with pictures.

Regarding this guy, that's some good idea for buzz and some quick cash! I wonder how fast he'll sell out the entire year.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread