Wordpress Themes Thread
    Any place where I can download for free or buy at a decent price some good
    word press themes. This is for a niche site (product).

Some of the templates at wordpress.org are not professional enough and get broken easily.

I suggest searching G. Also, I found a good one at blogohblog.com. They have ones to purchase as well as free ones...

BTW, moved this thread to the blogging forum...

X

More than 500 of them at the official WordPress.org theme directory:

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

Also, try Googling free WordPress themes and free WP themes, etc. There must be literally thousands (10's of thousands?) free WP themes on the Internet!
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for that link Ed, I have grabbed a new theme off that link for my personal blog

CPA Network Rep
    If you do a google search for Courtney Tuttle, his site has many "SEO Optimized" wordpress templates. They are pretty good looking and work really well right out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpyreMediaGreg
    If you do a google search for Courtney Tuttle, his site has many "SEO Optimized" wordpress templates. They are pretty good looking and work really well right out the door.
    Really?? I found SEO WordPress Themes on his website, and they are among the lamest, poorest looking themes I've ever seen. The one really clean, good looking theme he has is "Classic Beauty," and it's not widgetized. It's almost hard to find WP themes that are NOT widgetized.

Most of the off-the-rack themes at WP's theme site look better to me.
    Generate more fake news.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I took a brief look at those themes. They really weren't that bad IMHO (not that I thought they were good), but I agree that they should be widgetized. It isn't hard to add the code to convert a theme to use widgets, but there isn't any reason why they shouldn't be widgetized in the first place.

It also makes me wonder about the use of depreciated wordpress theme template tags (API function calls). If those themes aren't widget-ready, do you think they're ready for wp 2.7 commenting features, gravatars, etc.?

If you are looking for a free theme, it is best to get one from wordpress.org. That way you don't have to worry about the theme author including hidden links, etc. I believe they also have to be GPL.

Now, if only I had a good place to get a good free Moodle theme, I'd be very happy.

What's a Moodle theme?

I like the Revolution themes. Lots of bells and great support.

http and a telephoto
    I am a new fan of the Thesis wordpress theme, it isn't free, but it isn't very expensive either and it is seo friendly and very easy to modify. I even learned about hooks and how to use them Well, kinda, there is a plugin that does the hooks for you
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm "resurrecting" this thread to ask a specific question: Anybody know of a fairly simple, "clean" and FREE WP theme that has a drop-down navigation bar across the top?

I'm doing some things that require lots of sub pages and maybe even sub sub pages. When you do that in WP, there's no good way to have those pages show up in any navigation structure. However, if you have one of the themes out there with drop-down nav bars, they usually have those page links so they show up when you click or hover.

Not having $70-$100+ for purchasing a premium theme and rights to use it on multiple sites, I'm hoping someone has a good FREE solution they could share?

Thanks.
    Generate more fake news.

If you want some pretty good themes check out Elegant Themes - elegantthemes.com

For the price of about $20.00 a year, you get unlimited access to about 20+ premium themes. All of the themes are easily customizable and they look great on any site. I recommend checking it out.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; January 30th, 2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: no need to hot link

Quote Originally Posted by Byty
    If you want some pretty good themes check out Elegant Themes - elegantthemes.com

For the price of about $20.00 a year, you get unlimited access to about 20+ premium themes. All of the themes are easily customizable and they look great on any site. I recommend checking it out.
    Hey, thanks. I'll take a look. I just looked over one of their theme demos and it looked pretty good.
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager
    I like the ones on templatemonster[.]com

they are about $45

joe

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread