Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Zero Commissions from Village Hat Shop?
    I show several sales from Village Hat Shop but w/ zero commissions
    I've emailed the contact person, but have not heard back. Does anyone know who the AM is or have any clue why I would be seeing zero commissions?

    Thanks
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,327
    There was talk in a different thread about gift cards being used to make the sale zero dollars, but it would still show up as a valid order, but no commission

  3. #3
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    There was talk in a different thread about gift cards being used to make the sale zero dollars, but it would still show up as a valid order, but no commission
    Wow. For this particular merchant or in general?
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  4. #4
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Carolyn (Shareasale) was the AM for them a long time ago. They are on their own now. My contact was the owner of the place, but I can't find his email.
    Never had problems before.
    I noticed they have a new website, the problem may be coming from their cart if the right parameter is not passed.
    Look at their chart. The EPC is dropping to zero after 12/15. It's a checkout setting problem, contact SAS.

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador purplebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,960
    Not sure if this would help any since Zeus seems to have figured out the problem. I don't have his email but do remember for some reason lol the owner's name was Fred I think. umm not sure why I remember it. lol

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador kse's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    leeann I just sent you a pm with Fred's email address.

  7. #7
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Strange response from the AM. I sent a copy of all the transactions showing zero commissions and got back an email with - your application is DENIED in the subject line. Nothing in the body of the email. Hmmm.. been w/ them a couple of years and still active. Communication must not be their strong point.
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  8. #8
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    I was having a problem with their images not showing up on a Make-A-Page section on my site. Finally had to pull the products because the images never did come back. I emailed back and forth with Fred a few times about it but we couldn't figure it out. SAS tech support said it was the on the merchant end. I think they must have changed the image URLs and didn't fix it in the data base. Wish the images would get fixed so I can re-add the products. Fred, if you find this thread, any info on those images?
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador 2busy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Tropical Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,636
    Invisible products for invisible commissions? Yikes.

  10. #10
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Sales are reported again.

  11. #11
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Not for me! I still have several sales that show zero commission and no response from the emails that I have sent to the affiliate manager. Piece of crap company if you ask me........................grrrrrrrrrr
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  12. #12
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Look at their trend graph. It shows sales were not reported between 12/14/08 and 12/21/08. It would have been nice to receive an email from them informing us their tracking was down (and compensate the sales not reported)
    It seems like everything is back to normal on their side. Maybe you should open a ticket with SAS with the specific transactions.

  13. #13
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    It seems like everything is back to normal on their side. Maybe you should open a ticket with SAS with the specific transactions.
    I did. They said the commissions would have to be hand coded, but it hasn't happened yet. I still haven't heard from the AM, other than the senseless email about not accepting me in the program that I'm already in. Maybe the guy quit.
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  14. #14
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Still no payment from this merchant, plus I didn't pull their links and have new sales w/ zero commissions (dumb me). I've contacted the AM - got the - rejection notice as if I had applied to the program (Which I've belonged to for 2 years or more)... no other email from them about the zero payment. I've contacted SAS... they're nice, but have not been able to really help me.

    This really sucks. For some reason I thought I'd get more help from SAS when dealing with a problem such as this.
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  15. #15
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Without any information back from Shareasale or the merchant, here is what I'll do if it was me.
    I'll expire my "relationship" with The Village Hat, they are on Auto-Approval, so you can reapply ASAP.
    And, I'll replace all my links with fresh ones. At the same time I'll check the landing page of each link to verify the products are not out of stock.
    Getting a rejection notice means your "relationship" with the merchant may be corrupted.
    The Village Hat figures, EPC, Commissions paid, trend... look just fine, now. The reversal is pretty high 5.63% and can be caused by your sales.

  16. #16
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    Still no payment from this merchant, plus I didn't pull their links and have new sales w/ zero commissions (dumb me). I've contacted the AM - got the - rejection notice as if I had applied to the program (Which I've belonged to for 2 years or more)... no other email from them about the zero payment. I've contacted SAS... they're nice, but have not been able to really help me.

    This really sucks. For some reason I thought I'd get more help from SAS when dealing with a problem such as this.
    -------------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Without any information back from Shareasale or the merchant, here is what I'll do if it was me.
    I'll expire my "relationship" with The Village Hat, they are on Auto-Approval, so you can reapply ASAP.
    And, I'll replace all my links with fresh ones. At the same time I'll check the landing page of each link to verify the products are not out of stock.
    Getting a rejection notice means your "relationship" with the merchant may be corrupted.
    The Village Hat figures, EPC, Commissions paid, trend... look just fine, now. The reversal is pretty high 5.63% and can be caused by your sales.
    Ok, I might not be an expert on affiliate marketing but...

    If you have made new sales, and even if you still have zero commissions showing, I believe that as long as you still keep that same account open, that there is a chance that you may still get your commission money paid.

    You may even remove all the links from that merchant from your sites untill you get pay, and as long as you don't drop the merchant, you still have a very good chance of getting paid.

    But, if you drop the merchant for any reason, and even if you re-join the same merchant in order to get new fresh links, I believe that that would be a bad idea, because once you drop the merchant, you may forfeit any rights you may had about collecting past sales commission and any new sales commisions that may come from old links coming from SE's.

    If you're willing to walk away from that merchant and forget about past or pending, or future sales, then it would be ok to not only yank the links, but also drop the merchant on the spot.

    But, if you really like the merchant and are going to keep working with that merchant, and are just trying to get paid for past sales, then it would be a very bad idea to drop that merchant and re-join that merchant, just to get fresh links...

    Sorry Zeus, but even tho you say you have a lot of experience on affiliate marketing, I can't understand this advice you posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Without any information back from Shareasale or the merchant, here is what I'll do if it was me.
    I'll expire my "relationship" with The Village Hat, they are on Auto-Approval, so you can reapply ASAP.
    And, I'll replace all my links with fresh ones.
    Btw Zeus, if you think I am wrong this time, I hope you're the one correcting me on this, maybe you know something I don't know, but I am sure don't want to hear from the same people that tried to jump on me the last time I quoted you on the first day of this year.

  17. #17
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Here's my logic behind this post.
    If Leeann continues to use the same links, she will not be paid for old and new sales. As nobody is getting back to her, she has little hope to get her problem solved. And I believe she wants to still work with The Village Hat.

    I hope Leeann has a copy of all her non-paid transactions with all the pertinent information like the Time Stamps, Transaction IDs, OrderIDs, Sale Amount, Comm, Referers...
    It's more than enough information for SAS or the merchant to track the sales. You don't have to be an active affiliate for them to check the history.

    Now, by starting a new "relationship" with this merchant, she can test the tracking and prove something went wrong. More important she get a chance to be paid for the new sales.

    you may forfeit any rights you may had about collecting past sales commission and any new sales commisions that may come from old links coming from SE's.
    I don't see why SAS or The Village Hat will not pay legit sales if there's a problem with the tracking or the links and if you have the right information. As far as I know, they are both good companies and they can manually credit the affiliate for past sales.

    Once again, it's what, I'll do if I had that problem. Nobody is obliged to trust me or do what I say. Everybody is free to do what's best for him (her).
    My posts are for information only, I've nothing to sell, nothing to prove.

  18. #18
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Here's my logic behind this post.
    If Leeann continues to use the same links, she will not be paid for old and new sales. As nobody is getting back to her, she has little hope to get her problem solved. And I believe she wants to still work with The Village Hat.
    But, this is the way I see it:

    I also thinks she still want to keep working with that merchant, so that's why I said what I said.

    I can agree with you in that if for whatever reason the links she's using now may not be working, that the first thing she should do is to remove all of those links from her site, but I can't agree that droping the merchant and re-joining the merchant would be a good idea, in order to fix this current issue.
    Now, by starting a new "relationship" with this merchant, she can test the tracking and prove something went wrong. More important she get a chance to be paid for the new sales.
    Yea, she may get a chance to get paid for the new sales, but once she re-join the same merchant, there is a big chance that she may never get paid for any of the old sales under the old account, even if the new links look the same as the old ones.

    ----------

    Here is my stupid analogy...

    If A women can't get the ex-husband to pay last few months child support, would you advice that women to re-marry that same guy again, just so she can collect past alimony?

    BTW, this is my 4,999 post... so I would not be able to reply here, until I finish my 5k testament post.

  19. #19
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    You can't compare a human and a digital relationship.
    The later is just a string of 0 and 1 and I believe something got corrupted, somewhere.
    A reset is the right thing to do once you have explored all other possibilities. Are SAS or The Village Hat going to answer? Do they have the solution?
    Only Leeann knows how many links she has to replace, and it's not even sure she'll have to replace anything. After the reset the links may be exactly the same, the merchant ID will be the same, the affiliate ID will be the same. Only a few bit of code inside SAS tracking should be reset. She'll lose the history with the merchant, that's why she needs to keep track of the sales not paid.
    I'm not asking for a Format c:

  20. #20
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    SAS said they haven't been able to contact the AM, but they will keep trying. The sales are all in the reports. Nov., Dec., and now Jan. so I do have a record of it.

    It could be a case of old links now since all the Dec. links have expired and have been deleted. I have one ongoing link that is old, but it still works.

    My biggest concern is why the AM won't answer anyone. I just don't get it. I guess I'll try deleting them and reapplying, but I don't know if it's an auto-approval since I received the odd decline notice.

    I liked the merchant (past tense) .. not particularly loving them now, I just would like to get paid. I can find another hat merchant.

    I guess I'm just a bit surprised since this is my first major issue w/ a SAS merchant not responding to my efforts to find out what is going on....and... SAS not being able to help get to the bottom of it.

    I have the AMs direct email so I'm baffled and I would think that SAS has some kind of rule that says they have to have a workable email for any clients/merchants.

    Oh..and the sales are not showing in my reversal report. They just show zero commissions.
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  21. #21
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    The Village Shop is on auto-approval. Shareasale was busy before and during the last Affiliate meeting so you can give them a few days to get back to normal. I've not seen Brian posting at ABW for a while and I know of a few problems not solved.
    You can try contacting The Village Hat Shop Customer Service toll free at 1-888-847-4287.

  22. #22
    Newbie Freeman727's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    29
    In the words of the "Donald"
    Village Hat Shop............YOU'RE FIRED!

  23. #23
    ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,657
    Leeann,

    Do you have a trouble ticket opened with our support team? If so please send me the ticket ID so that I can look in on the problem.
    Thanks,

    Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

  24. #24
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Brian,
    It's not opened any longer, but I can send you the closed ticket which I'll go do now. Thanks!
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  25. #25
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Still waiting to hear something from anybody about the zero commissions....
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Village Hat Shop
    By janew in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
  2. The Village Hat Shop Coupon
    By JudiMoore in forum GoldenCAN
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
  3. Village Hat Shop: 25% Off Coupon
    By Sarah - ShareASale in forum Couponer's Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2006, 06:32 PM
  4. 20% off: Village Hat Shop
    By Carolyn - ShareASale in forum Couponer's Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2005, 05:24 PM
  5. Village Hat Shop: 25% off Coupon!
    By Carolyn - ShareASale in forum Couponer's Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 30th, 2005, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •