Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Opinions on Filsaime's Instant Affiliate Website
    I received an email promotion for something called Instant Affiliate Website (just type that in one word and .com to see the site) by Mike Filsaime.

What do you think about this offer?

I only watched the video presentation myself, and (so far) think that it is at least a very smart move from Filsaime as an affiliate manager.

15 years and counting
    If you want my honest opinion, you're going to get what you paid for, nothing.
    Don't waste your time. Affiliate Marketing is not as easy as drag and drop.

I should perhaps add that I wasn't considering using this myself - there isn't exactly a lack of free platforms out there to put your content on...

My first thought was also that this was just another cookie cutter solution, and obviously Filsaime is doing this in order to generate more affiliates and sales for himself.

But I am not so sure I would call it worthless.

Not worthless to Filsaime maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    If you want my honest opinion, you're going to get what you paid for, nothing.
    Don't waste your time. Affiliate Marketing is not as easy as drag and drop.
    Zeus seems to have hit the nail on the head.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Hey, wasn't he just picked as one of the most influential marketers of 2008 by some consulting firm that nobody cares about?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Hey, wasn't he just picked as one of the most influential marketers of 2008 by some consulting firm that nobody cares about?
    He influenced his consulting firm? Naughty.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    -rematt
    You're right, he's number 100 of Invesp top 100 list
    "Mike is an internet marketing guru. He believes in continued learning and makes every attempt to stay on the cutting edge by studying the latest books, courses, and systems on the subject of marketing. Mike is also a student and has studied under every successful person that is blazing the trail in their field.

Mike has been a popular speaker for years before recently retiring from public speaking. His company, MikeFilsaime.com, Inc. made over $10 million in sales in 2008 alone. His contributions have earned him a spot on our list. "

Well, it doesn't change what I'm thinking of his "Instant Affiliate Sites" He needs to learn some more.

That kind of place should have a warning label, I'm sure he's keeping busy what with the daily flood of people looking to become wealthy overnight with no skills or work required. He's set up an interface to enable people to be his subaffiliates on whatever programs he signs up with so of course it should be free, but a bunch of turnkey cookie-cutter subaffiliate sites aren't likely to bring in wagonloads of big bucks either for him or his victims.

15 years and counting
    I agree and many newbies are going to think affiliate marketing doesn't work.

Even worse, they're going to think that affiliate marketing is all about the latest scam.

Just took the time to really look at the site and the FREE website is free after the first 30 days only if you subscribe to his magazine at $39.95/month plus $5.95 SH.

After my 30-day free trial, if I decide to keep the "Instant Affiliate Website" active, I will be conveniently billed monthly on my credit card just $39.95 USD (plus $5.95 for shipping and handling for U.S. & Canada orders or $7.95 for International orders).
    What a ripoff, over $500/year for a "FREE" website and you get to give him 50% of your sales (if any).

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Good. That's less competition for us.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Hmm Join date yesterday, product launched yesterday ... a request for opinion here ... hmmm What a coinkydink!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

If his system worked so well, he would be busy making money from it, not selling his secrets. Intel does not sell processor schematics, McDonalds does not sell recipes, Boeing does not sell plans to build your own jet. Those who do things well are busy doing them and making tons of money. They have little time or desire to market their secrets to create more competition for themselves.

-sfcom

No effort, no results. See ye olde Magic Bullet thread if you need to be reminded of why you get nothing for nothing. Worse still, a flood of this kind of thing makes it more difficult for people to take affiliates as seriously as they should. A kind of cheapening of the currency if you get my meaning.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Just took the time to really look at the site and the FREE website is free after the first 30 days only if you subscribe to his magazine at $39.95/month plus $5.95 SH.
    Lol! It's worse than I thought, he's charging people to be his subaffiliates. Hey, I guess he knows there's about zero chance of sales from a setup like that unless they can sell to their friends (while they still have some). Yes, these kind of "Affiliate Gurus" give the field a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    If his system worked so well, he would be busy making money from it, not selling his secrets. Intel does not sell processor schematics, McDonalds does not sell recipes, Boeing does not sell plans to build your own jet. Those who do things well are busy doing them and making tons of money. They have little time or desire to market their secrets to create more competition for themselves.

-sfcom
    Amen. Couldn't have said it better.

Same goes for every Get Rich Quick scheme out there, affiliate-marketing-related and not. The fact they're selling it is proof in itself that it doesn't work.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

He's doing it for the forced continuity magazine fees, and to build another mailing list.

It'll be a few months before people realize:

1) They're not making anything from affiliate sales
    2) The information in the magazine isn't worth the price tag

and cancel. Many of them will feel that it's their fault they didn't make it work. Some of them will still feel grateful to Mr Filsaime.

Some people will stay in, chasing their bad investment.

A few people will probably make money from it.

Some of the people who only lost money at this will probably buy into his next massively over-hyped launch.

Go figure.

I got the same offer and when checking it out came to the conclusion that it wasn't as good as the offer seemed. FREE to me means FREE not $39 per month. And if profits are split 50/50 what the $39 monthly fee. No thank you...I pass

Regards,
    Denise

Banned
    If this "instant affiliate website" system really worked, its creator would keep it to himself and create thousands of affiliate sites for himself. He could become a millionair if he worked systematically everyday and created more and more of these sites.

If this method was was so amazing, he would be able to charge a high price for it out-right and people wold pay it. Instead, he lures them in with the word "free" and then he informs them that it is only "free" if you subscribe to a high-priced magazine.

If this is not a scam, it is most certainely lack-luster and will not live up to the expectations it is creating.

As was said earlier in this thread: you get out of affiliate marketing what you put into it. There are no short-cuts and there is no substitute for experience.

ABW Ambassador
    Of course it must work!

Mike Filsaime has 3 monitors on his desk!

HE IS AN IMPORTANT PERSON WITH THREE MONITORS ON HIS DESK!!!!

HE CAN ONLY BE TELLING THE TRUTH. THREE MONITORS CANNOT LIE!!!

$10 says he wore a beeper on his belt in the 80s.

$10 says he wore a beeper on his belt in the 80s.
    and carried one of those 4lb. cellphones that worked some places.

"Instant Affiliate Website"<>Instant Sales. And as more merchants, particularly the large ones, restrict their affiliates to ones providing quality traffic/campaigns, the worthlessness of this system will become painfully apparent.

If you feel that you must subscribe to such a program because of your inadequacy, you probably don't belong in affiliate marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Byerly
    If you feel that you must subscribe to such a program because of your inadequacy, you probably don't belong in affiliate marketing.
    OMG, the schlong extenders of AM.

-rematt

I have heard Mike Filsaime speak and know a bit about his background from the warrior forum. He used to be General Manager of a Toyota Dealership and used many of the techniques used at his distributorship. However his online expertise is mainly on info products. He is the owner of paydotcom which is a competitor to clickbank. He is also the orginator of the butterfly marketing concept.

Basically the techniques he preaches are as follows

1. Have a frontend products that does not necessarily make money.
    2. Offer a huge commission (75%+) for affiliates to promote it for you.
    3. The real money is made at the backend where the customer is bombarded with cros-sells, upsells and downsells. Note that some of the products that are on offer may be affiliate products of other persons.
    4. Once the customer's e-mail is captured and put on a list, he is then bombarded with offeres of ever increasing value. For example, the initial product may have been a $27 e-book, the next offer would be a $79 collection of videos, followed by a $297 home study course, a $799 2 day seminar, and finally a $3997 mentorship program.

On the whole Mike Filsaime does have a good reputation although there had been a few complaints about a few of his tactics.I would say that if you want to branch into marketing info products, this would probably as good as any choice. However, if you main interest is physical products, then it may not work that well.

Incidentally, he is one of the gurus who is keen on the "build a business strategy" vs "plain affiliate marketing". I remember quite a few people were offended at this suggestion in a previous thread. So if you are offended by this, then I would suggest that you leave him alone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast