ABW Ambassador
    Talking City bans being annoying in public
    BRIGHTON, Mich. (AP) -- Ticking someone off could get you a ticket in one Michigan city. The Brighton City Council on Thursday approved an ordinance allowing police in the Livingston County community to ticket and fine anyone who is annoying in public "by word of mouth, sign or motions."

AP

Ok, what if the city council's actions are annoying me? Do they get a ticket? Annoying is also a too subjective. Just my thoughts...There is a cartoon in there somewhere.
    Thanks,
    Doug

I guess the 1st amendment means nothing to these people. Sounds disturbingly unconstitutional.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf
    I guess the 1st amendment means nothing to these people. Sounds disturbingly unconstitutional.
    Perhaps, but just think of the fun you could have.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

superCool better stay away. could be a felony charge

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    superCool better stay away. could be a felony charge
    What are you trying to say superCool?

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Whenever I see an article like this I wonder what provoked the stupid ordinance. My guess is some Bozo was making obscene gestures in front of kids and mothers and there was nothing on the books to make him stop. Kind of like when you pick up an electric appliance and it says "don't use while submerged in water". You just know that some imbecile was electrocuted while using that appliance underwater and now his estate is suing the manufacturer and the place wher it was sold for not warning them about the danger. Think of a giant like MickyDees getting sued for not having a warning on the container containing hot coffee. And by the way that customer WON.....
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriFalcone
    Whenever I see an article like this I wonder what provoked the stupid ordinance. My guess is some Bozo was making obscene gestures in front of kids and mothers and there was nothing on the books to make him stop. Kind of like when you pick up an electric appliance and it says "don't use while submerged in water". You just know that some imbecile was electrocuted while using that appliance underwater and now his estate is suing the manufacturer and the place wher it was sold for not warning them about the danger. Think of a giant like MickyDees getting sued for not having a warning on the container containing hot coffee. And by the way that customer WON.....
    Dredging up the McDonald's Coffee Case again after all these years to try to argue than people seriously injured by the negligence and wanton disregard for the safety of others should not be entitled to damages for their injuries. I am sure that you do NOT know all of the TRUE facts of this case, which you can read here. The bottom line is that McDonalds was NEGLIGENT, serving 185º coffee (in flimsy containers), causing injuries to hundreds of customers over more than a decade, when finally 79 year old Stella Liebeck sued when she received 3d degree burns over 6% of her body, requiring 8 days of hospitalization and skin grafts. The case ultimately resulted in a secret settlement.

Also note, that because of this lawsuit, McDonalds reduced the temperature of its coffee and made additional changes that had the effect of reducing the risk of serious injury to countless other customers from then on. This is a major part of the value of our justice system.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

+deleted+
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

The latest consumer reports just tested coffee makers, according to them the ideal brewing temp for coffee is 200 degrees. They went on to say that all of the hot plates kept the coffee at a minimum of 175 degrees.

Just like in any lawsuit, you can always come up with an "expert" to support your case. Doesn't mean they are right.

My first "real" job was at McDonald's, and I served hundreds of cups of steaming coffee; never spilled it on myself. I'd say the victim was more than 20% at fault.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontaine

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    George Carlin had it right years ago. One of his routines was about suction darts for drivers:

All drivers are issued a dart gun with suction darts. When another driver was doing something stoopid, the other drivers could shoot a dart at their car. If a car has "too many" darts attached, the police could then pull them over and give them a ticket "just for being an a$$hole." LOL - Sounds perfect to me. The ultimate "user review."
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    George Carlin had it right years ago. One of his routines was about suction darts for drivers:

All drivers are issued a dart gun with suction darts. When another driver was doing something stoopid, the other drivers could shoot a dart at their car. If a car has "too many" darts attached, the police could then pull them over and give them a ticket "just for being an a$$hole." LOL - Sounds perfect to me. The ultimate "user review."
    lol I reaallly miss him. We need more of his thoughts on things.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    What are you trying to say superCool?
    just saying some people can't handle those who gush coolness so vehemently as yours truly. believe it or not, some have accused superCool (wrongly) of being annoying. can you believe that?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    just saying some people can't handle those who gush coolness so vehemently as yours truly. believe it or not, some have accused superCool (wrongly) of being annoying. can you believe that?
    They're just jealous. And the super cool don't ever worry about what other people think! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Oh man...I could really use that statute- standing room only!

I got a kick out this post.

I work in Harlem, they should come stand next to me on 125th Street & 5th Ave. and hand out their tickets.

LMAO

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread