Do you think I am over reacting?
    Ok so it is venting time! LOL, my wonderful mother lives with me and she has for 2 years now. This Christmas I got her train tickets to go see her sister, unfortunately the train is out of order due to ice. My mom say well thats ok you can just get me socks, shoes, leggings a dress, some pants and I would need some makeup and a hat and a scarf for christmas and she is being serious. In my head I am thinking wow how did she get soooo greedy, me the only thing I am getting is the joy and happines to see my 2 year old open her gifts, am I over reacting?
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

ABW Ambassador
    no you are not over reacting at all

Not at all!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAngel
    Not at all!
    Agreed.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    am I over reacting?
    No but flipping yourself out over it is only gonna make you sick and miserable.

Best way to (try) to look at it is that your mom is greedy because she feels like she has to be or she feels needy. It's really difficult to gather any amount of compassion for someone who has made us miserable our whole lives (I know - I have serious issues with my mother, too) but we really need to start understanding that all that agro is hurting US by the poison it shoots into our bodies and spirits. Meanwhile, some people are so damn frustrating in their mind sets it's almost impossible not to be angry if you have to live with them. Not at all easy.

Good luck getting through the holidays without meds with your mom still there. LOL - A trip to see her sister was a perfect gift for you, too.
    Maybe tell her that since you KNOW she really wanted to go visit her sister, the train tickets will work just fine after Christmas and she can go visit her sister then,
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Jody, I don't think you're overreacting either. On a side note, how do the roads look up there in Portland? I'm driving through to Seattle tomorrow and trying to figure out the best route to avoid long delays in the snow. Crazy weather!

Thank you all for the thoughts, I think what has happened is partially my fault. Since my mother has moved in we have spoiled her and now when we are pinching our pennies for our move (yes she is comin with). I just at that moment felt ran over. Too much has happened in the last 3 months, had cancer still going through stuff w/that, had a surgery, had a car accident and bought a house. I will get her those gifts of course it is just the way she put it to me made me look at her like wow what the heck happened here, should be the other way around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    Jody, I don't think you're overreacting either. On a side note, how do the roads look up there in Portland? I'm driving through to Seattle tomorrow and trying to figure out the best route to avoid long delays in the snow. Crazy weather!
    Sorry for the over post but you need to bring chains, make sure your driving a 4x4 right now chains are required in Portland and I do believe in Washington too. But again this is oregon it is snowing today it might just be sunny tomorrow lol. We went out today, there are people stranded at greyhound made a good trip brought home a lady and her baby. They are sleeping up stairs/stranger referred by a friend. 3 month old baby and mom stuck at greyhound with greyhound giving$6.50 voucher for food, but the baby drinks formula and she was almost out. You please be safe on your journey up here, we do have 24/7 coverage seems like on the news lol.

It is messy up here, seems like a ice lasagna layer of snow one of ice on top of snow top it off with bad drivers, a city that closes during snow and city workers who have been forced to work 12-15 hrs a day be very careful.
    Last edited by jodyq; December 21st, 2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: uh my my goodness 4x4's are not required chains are.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by jodyq
    socks, shoes, leggings a dress, some pants and I would need some makeup and a hat and a scarf for christmas
    Maybe those are what your mom really want for Christmas instead of visiting her sister?

lol

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I might ask her what one item she wanted the most and to descibe the color, style, brand, etc.

Shoes are quite expensive for good ones. Same with other clothes. Maybe she just thinks you are going to get her Walmart cheap stuff.

make her buy you stuff too

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread