Hi,

This is my first christmas in the affiliate world, and things are really nice, but I wonder what will happen now.

When do sales start to wane before Christmas? At some point there is no longer any chance of getting the goods before the holidays, so I guess sales stop almost totally at some point. Do people shop until the 15th, the 18th, the 20th, ... ?

In January, what level of sales can realistically be expected? Are we talking 10% of Nov/Dec, 25%, 40%, 60%, ... ?

I've been doing affiliate marketing for some six months now, and I have seen a steady increase of 20-35% each month, with a huge peak in November, and of course it cannot continue like that, so I wonder what is likely to happen next.

Any experiences on the end of Christmas sales are very welcome, as this is my first time.

René.

Last year I actually did better in January than in December. But then it gradually declined until it was about 40% of the high months in July and August, before it started rising again.

But I am probably not typical, since last year my main targets were not gifts, but necessary supplies, which would do well all year.

This year I'm targeting gifts more heavily, so I expect a quicker dropoff, of 50% or more in January. Things are looking so good this year I'll still be happy with 50% of what I have now.

ABW Ambassador
    Sales do start to slow online the nearer you get to XMAS, when it slows i start pushing gift certificates that can be emailed instantly. Most merchants have some kind of gift certificate, just make sure you get paid commissions on them. My last xmas was my first year and i actually noticed my January sales were great. Lot of after Christmas sales, people returning things having some spending cash, a lot of people get cash for presents etc. Usually the second week of Dec. is the highest for online sales, so this week should be great 8-14th, then i expect it to slow down.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Gift related items should be sell briskly right now...products like our dental plan do well after the holidays because a lot of Americans signup for benefits the first of the year.

Evan Weber, Director of Marketing
    DentalPlans.com, Inc.
    Earn $50 per sale with one of the best converting offers online! [/b]
    954-923-1487 ext. 105
    evan@dentalplanscorp.com

ABW Ambassador
    I know this isn't online, but it is interesting.

I read in our local paper that 42% of Christmas shopping is done between the 16th and 24th of December. This was for the malls.

It just shows you that a lot of people leave things to the last minute (almost literally)

Online will be slightly different due to shipping restrictions, but some things can be ordered right up to December 24th

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, you always hear the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year, it's actually about the 5th or 6th. The biggest is the Saturday before Christmas, offline that is. For online this should be our biggest week, i know i'm getting my shopping done by tomorrow just to make sure i get everything on time.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

People shop all the way up through the 23rd or 24th, but it does drop off a bit after about the 15th-20th. Merchants usually start pushing free 2nd Day upgrades, gift certificates, etc. once the shipping deadlines pass.

If you're seeing growth PLUS the Christmas boom, it's really hard to judge.

Without the growth, you could expect January to be comparable to October.

If you had been seeing 20-35% month over month growth, that will eventually slow.

Based on your historical growth and the potential for the growth to slow, I would expect for you to see January numbers somewhere from 20% to 60% over October's levels. Comparing to November or December won't really tell you much, since those months are so inflated by the Christmas boom.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Last January was almost as good as December for me. Customers buy the stuff in January that they didn't recieve for the holidays.

Even if January is only comparable to September, I'd still be content. My original goal when I started in affiliate marketing, was a quarter of what I actually made in November and I already surpassed it for December.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

René

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread