Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Here goes the start of what I hope will be a very long thread.
    What are your affiliate goals for the next year?
    In the last 11 months I have learned a lot about this side of affiliate marketing.
    It has been a fantastic learning and earning experience so far.
    I have made a lot of mistakes but I have learned from them as well and very quickly found out what works and doesn't work, and the best thing I found was be yourself. There is room for everybody in this world, if Erma Bombeck can sell a ton of books by being sarcastic and funny then my strange personality may have a chance online too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I've learnt a lot this year,
    Always keep your mouth shut about what you do.(barring only very close friends you can trust.
    Take a chance on things. don't be afraid to try something new, a domain name only costs $8.
    People will buy most anything online sell it to them from your site.
    Never be afraid to raise the bar higher you may just succeed and suprise yourself.
    Study those who are successful and see what they do, then go build your own empire, with your own style and site.
    Learn to ignore a lot of people's attitudes online, sometimes people forget that what they write is not always read the way they meant it.
    You can learn something new about affiliate marketing everyday.
    Don't be afraid to ask people for help, you never know who will actually respond to your email or messages,in private.
    Always diversify and create different income sources, don't get caught short.
    If you find a product you want to sell but the merchant does not have an affiliate program, email them and you may be amazed at what can happen.
    If you want to try a competitive industry where there is a lot of money to be made, go for it, there is always room for one more.
    Always have a backup site ready to go if Google decides to kick one of your sites out.
    Ethics will always beat out anything else.
    Always have a content site or few to fall back on for linking purposes and to build around.
    Individual product links for a proven merchant always work for $$$
    Have fun while you are doing it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My goals for the next year:
    Hit $10,000 a month and not be dependant on amy one merchant or industry for my income.
    Seen too many people take a hit and find it really hard to recover.
    Learn how to do more technical computer stuff like datafeeds and programming languages etc.
    Keep having fun while I am doing this.
    It still amazes me that I can make a webpage in my home put it online and wait a few weeks and people actually buy from it and I make money sitting here. I love this simple concept.

Thanks go out to a lot of people who make a lot of money in this business who post their knowledge here freely.
    Haiko, for having this board available to all.
    Webmistress for taking a chance when you didn't know me at first.
    Abigail for being a great friend.
    Leader, for answering a private email 2 years ago, got me thinking, sidetracked for a year at first, but finally rolling, been following you around ever since. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    TK, Don Steitz, MsMarySunshine, Bassmaster,Chinaski,MJ, Cedric, MarkyMark,Icicle,Jada,and a host of others who I can't remember this early in the morning.
    2003 is almost here, let's make it a good one.

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

[This message was edited by Justdoit on December 05, 2002 at 08:53 AM.]

Well Hello A Best Web ;-)

This would be my first of second post, but I felt this post was the perfect oportunity for me to introduce myself ;-)

What a wonderful post and topic, funny....

Just before I got on the computer for a half hour before leaving to meet with my fathers finacial guy about this year and next I read this post! I just sat down and through together some numbers and projections and I can not believe where my hard work has gotten me! November 20 I quite my chef job and now work from the comfort of my home ;-)

The best part is that I am now making about four times what I was making as a chef and working in a much more comfortable setting (my own home).

Just Do It...

You have some wonderful knowlegde and some great advice. Some of the things I am doing now to heading into 2003...

Right now I have just started a new site within a new field for myself. As you mentioned it can be kinda scary when all your eggs are in one affiliate basket. I dable in the pharmacy stuff and am doing well but feel I would be better off with a few "other" sites rather than cranking out pharmacy sites left and right. If things go sour for the industry I want to make sure I have other sites producing.

I also am planing on creating a second content site. I have one very strong content site that allows me to link out to my "money makers" .... an important aspect of affiliate marketing right now. My plan is to create a second content site, which will stand on it's own with no links out or too any current sites. Then I will begin to create a handful of sites around this new content site. That way if bad things happen I have a back up.

That seams to be my thinking right now.... get backups .... sites and affiliate programs .... to try to reduce my dependance from one merchant or one site to many.

Wishing everyone a great 2003 ;-)

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find

Welcome to ABW Chef Brian , i always enjoy your posts in my favourite SEO forrum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I also joined ABW only last month....

Sure 2003 will be terrific for me and also for everyone in abw....

$> cd /pub
    $> more beer

My experience is contrary to the first 2 posters. Next year I'll be promoting my best and 2nd best merchant to the full extent. I aim to make 10x what I make this year if all goes well. (crossing fingers) I think I'll do it and take that risk of putting the eggs in two to 3 baskets. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

In my experience, scattering my risk and promoting tens or even hundreds of merchants is using up all my time and energy, (one very important thing I learned this year.) The 80-20 rule.

Hopefully, I also want to learn datafeeds and programming languages like PHP, ASP, etc.

Take off eh?
    Welcome to ABW Chef Brian.
    Good to have you here. I don't know if you remember but I spoke to you a few times via another forum and email and also exchanged links back in June/July abouts.
    Still grateful for the content you let me post on my site. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    All the best

As for goals for 2003;
    1) Make enough so the money worries don't cloud what's really important.
    2) Make enough sites that the fickle googly one can't cause disaster on the US Thanksgiving anymore.
    3) Another content site like Chef Brian said, for exactly the same reasons.
    4) Focus more on independants and merchants who value affiliates efforts.
    5) Count to 25 before posting.
    6) Call Justdoit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    7) Potty train the boy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Game on!!!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Open 2 new sites to showcase my best 2 merchants as mini-outlet stores.

Weed out all those merchants who did not sell a single item in Y2002 from my Cybermalls.

Showcase only merchants who do not try to sell full retail priced items on the Internet. Walmart knows you cannot sell in volume any item listed as $49.95 unless you honestly display the list price is $79.95.

Setup my own merchant rating system based upon conversion ratio (Sales/clicks) and look for some good Indy programs if the parasites still rule the big 3 networks.

Make sure my own act is spamm Freebees coupons =no hassles.

WebMaster Mike

"Vision without Action is a daydream .. Action without vision can be a nightmare"
    Combine the two and you have the makings of a profitable reality!

ABW Ambassador
    2003 Goals:

1. Get back to the level I was at before Google crushed me and took over the entire web.

2. Go hi-end.

3. Sell direct. Open an affiliate program.

4. Beat the parasites.

5. Buy a boat spend weekends away from the computer.

This seems like an excellent thread to leap in and "just do it." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I've been a member for a while and spent lots of time poring over old posts, but hardly ever posted myself; I hope to change that in the coming year. I got laid off from my j*b in September (probably a blessing in disguise), and it's made me realize that I really can't and shouldn't depend on any one else to make my living.

Here are my resolutions for 2003:

1) Stop buying domain names and actually develop and publish at least five of the 20+ I already own!
    2) More posting; less lurking. Shyness has gotten me nowhere. (But it seems like every time I think of something to say, JustDoIt beats me to it!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    3) Contribute significantly to my family income. Set more specific monetary goals by April 2003.
    4) Count my blessings every day and appreciate all the resources at my disposal. If an ABW member (I think it was Zervo?) can make a decent living working entirely from an Internet cafe, how can I possibly allow doubts and pessimism to creep in?!!

Y'all are so inspiring. I especially appreciate motivational, optimistic threads like this one. A belated thank-you to everyone who contributes here.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Goals are
    Fine tune my gift and mall site. Optimizing pages to be completed.
    Actually see a sale from any befree merchant
    Make my sites do nothing but sell sell sell.
    Make more money, which should be a direct result of above. Circumstances have changed things where this may now have to be my only business interests.

And lastly of course is terrorize this board with my bad humour and sometimes dumb questions I ask. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Actually see a sale from any befree merchant

goals should be realistic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img].

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    @ ANDY LMAO !!!!
    I guess you are right on being realistic.
    This was a topic on our goals not fantasies right

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    OK, my goals are:

1. Make enough money to build the extension upstairs.

2. Trade in the car for a new 4x4.

3. Stop whinning about CJ tracking (I know WW - targets should be realistic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

4. Have the missus up the spout [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

5. Have enough by December to buy our piece of land ready for building our Vancouver Cedar home (here in Tenerife).

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software

My goals for the end of 2003:
    1. 5-10 new sites making sales in my main sector
    2. Diversify to other sectors
    3. Learn Dreamweaver MX
    3. Build content sites
    4. Become a dmoz editor
    5. $60k/month

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Cleveland, OH
    Great thread. My goal this year was to send my wife home with the baby with extra income, and that's done as of Jan. 1.

2003 Goals

1. Send myself home doing this full-time. Full-time day job and 6+ hours of doing this at night as well is going to burn me out.
    2. One solid, powerful optimized website per month.
    3. Write an ebook.
    4. Start an affiliate program of my own.

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

Affiliate Manager
    Spokane, WA
    Simple goal:

1 new site every month that brings in $300-$500 per month.

2003 Goals!

1) Complete 50 Specialty Sites.

2) Aim 10K$ a month

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    My goal when i started doing this was just to make more every month than the last, no matter how little. As long as you progress each month, you're on the right track, and realize that in affiliate marketing anything can happen, there might be some bumps in the road but just go over them.

I had a goal this year to make at least what i was making when i had a real job. I'm actually making 3 times as much which sometimes is still kinda shocking. I always thought it was pretty cool when someone asks what you do for a living. I think this is the greatest job you can have. No boss, no schedules, you have some freedom. How much you earn at this is limitless.

This year my goal is to crank out pages. To make enough money this year so if the internet magically disappeared, i have enough money to last at least 2 years. More pages, more money.

Sales are everywhere, sales are mine.

Mine are:

- Stop buying domains (already own over 150)

- Cut down on the time I spend reading these forums -- this one and WW, and start building more pages and web sites.

- Start exercising -- seating in front of a computer screen long hours is literally killing me.

- Find niche products retailers and partner with them -- much higher commissions this way.

- Did I mention, build more sites [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Happy and profitable 2003 to you all

Affiliateville, USA
    Mine is much like the others, but here goes:

1. Continue to look for companies with independent affiliate programs and develop a plan to help them set up their own programs if they don't have one. Then make sure I'm there top affiliate.

2. Stop letting parasites and stats determine my mood for the day. lol

3. Finish the five domains I started on months ago and never finished, including two content sites. Plus go from the 20 my active domains I have now to 40 or 50.

4. Stop buying domains (unless, of course, they had a google rating of 5+ right before they expired).

5. Consider actually selling products again instead of just affiliate links. Hey, I'm getting higher rankings than the companies whom I am promoting. Maybe it is time to sell some of those products myself.

6. Look in to incorporating.

7. Already working on promoting my top merchants with individual sites just for them. Now look at doing more of the same for my top ten merchants.

8. More lurking and less posting. Make posts worth my time - try to spend more time helping those new to this business rather than complaining about things that will never change.

Whew, sure hope I do better on these than I do on my diet and exercise goals every new year.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and a opportunity to teach someone else.

15 years and counting
    I've been able to achieve my goals for the last five years thanks to affiliate marketing.
    My goal for 2003 would be to discover what will be the next big thing on internet and how can I keep my income. (Could be hard to increase what I making now) Things are changing so fast. Look at search engines. I was lucky to be one of the first in Google but who knows if Google is going to stay at the top. I still believe there's a future in affiliate marketing but how can we get rid of all the predators.
    On the bright side I was able to establish direct relationships with some outstanding merchants bypassing the networks and their affiliation with thieves. Without a drastic change at CJ and LS, I will continue to do it during 2003.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Hi all,

Great forum JustDoIt

And welcome Mr. Chef Brian.

My goal (if I can do it lol...)

1) Concentrate more on my family’s needs.
    2) Start reading and learn Programming.
    3) Lose 20lbs (gain it this year just sitting and working our shopping mall online.)
    4) Be more creative on our Website to drawn more user to shop with our site.
    5) Learn how to write better English lol...
    6) Meet more good people
    7) Try to be more active on fighting the predators
    8) Make enough money “A dollar more than what I need”. (IE – if I need $20 today, I would like to have $21).
    9) Start listening and paying more attention to my Fiancée (which by the way we are gonna set up our Big Day on 2003 :-) all ABW members invited , just don’t forget my present. Lol...)
    10) Be a better person than what I already is :-) (just as long as my hormones are not kicking in because of the Parasites).
    11) Oh yah, more sales from CJ. LOL... (Hey Fantasy can become reality right? It’s more possible than impossible. Like getting rid of the parasite that is impossible to see right now but nothing is really impossible! We have walk on the moon...) :-)
    12) To appreciate more of life and be more thankfull on what I already have (family, friends and knowledge).
    13) Do more activities outside and get more physicaly active.I can go on and on but the top list are good for now.
    14) And last but not the least, I wish for the Network and Merchants to give us a chance to do business in a fair way (oh! Sorry this is not a wish list. :-))

I just wanted to thank Haiko very much and others for having this Board for all of us. We have learn allot and we keep up of what is good and bad on Network Marketing. You have help me and others so much and I greatly appreciate all the help and support this Board gives!

We just started this year on this business and income is okay not great but not bad also.
    I hope the next year would be better and by next Christmas I can get my wish (breast transtflant) ROTFLMAO...

To everyone I wish you all great health and a loving family that will always be there next to you in good or bad times. For that is what really the most important thing to have in the whole Universe.

I wish you all wealth too!

May we all have a safe a great Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    4. Have the missus up the spout [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Andy Williams
    Umm Andy, care to elaborate, hehe.

My goals are simple, continue doing what I am doing, learn more about php and mysql, and break 10,000 grand a month and start doing this full time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    Thanks go to Leader, Jada, Elisabeth and Cedric and all of the others for inspiration and Haiko for the board and Andy from Tiger for being a great guy.
    Oh and not to have to worry about parasites, that would be a good goal.

At my computer
    Build better sites so I can live more and work less.

I would really like to see my site revenue double next year! Going from almost nothing to double should be easy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

ABW Ambassador
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Get my first sale
    <LI>Prove that I can be a helpful ABW member and that what happened was a big mistake
    <LI>Keep on learning[/list]

Javi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Avoid reading this thread for the next three months.

JK [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

1. Spend less time working on sites and more with my family.

2. Increase my earnings 100%

3. Enjoy the fruits of other SEs such as msn more so than I have in the past.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast