Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    You are not alone...
    Many of us here have (or had) health problems and children or other family members with health problems and I just wanted to remind you that you are not alone. Part of why we do what we do from where we do it is because of the circumstances in our lives. I can't work in a corporate environment any more for a lot of reasons, but taking care of my kids was one of the reasons in the past.

Sometimes we all need a hug and a reminder that we are not the only folks in our situation and we need to be a little more outspoken and supportive of each other

Many of us have also lost loved ones and we need to understand we are not alone there either. And when we talk about it, that we don't have to worry that people think we are looking for sympathy, but that we just need to share something and that we need to be reminded that we are not alone and that we have this great community to support us.

And I guess that is my Christmas gift to ABW. A reminder that you are not alone. And ABW's gift to me is the knowledge that you are all out there.

Happy Holidays whatever you celebrate....

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly

And I guess that is my Christmas gift to ABW. A reminder that you are not alone. And ABW's gift to me is the knowledge that you are all out there.

Best Christmas gift I've received so far. :-)

Merry Christmas Deb!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

"Best Christmas gift I've received so far. :-)

Merry Christmas Deb! "

Definitely agree Wish the whole world could be like that. I definitely think hugs are the best things in the world and virtual hugs feel awfully good, too.

Holidays are a great time of year but a lotta times people just don't feel like bein so happy about em for whatever their reason. They're kinda forced on ya whether ya want em or not lol and it's awfully hard escaping them....which makes it an even harder time.

You are really a very considerate and thoughtful person to have made this thread for everybody.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Yes, Thank you.

- Pass it on!

Hey loxly, thank you for your gift

Sometimes you think that you are alone but we all have similar life situations, problems, issues, etc. that all we have to do is reach out and there will be someone there who understands and have gone through something similar.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Very sweet of you sharing this reminder. We really are all in this together, and what happens to one affects us all if only to stop and share a hug or be the shoulder to lean on. Thanks Deb!

This forum continues to amaze me with the kind, generous & helpful spirit of the contributors. Really does feel like a virtual family..

Deb, we don't know each other personally, but your post was a wonderful gift!

I also want to wish you a wonderful and VERY happy holidays..

Theresa
    (aka Teezone!)

Talking
    Thanks, Debbie

Debbie, you're a sweetheart!

X

What a wonderful gift.
    Thank you.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

That is a sweet posting, and you loxly are a beautiful person, may you have a very happy merry christmas(or what ever it is you might be celebrating this year)!
    Wear Short Sleeves!!! Support the right to bare arms!

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Deb,

Thanks for being so amazing!

ABW is indeed a wonderful gift. I have celebrated many milestones in my life on this very forum - from illness to breaking records to changing jobs. The support and encouragement I find at ABW and through those that participate here have been life altering.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Thank you Debbie, you are such a kind person.

Happy Holidays!

Thanks for such a wonderful gift. Life is sometimes very difficult, but it is always comforting to know that there are people who have been through it and will support you.

I wish you all the best!

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    *hugs* Thank you momma Loxly
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debbie, you are a great person. Thank you and good wishes.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you Debbie

Happy holidays to you and your family, and friends, and everyone else on abestweb

Affiliate Manager
    When I joined ABW recently, I was looking to learn about affiliate marketing. I was looking to share information. I didn't imagine it would be any more than that. But it is. I haven't heard nicer sentiments expressed by many, online or off. This is truly a community in every sense of the word. And one to be proud of.

Thank you for everything.

Happy Holidays to all.

Thank you, Debbie, that's a wonderful gift.

Love is a powerful force in the world.

Most of us look for it in the wrong place - out in the world where it doesn't exist.

There is only one place you will ever find love - inside yourself. (This ties in with hootlessness, by the way.)

Being loved feels fantastic, and is a very very nice thing. But it affects us like a drug. We crave more and more of it to maintain the same level of good feeling. It also feeds the ego. And we're setting ourselves up for disaster. What happens when that love is taken away, or the giver transfers it to another object?

When I think of the moments in my life when I was truly happy, they all involve being with a partner. But it wasn't receiving love. It was giving it. Unconditionally. Absolutely. Without expecting anything in return. It was sharing simple, everyday things - a walk together, a cup of coffee, stopping to watch the sun set - just enjoying being with her, just grateful to share her beingness, loving her absolutely without expecting anything back in return.

And, simple as it sounds, that is the answer. If you want to be happy - love everyone and everything in the universe absolutely and unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. It's that simple.

(Yes, even toolbar affiliates, I'm afraid LOL)

awwhhh I see ya up there chetf come on.....come and get a hug, too. hugs feel reallly good We're gonna get ecomcity in here, too givin hugs.

Stinky - you really have a way with words.
    Definitely want this "hootlessness" but never wanna give up hugs cos they definitely are one thing ya can't be hootlessness about. lol

You've definitely got the definition of Love correct would be such a nice world if everybody just loved each other the way your love is. I know...I'm the one who still believes there can be purple squirrels....but still hold out hope maybe that can happen some day

Will repeat again what everybody else has said. Deb, (Loxly) you are a very, very special person and it's sooooo nice you made this thread.

Everybody needs hugs and it's a very nice feelin knowing you have a place to get em whenever ya need one.

"(Yes, even toolbar affiliates, I'm afraid LOL)"
    Now Stinky - You may have been sippin that eggnog a bit too early and it's effecting your thinking. lol

Purpley bear - hugs are wonderful - hootlessness means you don't give a hoot whether you get the hug or not. (Here's the secret - you're more likely to get it that way).

Just lay off the bear hugs - OK?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    We're gonna get ecomcity in here, too givin hugs.
    Now come on purpley, you know that can't happen, charlie pecked his Christmas spirit out years ago.

"Purpley bear - hugs are wonderful - hootlessness means you don't give a hoot whether you get the hug or not. (Here's the secret - you're more likely to get it that way)."

awwhhh but I do give a hoot when it comes to hugs lol Can I aspire to attain my hootlessness cept in the case of hugs lol If I don't get my hug....I'm not above asking for one anyway. One can never have enough hugs Ahhh haaaa Maybe I have a words of wisdom saying for Loxly

Just lay off the bear hugs - OK?
    heee, heee lol

"Julian - Now come on purpley, you know that can't happen, charlie pecked his Christmas spirit out years ago."

I dunno...I think he's got a lotta hugs in em, he's just not lettin us see that side of him yet....

Purpley Bear there is no right or wrong on the path to hootlessness.

But here's the thing: being hootless doesn't mean you don't enjoy having things.

It means not getting hung up on WANTING things.

If you want something, you want it because you don't have it, right?

So the more you want something, the more you're focussing energy on not having it.

The more you're reinforcing not having it.

If you're able to release on wanting it, you may find that after letting go of the want you'd still like to have it. That's cool - go ahead and have it and enjoy it.

You may find you don't really want it after all.

Which is also cool.

Everything is cool in the world of the hootless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast