Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>InterMute, Inc. today announced the availability of AdSubtract PRO 3, the latest version of its best selling Internet ad blocking software. With AdSubtract PRO 3, InterMute delivers the most powerful and innovative solution available for blocking Internet banner ads, Pop-Ups, multimedia ads and other annoying Web distractions. Since 1999, AdSubtract has allowed users to block billions of unwanted Internet ads.

Now with AdSubtract PRO 3's Search Sanity(TM) feature, users can also block paid or sponsored Search Engine results, the fastest growing segment of the online advertising industry.

"Search Engines have lost their way and tarnished their credibility. Instead of first displaying the most relevant search results, most Search Engines now show the highest paying ad-sponsored results," said Ed English, CEO, InterMute. "AdSubtract's Search Sanity feature allows users to roll back the Internet to the good old days of search engines, when relevance mattered most. Paid search results disappear, with Search Sanity enabled."
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Article Link

That can't be a good thing?

December 8 2003 - I check this time Chet.

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

I tend to agree that this is not good, that's why it's important to appear in the 'organic' search result as well as the sponsored links. This CEO will of course say anything to promote his product, but how many people will actually use their software anyway. And I doubt the big search players like google and Overture will permit anything to block their sponsored ads....we shall see.

Evan Weber, Director of Marketing
    DentalPlans.com, Inc.
    Earn $50 per sale with one of the best converting offers online! [/b]
    954-923-1487 ext. 105
    evan@dentalplanscorp.com

I actually find the sponsored ads to be MORE relevant for many search terms.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    I actually find the sponsored ads to be MORE relevant for many search terms.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have to agree with that. Lately search engines have been doing a lousy job searching and great job advertising.

Hope this goes to the courts it would be interesting to watch it play out.

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Just Lurking
    Found second article from InfoWorld - Article Link looks like a rehash of the PR.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread