Can anyone help?
    I've been playing around with affiliate sites for only 3 months now and i'm tring to learn the ropes but I can't seem to find a system that works for me. I've tried saleshare, cj, and a few others. I post to free classifieds and ppc sites like goolge but i've only generated a little traffic and no sales. What should i do? maybe i just don't know what i'm doing yet. If anyone has any info or advice it would be greatly appreicated.

http and a telephoto
    It's a business, not a "system". Start reading http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79507

Welcome to ABestWeb, if you are serious about building a business, this is the place for you
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by hd0151
    I post to free classifieds and ppc sites like goolge but i've only generated a little traffic and no sales.
    What do you post on these sites, ads? spam?

What you should be doing is posting content on your own site. Do you have a website or blog?

hd0151, welcome to the forums! sounds like your on track for 3 months. welcome to the world of affiliate marketing. wait until you read the thread about oneCause =)

I agree with Ladidah.

The best route is to build your own site with some sort of unique or niche twist. You can have a mixture of sites and/or blogs. Affiliates build their sites using a variety of techniques, you need to find what works for you
    Reading the various forum threads of ABW will help you in this endeavor.

Try to keep the user/viewer/visitor in mind and create sites that are easy to navigate and [strive to] comply with usability standards put forth by people like Jakob Nielsen.
    Last edited by Rhia7; December 23rd, 2008 at 12:48 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    It's a business, not a "system".
    That's the best advice I've read all day.

Read the links in my signature.

Sometimes people trying to get started may have read things online that lead them to believe that affiliating is easy and instant. This is just not true. It takes a lot longer than 3 months if you don't even have a site already getting traffic. Expect to put in a lot of work building a traffic worthy site before you can plan on any sales.
    There are people who jump in and start throwing money at PPC only to find out that PPC is not an easy game but it is expensive. Google loves newbies. ♥
    You're in the right place to learn now, read, read, read

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    What do you post on these sites, ads? spam?

What you should be doing is posting content on your own site. Do you have a website or blog?
    I can't agree with ladidah more. An interesting site that manages to incorporate the right sort of key words with frequently updated information will have you rising in the Google ranks. Not overnight but certainly within a year. The better the site the more picky you can be regarding the merchants you select AND with a good site those merchants should convert well for you.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hd0151
    I've been playing around with affiliate sites for only 3 months now and i'm tring to learn the ropes but I can't seem to find a system that works for me. I've tried saleshare, cj, and a few others. I post to free classifieds and ppc sites like goolge but i've only generated a little traffic and no sales. What should i do? maybe i just don't know what i'm doing yet. If anyone has any info or advice it would be greatly appreicated.
    I have not had much luck with CJ, CC or Linkshare primarily because the sales do not generate much commission there. Shareasale has been the best affiliate program by far. Three months though is not a fair time span to judge your progress. First you build your site, get it indexed by Google which GoogleBots may only index a few of your pages per day. Some of my sites have 10,000 pages and Google takes months to index all the pages. A few free steps you can make are adding a robots.text file, getting an XML sitemap (xml-stemaps.com is free to 500 pages), verify your site with Google webmaster tools and submit your sitemap to Google. You can get global recognition by listing at netinsert.com which is also free. Banner exchange programs like ebannertraffic.com or 1800banners.com which are free services. You can also list your products in free classified ads like craigslist.com and topix.com listing your product url as the location. Once you start making money you can pay for ads via Adwords or Yahoo but be careful because you can lose your shirt. Some people make money with Adsense but it primarily redirects your customers to other pages and gives you a few pennies for doing so. Good luck hope something here helps you.

PS: I am still listed as a nubie here but I have many affiliate based web sites and have been earning steady monthly income from the sites. By the end of the third quarter I will have over four million products online.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread