ABW Ambassador
    Angry Performance Incentives Deleted
    I just logged on to my CJ account and I see performance incentives for one merchant added on the 12th of Dec have been deleted and replaced with a much smaller one. This seems very unfair and strange as I have not seen this merchant do this before, why would they take away my Performance Incentives when no transactions were reversed?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I have a performance incentive sitting in my current balance that was not paid on the 20th. I've never seen this before and am in contact with CJ on the issue. Based on initial feedback, I believe there was a technical issue related to performance incentive calculations this payment period. Perhaps my lack of payment is somehow related to your flucuating incentive amount. I'll post again if/when I have more info.

Over the last two week I had
    Merchantents remove performance incentives
    Merchants lower performance incentives
    Merchants lower commisions
    Merchants lower return days

I had the same thing happen ...

But the good thing was, I dropped them like a hot rock.

Sent all the traffic they were getting to EBAY. My income
    increased exponentially.

The last guy with the cash in their hand wins ...

I just received this from CJ:

"We recently discovered that when we processed November payments, we inadvertently excluded performance incentives. We sincerely apologize for the error. To remedy the situation, we will run a new payout that will include your performance incentives and/or your regular payment if you have exceeded the minimum payment amount since the last payout. You will be receiving a payment this week in your usual method (check or direct deposit)."

This doesn't seems to explain any recalculation of bonsuses (ie the original subject of this thread), just processing the payment.

ABW Ambassador
    They seemed to have screwed up the performance incentives this month all right

I got this letter:
    The $- 'drop' that you are seeing is because you are being paid. The payment was sent on 12/22/08, so, you should see this in your account shortly if not already.

Each time a check or direct deposit is sent to you, your account will be 'debited' in that amount, much like the way a regular bank account works, when you withdraw money.

Also, your performance incentive is showing up in your account. You can see them for yourself by running a 'transaction detail' report for the month of December. Another way you can view the same report is to click on 'run reports' and then click directly on your balance.

Happy Holidays!

Client Support
    Sure enough, I can now see the payment as sent when I click the Payment Status top link. I guess it will show in my bank tomorrow. That is really weird as I already got my main payment on the 18th and I have never had an extra payment like this before so they must have made some mistakes this month. I'm just glad that they don't seem to have been deleted and they have actually disappeared as they are paying me that amount.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Over the last two week I had
    Merchantents remove performance incentives
    Merchants lower performance incentives
    Merchants lower commisions
    Merchants lower return days
    Over the last two weeks, I've had merchants both lower, and increase terms. More increased terms than decreased terms.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Over the last two weeks, I've had merchants both lower, and increase terms. More increased terms than decreased terms.
    I'm going to guess it's because times are getting tougher financially for some merchants, and in some situations it's hard to convince the execs to keep "throwing money" at an affiliate program. I know I'm fighting to just keep our current status quo...

I received an extra check yesterday which had me stumped but then I thought about the disappearing bonuses and from this thread that's what the check must be for. Always info your looking for at ABW
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

I think what you might be seeing (and potentially into the new year) that merchants will be looking for ways to cut costs a bit. January is going to be a brutal month, as many people will be getting in their credit card statements and will therefore be less prone to be an active purchaser. Having said that, retailers are probably gearing up for that drop off in sales by cutting costs. Add the recession, and another reason to cut costs come into play.

It's unfortunate but that's how it looks to be unfolding at the moment. Hopefully only a few merchants are taking this approach and that it's not affecting their publishers too significantly.

Just my outlook on this situation :P

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymax Stores
    I think what you might be seeing (and potentially into the new year) that merchants will be looking for ways to cut costs a bit. January is going to be a brutal month, as many people will be getting in their credit card statements and will therefore be less prone to be an active purchaser.
    I agree, we're seeing pressure from clients to cut affiliate costs too, which aren't high to begin with, so purse strings are definitely tightening.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread