Would Adwords Quality Score Be Affected By This
    So, I have a few sites that I use the same layout with and they all had good ctrs. Around 2 days ago all but one of my accounts give me this message next to my keywords:
    Active
    Ads rarely show due to low quality score
    1/10 qs

The one that is still showing gets and 8/10 and is great and of course still showing. Not sure what the problem may be since everything was going along fine but now this.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful on this one since its killing my business.

So I guess what I am asking is would they penalize me for using the same background layout and some of the same content ie pictures, text etc?

The words are very relevant to each page so at this point not sure what to do.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    duplicate content is one thing, among many, that can cause G to grade your keyword-ad-landing-site combination as poor in quality.

if you're double serving with more than one site you own, that can cause even more trouble than a poor qs, like an adwords tos ban.

looks like you got the google slap for xmas. very grinchey of them.

start reading here:
    https://adwords.google.com/support/b....py?topic=7091

response
    Thanks for your response.

Do you think it would matter if I just use some of the same paragraphs and pictures here and there or is that still going to negatively affect my score?

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mweidner2782
    Thanks for your response.

Do you think it would matter if I just use some of the same paragraphs and pictures here and there or is that still going to negatively affect my score?

Thanks,
    Matt
    I would change the wording in the paragraphs and give the pictures links a different naming or format, so they are not the same.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Banned
    Duplicate content may be the culprit.

There is a lot of debate about duplicate content. I feel that the duplicate content penalty is that Google will not list one of the pages with the duplicate content in the SERPs.

Some say if two sites post duplicate content, the site with the higher PR will get listed. Others say that if two sites have duplicate content, the site that originally posted it will get listed. I believe that the latter is true. Otherwise any black-hatter with a high PR site could copy your content and bump you off the SERPs.

I do not believe in using duplicate content. Your pages, blog posts, articles, etc. should all be at least somewhat different. This way you do not have to worry about duplicate content anything.

I know that the above has more to do with organic SEO than it does with Adwords. But, the way I see it is this: If Google sees that all these sites are owned by you and they have extremely similar (if not purely duplicate) content in some areas, than this would be a good reason to lower the QS on all your sites but one.

There are, however, various factors that go into determining your QS and all should be examined. Some of these factors include landing page quality, CTR of keywords and ad, performance of ad, the relevancy of the keyword and ad to the search, and the management and tracking of the account. If you are doing all of these things right than your problem is more than likely duplicate content.

Google can be a strange and unpredictable thing at times.

Ok.... I have several sites and use the same TOS, Privacy Policy, and About pages on each..... those wouldn't get me in trouble, would they? All the content pages themselves for each site are different because they're all different niches.....

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    make the aboutus unique, no worries about terms and policies pages containing duplicate content.

but most important is the landing page, focus there.

Banned
    You really should make the about pages different, whether or not they are your landing pages (which you should have different anyway). If you cannot add totally unique ideas to your about pages, you should at least create unique text.

As to the TOS and privacy policy pages I am unsure but would probly agree with Donuts in that you would be safe. Although, a little different text can't hurt either.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread