Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Even that this post is not related to affiliate marketing, I hope it will cool's some hatred post's here.

No matter what you, I or any other human being thinks, I believe that since the beginning of recorded history, people will always fight, kill, argue, get mad, insult, get stressed, curse, swear, etc, etc...any time that they (Note: I say they and not we, because lately I just use my head first.) find out that he or she don't agree on the way we think.

1- In political matters, if you are not a diplomatic, you will have problems...
    2- In religious or spiritual matters, if you can't prove to your counterpart that thinks different than you, that you got the right answer, you will have problems...
    3- In this life, if you just want to make other people agree only in the way you think is the right way and the only way, then you will undoubtedly find the super big problems...

<big>Haiko</big>

Since you are the owner of this entire board, I will just post my honest opinion here

To me, it is better if you don't doit, but if you doit, this is my best suggestion.

Political and Religious post's, should not be allowed in all the forum's, not because I'm against those issue's, since I have enough feedback to be online for ever, but if you decide to allow it on this board, I think is better just to make a forum just for that, that way there will be only one place in here to kill each other.....

Relax it isn't that bad.

The fact is that most of us that fight enjoy it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Relax it isn't that bad.

The fact is that most of us that fight enjoy it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no problem with that, but I was getting worried about the last few post I see here in the last 24 hrs.

I'm just saying it's been much worse than this in the past. Actually as far as these things go this is hardly a ripple in the pond.

ABW Ambassador
    Where are these posts in the last 24hours, i haven't seen any? I am missing out...

That's the beauty of ABW!

The best thing here is when you ask question and needed help, there's always someone willing to lend a hand!

It's pretty much quitter this time than last year acctually!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Political and Religious post's, should not be allowed in all the forum'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Much the same as in running a peaceful barroom. There is no actual prohibition but the topic starter has to know it is asking for trouble.
    Wayne
    (Hey! I'm a full member!)

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's pretty much quitter this time than last year acctually <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe one reason is last year we were hoping the networks were going to rid the scumware from their programs and everyone was voicing their opinion after the Nov summit
    Most of us here that were around then may be quieter because we really know how far the TOC went to supposadly stop the issue

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Jan, are you trying to start a fight?

If so, then I think Haiko should ban posts about banning political and religious topics.

Well, I guess I have a dilema now:

I post this: jan72 testing my first sig here - Ignore this post.

------------------------
    Now I just noticed that this is my 99 post and since I like to keep my word, I may not be able to post again until.........

Well, maybe if I get ten people here that say that they have not seen that post: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=6586088694

and say to me that is ok to keep on posting, I will not post again and I be back when I reach my goal on that post.
    -------------------------------------

Now I will take the oportunity to reply to - Chez Noir
    "Where are these posts in the last 24hours, i haven't seen any? I am missing out..."

come on Chez Noir
    Don't tell me that you have not read the latest 100 post's on AWB....

------------------------
    NorthernStudio
    "Much the same as in running a peaceful barroom. There is no actual prohibition but the topic starter has to know it is asking for trouble.
    Wayne
    (Hey! I'm a full member!)"
    ---------------------

Hey Wayne, I'm not asking for trouble, but since you want to start one, I'm ready now, play that funky music white boy.... shit this take me back to the good old disco years in the 70's

---------------
    Hey jimbo2002, I was ready to post but I decided to refresh first and then I see your post, so now read it.......

I'm not asking for trouble, but since you want to start one, I'm ready now, play that funky music white boy....

---------------------

Now on a serious note, I will not respond to any post until one of the two thing I say above happen...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Now on a serious note, I will not respond to any post until one of the two thing I say above happen... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot to tell us what the two things were. Guess your goose is cooked now

Don't worry about it. We have our little disputes but we remain firends just the same. It helps us to know each other. Believe it or not we are really attatched to each other, even the ones we don't agree with.

You should have been here when we were really fighting! This ain't nothin'.

But, we still like to hang out together.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, will the new forums have ignore features? I would love to put jan72 on ignore. Because each time she posts, I spend about 3 hours trying to figure out what the hell her point is.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey Wayne, I'm not asking for trouble, but since you want to start one, I'm ready now,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm a lover, not a fighter. But since I don't get out much, it doesn't matter either way.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>the good old disco years<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    An oxymoron?

Wayne

jan,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Political and Religious post's, should not be allowed in all the forum's<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think is better just to make a forum just for that, that way there will be only one place in here to kill each other.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We tried that but it was even worse

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, what you needed was for that forum to not have the posts show up in the new posts or recent activity. That way people could flail about but others could ignore it, i know in the last batch, I only posted after seeing it up in the new posts section for a few days and I wondered what SSanf had gotten herself into this time...

Chet

I just have to laugh when I read about all this. No one is forcing any of us to read these posts and no one is forcing us to write these posts.

If it's getting too deep in here for some people maybe they should just log off.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm forced to waste my #100 post here..

But, I thought I was wrong by this: posted December 02, 2003 12:55 PM ..

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=1966082705

Now, I almost get a heart attack on this thread... http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4246064115

I guess I was right on topic...

Look, we talk about everything here. Why should people who want to talk reasonably about any subject in the Midnight Cafe be limited because one or two say ugly things?

From the vast volume of posts from myriads of members it is very apparent that a lot of members really do want to talk about politics and world events. Otherwise, they wouldn't be reading the topics and making posts on the issues. Do you NEVER mention such stuff at your coffee break at w*rk in the "real" world? Don't say you don't because we know you do. It is natural to talk about things on your mind.

ABW is one place that we get feed back from many, many different parts of the world. It is interesting to read how other people see the same news but it is filtered through whatever filters are in place where they are instead of being filtered through our own media.

If you don't share that interest, that is certainly OK with me. But, why do you want to take away something other people enjoy? You're OK with jokes, personal news and about every topic under the sun. Why do you want to muzzle people on a few topics you are not comfortable with?

Yes, I think HATE talk or demonization of certain groups should be deleted and the offender warned. But, the fact that some people don't know where the line is and continue to cross it is no reason to impose a ban on everyone at ABW, the innocent along with the guilty, from certain subjects. Those people should be asked privatly to tone it down. Hopefully, they will comply.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Disclaimer: Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Quote: "SSanf
    If you don't share that interest, that is certainly OK with me. But, why do you want to take away something other people enjoy? You're OK with jokes, personal news and about every topic under the sun. Why do you want to muzzle people on a few topics you are not comfortable with?"

SSanf, believe me I do share that interest and also everything related to the human race and the unknown, I have a open mind for everything and by the way I don't want to take away something other people enjoy, because I enjoy it too.

The reason that I started this thread (topic), was because since I still somehow new to ABW and I thought that things were getting heated on those two issues (politics and religion) on some posts, I thought that it was a good idea to have a special place in here to talk about those two issues so everybody will be able to get involved if they wanted to, and that way the people that just came to ABW, to do the affiliated marketing thing, din't get sidetracked on off topic posts.

I just joined abw, less than three months ago and I see that you are here for over two years now, so since you have more experience than me in here, I will take back my previous suggestion and just go with the flow on this board.

Life is to short to worry about the details, let's post away and let Haiko decide when to edit, delete, move or ban a post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Look, we talk about everything here. Why should people who want to talk reasonably about any subject in the Midnight Cafe be limited because one or two say ugly things? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> exactly my thoughts Ssanf but why is it that you take offence every time someone mentions witches and we all have to shut up?
    I totally agree that people should be allowed to talk about anything so long as it does not develop into a full scale flame throwing thread, so please try and have a little tolerance yourself.

Take care
    Gordon CEO of
    YouTrek.com
    I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

Jan72 I already like you.

Yes, I believe I was the 39th person to join ABW.

The dynamics of this group are unlike anything you will find anywhere else.

This is about affiliate marketing, yes. But, it is also about being part of something greater and larger than yourself. And, it is about sharing and belonging.

The thing that brings us together is our shared vocational interest. But, much of the information available here is also found other places. That isn't what keeps us coming here day in and day out. ABW is the biggest and the best because of the human touch. We fight, we cry, we love and we comfort each other. We celebrate birthdays and births. We sorrow when our members become sick or have hard times and morn the passing of those we have developed relationships with here. And, we share our fears and concerns about the world we find ourselves in.

This is a unique group. I'm glad you are here and I think you will be a great part of the community.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> exactly my thoughts Ssanf but why is it that you take offence every time someone mentions witches and we all have to shut up? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is certainly a mischaracterization of my position.

You can mention witches to your hearts content as long as you are fair and do not perpetuate untrue and derogatory stereotypes.

If anyone say untruths or mischaracterize witches or for that matter any other group, if I am aware of it I am certainly going to feel and express righteous indignation.

ABW Ambassador
    I want to hurry up and go to sleep so when i wake up i can make pancakes.

I work in lounge pants . Looking for a sponsor, PM with offer.

Hi Jan72, the great thing about ABW is you can choose whether you participate in a thread or not.
    ABW is about affiliate marketing but it's also about the people involved in it.
    On the whole, a highly motivated, driven group of individuals who often need to let off steam and the subject can be whatever happens to get on their goat.

Generally we agree to disagree, but when it comes to the crunch, I think we're pretty much there for each other.

So don't worry about it Jan72, every once in awhile there's nothing like a good old flame war to clear the air

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast