Please Help! Confused regarding affiliate link & some queries.
    Hi,

I am Jeet. I have publisher account. This is the first time i am writing in this forum & it will be a very long one with lots of questions, please bear with me

I am new to CJ world introduced by one of my friend.

I have 153 advertisers from the drop down list at bottom of main page.

I am having problem & great confusion regarding affiliate links, how to get them & use them

I DONT have a website but my friend told me that we can still use the 'link codes' in sites providing free ads in there classified section & also with google adword.

I am confused what type of websites should i add using 'add new website' tab

Just to try with, i added 2 site ebay & rediff (allows posting free ads) in web site setting-> add new website.

When i click 'Go' to an advertiser say "Acronis' I get a new window where i get two 'code' for the two website ebay & rediff for banner/keyword link.

I am confused on how to use them. Can i use the code shown for ebay in rediff site in there free ads section in classified or i will have to use it only in ebay site. Is it like link code shown by rediff.com to be used in there site only & that shown by ebay to be used in ebay likewise.

Which code of the two i get from the two websites can i use in GOOGLE ADWORD & free ads section provided by various websites?

What is the use of "update Link"? by updating link code can i advertise the product number of time?

Can i post only one banner or more than one for an advertiser in a particular website or it will be just a waste of time?

advertising in wrong categories of ads by mistake in a free ads hosting website by mistake is violation of rules?

In front page i get "Create Account Link" under login manager. is if compulsory to fill? whats the use of it? please guide.

It's not that i need spoon feeding, i am getting along with the tutorials & manuals but even after that i am confused over what sites are to be added & how to get starter as i dont have a website & dont have the knowhow on how to make one. i want to get on with this program.

I am a noob in the marketing field & to CJ world. i am from technical field currently jobless & desperately want to use my 24hrs just to earn money from CJ program,understanding each n every aspect & get hold of the jargon used required for advertising as a publisher.

i am having a link speed of 128kbps at home but i am not able to login, i only get the main page but unable to login as status bar keeps showing 'connecting'. i always have to go to this cafe having link speed of 1mbps.. is 128kbps insufficient? upgrade of 256kbps will be ok?

Please pls pls reply & help me get started with CJ.

Please do reply
    Waiting in anticipation,
    Thank you,
    Jeet.

Talking
    Hello, Jeet, and Welcome to ABW . . .

Many of us here have found that putting our links on "free" sites has been a waste of time: one does not see many sales from them.

What is more normal is to get a domain name and hosting and try to get that domain name to be a theme so the merchants you put on it tend to match it.

hope this helps!

Hi Jeet and welcome, too
    What Herb said is really very good advice.

Also, as far as logging into CJ. A lot of times it just takes a really long time for us to log in there. Not sure if you're having the problem with your connection or it's just the same as what happens to a lot of us, too. So don't necessarily be discouraged by that. It may just take you a while.

Good luck You can really learn a lot here from reading the posts, making searches and then asking questions.

tnx herb n pb for ur reply i m getting started with reading some posts n tuts in abw hope it helps.

one que, if i dont have a website of my own to add in cj, what type of websites i can add to get link codes?

You need to get a website of your own really. They are cheap and most hosting companies will give you a site along with your hosting. All you need to do then are add your links and write things.

You cant really run a successful publishing business without a website or domain of your own, it isnt really feasible.

You can get free websites but make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully as many do not allow you to advertise. Some of them do though so you need to look around.

Email marketing works in some cases BUT you must read the terms and conditions of each of the companies you sign up to as many do not allow it. Spam is illegal and you must therefore only use an email marketing list where people have actually signed up to receive your mails.

Good luck. I think you have a lot more to learn yet.
    :approval:

Beth aka 1stAngel
    [URL=http://1stangel.co.uk]1stAngel Arts Magazine[/URL]
    [URL=http://galileowasright.com]Galileo Was Right[/URL]

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stAngel
    You need to get a website of your own really. They are cheap and most hosting companies will give you a site along with your hosting. All you need to do then are add your links and write things.

You cant really run a successful publishing business without a website or domain of your own, it isnt really feasible.

You can get free websites but make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully as many do not allow you to advertise. Some of them do though so you need to look around.

email marketing works in some cases BUT you must read the terms and conditions of each of the companies you sign up to as many do not allow it. Spam is illegal and you must therefore only use an email marketing list where people have actually signed up to receive your mails.

Good luck. I think you have a lot more to learn yet.
    To what 1stAngel is saying, it also GREATLY increases your chances of being approved for more affiliate programs if you have your own website. Some programs don't allow or encourage using AdWords to drive traffic, so they will not approve you if you don't have your own website. Your ranking efforts will go along better if you have your own website to direct clicks to first instead of passing them along.

Regarding the free websites, the other problem with those beyond their terms & conditions is that they are usually free because they ad their own advertisements to your website, immediately distracting from any valuable content since they're usually obnoxious, and distracting from any ads you're running since they user won't know or care if it's the free service or you showing the ad. Keep in mind as well that running an irrelevant ad can hurt your website's value as well, and you won't have any control over what ads a free web host will show.

The fact that you have run into this obstacle i.e trying to register with a free site has probably saved you a whole load of money

Putting your affiliate links into adwords ads needs a lot of skill to make it work

I think getting a website is not the most expensive or difficult thing in the world

If you are serious about affiliate marketing you will want your own online presence at some stage or the other so why not start now?
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

http and a telephoto
    I DONT have a website but my friend told me that we can still use the 'link codes' in sites providing free ads in there classified section & also with google adword.
    And is your friend making any money with this method? If they aren't, why would you listen to them, and if they are, have them show you more about how.

In the meantime, you have gotten some really good advice and you will want to read the Magic Bullet thread.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79507
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

thank u all...i got to know its not worth running after the word "free" getting hold on to a website of my own soon. thank you all for your guidance. see you soon

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread