Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Anyone else using the WiiFit??
    The kiddo got a WiiFit for Christmas. Let me tell you, if you're out of shape, that is QUITE the workout, but it doesn't seem like it because it's video game LOL Anyone else using it????

I like the Fit too. I like the yoga and the balance games mostly and haven't explored much else yet. And it's cool that it charts your progress over the days and weeks to help you get to your goals.

Have you been able to find a way to play it while connected to the internet? I was excited to think I might be able to work out talking to others online LOL

Haven't tried that yet, let me know how it goes!

I bought one for Nancy as a Christmas Gift. She loves it and has been using it nearly every day, saying it does give a good workout. She has also bought a few accessories... LOL.

As a side benefit, some of us have "gotten into" the bowling game that came with it.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Question:

Is it worth getting the Wii just for the Fit?

It hard for me to push aside the 360 controller for a new system!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    We just got our Wii this week. It came with the sports package, which we've really been enjoying. Hubby can beat me at everything except boxing. I hold the house record for boxing. TKO in one round. My new nickname is "tiny fists of fury."

We're going to buy the Wii Fit this weekend, assuming we can find it locally. We're both determined to shed a lot of weight this year.

I absolutely think that it's worth it to get a Wii just for the WiiFit. The Wii itself comes with sports games too, so it's great for getting everyone active and fit!

Anything to increase our activity level is worth it!!!

Especially when it is as fun as Wii!!

My husband is in a wheelchair. Is it something he can do? I've never really looked at them before, but if it could be a form of exercise for him it would be great.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I don't know that the WiiFit would be a good one for him, but the Wii itself comes with many sports games that are great for maintaining and increasing upper body strength. I believe if you go to the nintendo site, you can see different games that come with it and are available, and there should be some screenshots, etc so that you can see what might be good, and what wouldn't. Hope this helps!!

We have not gotten a Fit yet, but the boxing game that comes with it is serious business. After a few games with the kids I'm about ready to pass out. Need to checkout the Fit, what price range are they in?

Wii is awesome, life like, I get every bit as sore from Wii tennis as I do playing the real game! Maybe the y should have had Wii fit for WALL-E's gang

Why does the wii fit have to go "ouch" when I step on lol? That kills me! Otherwise it's super fun, one of my buddies has it. One thing I'd like to see is a multi player setting. It's difficult to play any of the balance games with multiple people...

Can anyone touch my Soccer Heading record? I was on a roll the other day and scored 497!

Multi player would be nice! I'd also love if they added it to the online playing capabilities.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    It doesn't always go "ouch," sometimes it says "great." I have no idea why.

I love Wii Fit. It makes exercise fun and I've learned a few things about how to exercise that I didn't know before. I did two sessions today, one half hour and another 15 minutes and I'm going to do another short session tonight. When I do partial sessions I do the easier aerobics drills and the boxing. Boxing is my favorite thing. Yoga is my best thing.

leeann, most yoga poses can be modified for people who are chairbound. http://www.bostonyoga.com/chair_yoga.html

Also I love the endorphin rush I get from exercising.

Who's not using it. My wife and my mother in law are actually thinking of opening a small workout stydio featuring - You guessed it! The Wii Fit. They wanna buy like 15 of these things and start a little workout club. Never heard of anyone doing this before, but I really hope it works.

Now thats a great idea, a small gym featuring the Wii Fit. I havent had the cash to go and get the Wii but ive had friends nudge me to get the system. I would love to get it but at this rate i may get a different system first and go from there. But hearing the great stories who knows may i can get a wii

Which Wii accessories & games?
    For our "family present" this Christmas, we've purchased a Wii system (Wii Sport package, plus the Wii Fit Plus package with board, plus Wii Play with a 2nd controller and more games). We'll probably unpack it all on Sunday or Monday, as my stepdaughter will be with her dad on Christmas day.

My questions, for those who already have Wii systems:

(1) How important are the various accessories that we haven't yet purchased? I expect that the "motion sensor" attachments (at $20 each) will be our first purchase, since one goal for buying the system is try to be more physically active.

(2) Also, which games might offer a decent physical workout combined with an enjoyable game experience?

Thanks in advance for any specific advice.

Some of the Wii Sports games (I think that's the one they're on) are quite a workout. My shoulder hurt for almost a week the first time I played Wii Bowling, and Wii Boxing was quite a workout as well.

My son (Gabriel, 6) loves Lego Star Wars and Toy Story Mania.

We've had a Wii Fit for about a year. We haven't taken it out of the box yet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I haven't gotten the Plus yet, but I did just receive a copy of the new Your Shape game, so I'll let you know how that is. It comes with a webcam so that the game can tell you what you are doing wrong and adjust for your fitness level. I love Wii Fit though, and so does my son.

I've managed to lose around 2 stone with a change of diet and lifestyle - I'm now just in need of a good tone-up. I'm also lucky enough to have a Wii with WiiFit nicely wrapped up and waiting under the tree - ready to burn off the Mince Pies and Christmas Pudding

I'm a huge advocate of the Nintendo Wii - they have certainly got it right when it comes to a unique mass appeal product.

Affiliate Manager yourphotooncanvas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    Can anyone touch my Soccer Heading record? I was on a roll the other day and scored 497!
    Can't touch that! I think I'm lucky to get 10 at that game...it seems really mean to pelt the poor goalie with 497 soccer balls, by the way. That's gotta cause permanent brain damage...

My advise will be to go out and made some jogging, yoga, running. It's far more better to breath fresh air.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast