Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    No Cookies for me this Christmas Santa??
    Hi Santa,

I have been good this year and have been doing my home work regularly. I have been updating a lot of fresh content and have been working my arse off to get enough links to my website(s). I understand, its Credit Crunch and people are not shelling out money and buying stuff. But hay, I have a Coupons website to help people save money!! I don't think that asking for a sale in 1000 unique clicks is too much to ask for. And my analytics/tracking shows that those 1000 unique clicks/visitors were HIGHLY targeted. Most of them were looking to make a FINAL sale. But OH! Not only that, my analytics show that in 3 days I gave atleast 1000 clicks/UVs (in fact, I have data to prove more clicks happened from those 1000 UVs), but why does their counting show ONLY 40 clicks??? Why this heavy mismatch of data? Please Santa, tell them not to lie and tell me where are my cookies?? I have been waiting since the beginning of the year for December 2008 and when it is here, you've got NO cookies for me. Why?

Santa says: Son, you better visit ABW regularly and do your homework! Read what others have to say about Linkshare. Wasn't that enough that I gave you so much traffic to cash on? And you blindly promoted Linkshare!!
    This is what you deserve, so NO cookies for you!!

I cry...

I believe Santa's put in a test purchase.
    Just keep your stockings hanging on the fireplace and watch the test purchase thread.

Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Where is the Test Purchase thread??
    Please post a link ..

And, is there anyone else feeling that sales have dipped drastically within last 3 or 4 days??

Had to sign back in, was on the way down the chimney
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Thanks for signing back Bob, appreciate your help.
    I'm checking that thread. No matter what, I will not sit quite. I mean, I have nothing earned that I should fear losing. I will contact LS and will request them to return my cookies
    Andy.

Whos not doing homework?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence
    Had to sign back in, was on the way down the chimney
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
    Holy Moses!
    What are these affiliate networks doing? SO MANY sales not getting tracked??
    I could understand a new program on some road-side affiliate network not doing the basic coding properly and the sales not getting tracked. But whats up with top companies like Office Depot and Buy Costumes?
    Doesn't LS or CJ keep any periodic checks on these merchants?
    After reading that thread, I'm wondering about two things. Which affiliate network to choose and then which merchants to choose so that I can have my cookies.

Santa Save ME! Save ME!! Save Meeee!!!

Question
    ""1000 unique clicks/visitors were HIGHLY targeted"""

How do you know that for a fact?

Maybe they were 1000 random bots that where fishing around on pages with content ?

Do you have access to the raw log files from your website?

Are you able to see ref URLS? are they coming from Search Results?

What Search Engines are poping up the most?

Plz let me know ..

Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    ""1000 unique clicks/visitors were HIGHLY targeted"""

How do you know that for a fact?

Maybe they were 1000 random bots that where fishing around on pages with content ?

Do you have access to the raw log files from your website?

Are you able to see ref URLS? are they coming from Search Results?

What Search Engines are poping up the most?

Plz let me know ..
    Hi,
    Yes sir, I know this for fact. Those were real customers apart from the bots and other visitors which had their window-shopping switch ON.
    What I mentioned was the 20% of the actual number of visitors I had and around 5% of the total page views. I have ALL the data to support and prove what I'm saying.
    But my real question is why is LS showing ONLY 40 clicks??
    I could fairly understand LS showing 500 clicks instead of the 1000. But common man, 4% of the actual??
    Santa visited LS offices and then they didn't let Him my way ..

I still cry ..

Quote Originally Posted by toptenservices
    Hi,
    Yes sir, I know this for fact. Those were real customers apart from the bots and other visitors which had their window-shopping switch ON.
    What I mentioned was the 20% of the actual number of visitors I had and around 5% of the total page views. I have ALL the data to support and prove what I'm saying.
    But my real question is why is LS showing ONLY 40 clicks??
    I could fairly understand LS showing 500 clicks instead of the 1000. But common man, 4% of the actual??
    Santa visited LS offices and then they didn't let Him my way ..

I still cry ..
    So .. your 100000% sure XYZ Visitor is a real visitor and not some bot?

Are your visitors logging in / need a account to access your data?

Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    So .. your 100000% sure XYZ Visitor is a real visitor and not some bot?

Are your visitors logging in / need a account to access your data?
    Lets not talk about the sales buddy. Targeted is for SALES .. but I'm bugged about the number of clicks.
    With 20% of clicks going to LS and then LS showing even 4% of those 20%, My CTR should be waaaaaayy below 1%. Lets forget about sales. There is NO sale since last 4 days.
    As for being 100000% sure for xyz visitors, I have followed previous trends and have seen how sales have been generating through my links. Lets say, last 3 or 4 days were the WORST time of the year and people instead of shopping more, shopped way less (Which I dont think is the case). What about logging the number of clicks?
    I cant even say that there is something wrong with the links on my site because LS is still logging those 40 clicks.
    I believe, they had a great time on Christmas with all the cookies in their piggy bank.

.. are you sure the LS links have been properly implemented..?

I don't find their clicks off by much when I review my own sites, and you say 1000 to their 40 (which is a huge discrepancy, I agree).

1000 clicks would generate sales for sure, so I think you need to investigate the 40.. (added: LS only updates stats overnight, no live tracking).

Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    .. are you sure the LS links have been properly implemented..?

I don't find their clicks off by much when I review my own sites, and you say 1000 to their 40 (which is a huge discrepancy, I agree).

1000 clicks would generate sales for sure, so I think you need to investigate the 40.. (added: LS only updates stats overnight, no live tracking of clicks possible).
    Hi Teezone, thanks for the reply.
    It is surely a matter of investigation because, 3 days ago, everything was working fine. The clicks were getting tracked and LS was showing proper clicks and in fact, I got 3 sales on low value products. Then all of a sudden, I saw the click counts at LS with a down trend and yesterday I got mad when I saw that my 1000 clicks were reflecting only 40 clicks in my LS account.

Is anyone else experiencing any problems since last 3 or 4 days while promoting LS merchants and getting tracking problems?

Do you show the same stats in both the old & new interface..? If you're new to LS, that may not be relevant (ie. you only login to one place) - for me, I still use the old interface.

So you saw 1000 clicks, and now it's down to 40..? That's very strange, and not something I have seen before. For sure, you want to open a support ticket..

Sorry I can't be of much help, I thought maybe the links weren't tracking - a lag in reporting sometimes occurs (will show no change in total clicks for 2-3 days), but if you saw 1000, and now only 40, something's up.

Do you show the same stats in both the old & new interface..? If you're new to LS, that may not be relevant (ie. you only login to one place) - for me, I still use the old interface.

So you saw 1000 clicks, and now it's down to 40..? That's very strange, and not something I have seen before. For sure, you want to open a support ticket..

Sorry I can't be of much help, I thought maybe the links weren't tracking - a lag in reporting sometimes occurs (will show no change in total clicks for 2-3 days), but if you saw 1000, and now only 40, something's up.
    Thanks for the help teezone, could you give me the link to Linkshare's old interface? I guess, we can use the same username and password to login to both interfaces.
    Regards.

Oh I found the old login page. It was just below the new Login page. Traditional Login link.
    By the way, what is the difference between # of Orders and # of Items (in reports)?
    Regards,
    Andy.

In the old interface, I see same stats. Just that, it shows around 240 clicks instead of 40 clicks AND apart from # of Sales (which is 3), I see # of Items (which is showing 10). Any idea what is this # of items?

No no .. thats not the case. The problem is, my analytics and logs show that 1000 unique visitors clicked on links out of 4800 UV yesterday. But when I checked in my linkshare account, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw only 40 clicks. I'm wondering what happened to those other 960 clicks. Secondly, in the old interface, for same day it shows 240 clicks. What the heck is wrong with their new interface? In any case, I'm not still satisfied with the number of clicks mis-match. What if the same thing is happening with the number of sales? I see the same number of sales which happened before 4 days. Since last 3 days, no sales at all. Total for 3 days it shows 1041 clicks. tsk tsk ... I'm getting over 4k UV everyday.

You have already helped my buddy by instructing me to log in to the old interface which shows the mismatch. Thanks for the help

I will probably contact LS.

Regards,
    Andy.

Any idea what is this # of items?
    It's the number of items on an order. One order for 2 products will be 2 items. It's in both the old and new interface. Individual Item Report shows you exactly what products are selling. A very good feature of Linkshare.
    What the heck is wrong with their new interface?
    I believe that the sales data goes to an efficient data base first which is used by the Traditional Reporting. Then it's moved to a more sophisticated (and slower) data base for the new interface to allow more flexible reporting. The new interface is often behind the old interface in updates. It gets there eventually. This is speculation on my part.

Hi Cathy, Thanks for the information ..
    My linkshare account shows ...
    # of Orders 3 and # of items 10 (Old Interface)
    This is on 1 merchant.

But in the new interface, it shows
    Number of products sold = 4

I'm going nuts now. Why so much difference in the new interface and old interface ..

And, I got commission for those 4 products sold. Not 10 items. Neither the new interface or the old shows 10 products/items.

I'm blank ..

toptenservices,

You may want to check the Non-commissioned sales, sometimes merchants have a real short cookie that crumbles into powder when not used quickly.

quickly=immediately

I don't think merchants have actualized their data, LS is not realtime, very few merchants are realtime.
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

toptenservices

I looked through the new interface and could not find number of products sold. I do not know where you are seeing that. What report are you running? Items are listed in the reports that I run such as Sales and Activity, Individual Item Report, etc. My items and commissions do match the old interface right now but sometimes they are behind in their updates.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    toptenservices

I looked through the new interface and could not find number of products sold. I do not know where you are seeing that. What report are you running? Items are listed in the reports that I run such as Sales and Activity, Individual Item Report, etc. My items and commissions do match the old interface right now but sometimes they are behind in their updates.
    Hi Cathy,

I have to admit, I was wrong. I didn't go through the reports carefully. I see the items and everything now in both interfaces. The data matches for sales, orders and items. My fault, I need some more sleep, I guess.
    But it happens when you have already developed a negative image, everything seems suspicious and then we jump to conclusions.
    But still the question of number of clicks is bugging me. Its mismatching in two interfaces.
    I don't know what is happening, but I guess since so many people are talking about LS's ethical issues, I will try to promote CJ or SAS more often now.

I really wish to promote SAS, but majority of top merchants are with CJ or LS. mmmm what a brainer.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence
    toptenservices,

You may want to check the Non-commissioned sales, sometimes merchants have a real short cookie that crumbles into powder when not used quickly.
    Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the information.
    I checked the Non-commissioned sales, but it shows zero. I have seen a few merchants on LS showing the cookie duration .985 days and .365 and so on .. what does that mean? Does that mean, their cookie duration is less than 1 day? may be for few hours. Should we promote those merchants? I think its dicey to promote them. But looking at the other side of the picture, I guess, they have inacted such a short duration cookie to overcome the cookie stuffers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Appreciate your help Bob
    Regards.

Continuing to this post, I can understand, People are not buying too much cuz of the economic conditions. But why is this happening:

CJ:
    Impressions: 12,300 (App.)
    Clicks: 350 (App.)
    Sales: Zero

Linkshare:
    Impressions: 18,600 (App.)
    Clicks: 1,234
    Sales: 4

Google Affiliate Network (ConnectCommerce):
    Impressions: 2,000 (App.)
    Clicks: 97
    Sales: 4

Amazon:
    Impressions: 4000 (App.)
    Clicks: 304
    Sales: 25

Once again, I'm wondering why the sales not happening on CJ and Linkshare. And if clicks are converting to sales, they are converting at a very poor rate. Anyone else experiencing this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast