Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Haiko,

EcomCity.com (Mike) has clearly broken this ABW rule

"Posts containing racist, sexual- or religious-, personal-, etc offending content will be removed and will get you banned immediately."

by saying these

"The only thing that unites Islam is hatred"

"Problem is over the last 20-30 years Islam has been breeding unfed -unsheltered -un-employed -un-educated masses like rabbits"

"Islam declared war on the US and the West long before 9/11."

"So GWB and the silent majority will kick Islam, one country, at a time into the 21st century."

on this thread:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4246064115

I pointed out this, but you just locked the thread by saying "Enough with this political stuff."

It's not just "political stuff." Ecomcity clearly attacked members of a religion, offended many people including me, and broke an ABW rule. This is not the first time he's doing it.

Why are you letting him get away with this? Are you SELECTIVELY appliying the ABW rules to some members, like some networks do it to the parasites?

He should either apologize or be banned as you state in your rules. Otherwise, you are no different than people/organizations whose ethics you question everyday!

ABW Ambassador
    His remarks not only offend people with a different religion or culture, his baseless, meaningless comments in the areas he knows nothing offend many people in this board with different views on life, politics or business.

I was hoping someone, someday will bring this issue. I agree with Sambay 100%. This needs to STOP. I am against censorship, but I do not like comments which can hurt people either.

ABW Ambassador
    Speaking as a member of ABW rather than a moderator for the moment, I also agree 100% SamBay. I too am sick and tired of EcomCity's ignorant, grade school understanding of culture and politics. I tend to avoid those type of threads, but I'll be editing heavily in the future.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Sam,

To tell you the truth I didn't read the tread, only found an oportune moment to close it as this board is about making money not this political applesauce!

I openly ask Mike to post an appology.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    this board is about making money not this political applesauce!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko_

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli_</font></p><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haiko,

Thanks for closing that thread. I am tired of coming here at seeing everyone's political spin, bs and religious preachings.

Keep this board about affiliate marketing. Points of interest that can help everyone make more income.

Keep closing those un-needed threads!

Allen

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Sambay 100%.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I'm not getting involved with what was said. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. But what is EcomCity (Mike) doesn't apologize what will you do?

Come to think of it, what if he does apologize, theatening him makes the apology meaningless.

ojmoo (a different Mike)

How many other people that were banned in the past were allowed the opportunity to apologize?
    How many other people were banned for much less?
    I agree, a forced apology is really meaningless.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ojmoo,

Sam said he would accept the apology, so I will advocate that position before I have to ban anyone in moving forward and productively.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    He should either apologize or be banned as you state in your rules<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

That is the wonderful thing about america. We can say what we want and are free to make an @ss of ourselves any time we want. Nobody is forced to read anything they consider offensive.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If my well thought out observations on world events, politics, religion, history is offensive then we should all un-plug the internet and all TV's. All those leveraging USA businesses, consumers and our Holidays to pad their affiliate pockets, while finding the celebration of Christmas and Easter offensive, should pull down their links. All those who ignor the real proven facts of history, if it doesn't suit their cultural adjendas, surely can ignor my ramblings as they hear much worse daily as an angry world reels under the body count of terrorism. If the worldwide liberal left is offended that GWB is even running for a 2nd term then turn the USA into a one party system

The PC police now wish to cancel all school Christmas plays and manger displays in malls and stores, while lobbying to remove the word God or Jesus from our music, public books, government documents, constitution and oaths of office. If the view of a woman's ankle offend's your religious sensibilities then campaign to eliminate affiliate programs and spamm pushing more then socks and prayer rugs.

If it's just about making money then all ABWers should praise the BHO's, Dupers and SE spammers as the best of breed based upon the size of their money pile. The moment that occurs and 8000 of my posts and my input gets removed from this board I'll cease posting and go the way of BLFH.

In 3 years I've never received a phone call, PM or e-mail from Haiko and therefore can assume my thousands of hours of efforts and individuality are overall rated as a detriment to the growth of ABW. I've never tried to silence opposing views and sure have no bearing on the outcome of history unfolding. Therefore if the majority of this board wishes to silence me it will not require getting banned ...I'll just exit quietly.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Mike, your ignorance is only surpassed by your arrogance. This statement sums up everything about you in one giant ball - and the funny thing?? You have no idea what is wrong with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>All those leveraging USA businesses, consumers and our Holidays to pad their affiliate pockets, while finding the celebration of Christmas and Easter offensive, should pull down their links. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as I'd LOVEto crap on WebmasterMike at this moment I have to say there is some truth to what he said. Although he should have used the term "Islam Extremists" instead of just Islam.

I don't see this as a reason to dump the old koot but I do see this as a reason to completely ban all political posts from abw and we go on knowing that this is a place about making money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    If my well thought out observations on world events, politics, religion, history is offensive then we should all un-plug the internet and all TV's.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See the thing is, I come here to talk about and learn about Affiliate Marketing.

If I want to hear about politics I turn on the news or if I want to hear about religion I go to church.

In so many posts about affiliate marketing, your political rants and raves are mixed in and it offends many people and takes away from the total effectiveness of these forums.

There is a place for everything, heck I don't mind good arguments here as long as it pertains to affiliate marketing.

But we have lots of people from different countries and religions here. We need to keep that stuff out.

If some of you want to talk politics or religion, start your own forum and do it there.

I hesitate to send anyone here to ABW, with some of the off topic postings going on here. I have sent some people and they read of few of the off topic postings and they took off running!

So I take it the apology is a no go?

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Mike,

I am the first one to defend free speech, and expose tyranical censors, offline, and online. However, this is an affiliate marketing board, and all of us big mouths (including me) should try our best to stay on that subject (what Connie said).

BTW, how's traffic converting to cash?

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck

There is a problem with the rules here. No religious offending content.

All RELIGIOUS CONTENT IS OFFENSIVE! You just have to say it to the wrong person.

For the record I agree with EcomCity as I am sure others do too but are afraid to say so.

But this isnt the forums for that topic. It's a meaningless argument anyways. Personally I think the rules should just state no religious discussion.

http://www.VideoGameDeals.com now an SAS merchant.

True, so why do people keep responding to his posts? Seems they must actually take the time to read them. Why????

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jane:
    True, so why do people keep responding to his posts? Seems they must actually take the time to read them. Why????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ahem, cough, cough

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck

Before you climb on Rosinante and clop off into the sunset...

The majority of us don't want to see you go.

I'm not offended by anything you post, but I can sure understand how others might be.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    So people come in here start spewing all sorts of political and war crap in a forum supposably on affiliate marketing and their feelings get hurt
    My suggestion. If the war and political issues are so important there must be lots of forums devoted to that. I have never seen ABW as ever being promoted as such a forum.
    I don't come here to hear ANYONES political or religeous views.
    If you have problems with religous or political posts just stay out of those said discussions then your feelings won't get hurt. You provoke it, you get what you deserve

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

I was going to jump in and side with Ecom (for his right to post not necessarily for his views) but I thought my being fairly new to the forum would not help his cause.
    But I for one am very entertained by his posts!
    I would hate to see him go.

CDC

I just think if there are rules and they are enforced for some, they should be enforced for all. Lots of people have been banned for less..

I find his political and religious postings have no place on this affiliate marketing forum.

Either do away with the rule and have a free for all on political and religous posts or ban all such related posts.

Don't have different rules for different people.

Then depending on the rules we can decide if this is a place we want to hang out or not.

But please Haiko, make clear rules and make them apply to everyone.

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    If the political postings are also a no no we should be seeing lots of departees besides mike

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

I say we start fresh, and if there are rules on political postings they should be going forward.
    Past sins forgiven so to speak, but be forwarned it is not allowed any more.

Connie Berg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I say we start fresh, and if there are rules on political postings they should be going forward.
    Past sins forgiven so to speak, but be forwarned it is not allowed any more.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I concurr.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

<TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=600><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD> <TD><FONT SIZE=1>FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free